[Csnd] web IDE files

Subject[Csnd] web IDE files
I’m starting a new teaching semester and I am using the Web IDE like last year. It’s great to see many improvements like the saving of files before playback, and other small changes.
One that is looking good is that rendered files are appearing at the project navigator, that is really good and then we can download them from there.

I was going to suggest two things, which I am not sure can be done or are hard:

1) the rendered files could be clicked and opened for playback directly in an IDE tab. Currently, a tab opens but it says the file type cannot be read. Interesting that is not the
case if we upload a file to the project, because we can click on it and it will open a tab.
With the rendered files if you select download, it will open in another browser tab and from there we can play and download. However it would be tidier if it were all inside Web IDE.

2) it would be good to have a simple means to put the rendered file into the project (e.g. by dragging or via a context menu option). At the moment, the rendered file needs to be
downloaded and re-uploaded to the project.

The Web IDE is really going very well. Thanks to Hlodver for the hard work.

FromHlöðver Sigurðsson
SubjectRe: [Csnd] web IDE files
Hi Victor, great ideas.

I've already implemented your first feature request on the develop branch.

For the second one, Im working on a simple solution, an upload button next to the download button. The drag and drop was a bit of headache to deal with, I hope a button click will be ok for that one.

Thanks for your comments, I'm hoping to make the web-ide as usable as possible, for myself too :)

On Tue, 14 Feb 2023 at 12:23, Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
[...]

I implemented both on develop branch,
if you have time could you look over https://csound-ide-dev.firebaseapp.com/
and tell me if you notice any bugs before I merge to master. I was also doing various upgrades of old packages so any help to skim over is well appreciated!

On Wed, 15 Feb 2023 at 15:14, Hlöðver Sigurðsson <hlolli@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] Re: [Csnd] web IDE files
Thanks, will do!

On 17 Feb 2023, at 09:23, Hlöðver Sigurðsson <hlolli@gmail.com> wrote:

*Warning*

This email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.

[...]

SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd] web IDE files
I get a blank page when I try to create a new project. When I refresh I am back at my empty profile page.

> On 17 Feb 2023, at 09:21, Hlöðver Sigurðsson  wrote:
>
> WARNINGThis email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.
> I implemented both on develop branch,
> if you have time could you look over https://csound-ide-dev.firebaseapp.com/
> and tell me if you notice any bugs before I merge to master. I was also doing various upgrades of old packages so any help to skim over is well appreciated!
>
> On Wed, 15 Feb 2023 at 15:14, Hlöðver Sigurðsson  wrote:
> Hi Victor, great ideas.
>
> I've already implemented your first feature request on the develop branch.
>
> For the second one, Im working on a simple solution, an upload button next to the download button. The drag and drop was a bit of headache to deal with, I hope a button click will be ok for that one.
>
> Thanks for your comments, I'm hoping to make the web-ide as usable as possible, for myself too :)
>
> On Tue, 14 Feb 2023 at 12:23, Victor Lazzarini  wrote:
> I’m starting a new teaching semester and I am using the Web IDE like last year. It’s great to see many improvements like the saving of files before playback, and other small changes.
> One that is looking good is that rendered files are appearing at the project navigator, that is really good and then we can download them from there.
>
> I was going to suggest two things, which I am not sure can be done or are hard:
>
> 1) the rendered files could be clicked and opened for playback directly in an IDE tab. Currently, a tab opens but it says the file type cannot be read. Interesting that is not the
> case if we upload a file to the project, because we can click on it and it will open a tab.
> With the rendered files if you select download, it will open in another browser tab and from there we can play and download. However it would be tidier if it were all inside Web IDE.
>
> 2) it would be good to have a simple means to put the rendered file into the project (e.g. by dragging or via a context menu option). At the moment, the rendered file needs to be
> downloaded and re-uploaded to the project.
>
> The Web IDE is really going very well. Thanks to Hlodver for the hard work.

FromHlöðver Sigurðsson
SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd] web IDE files
ok I fixed that error and merged to master, let me know fast if there's another bug we missed.

The discovered issue where the rendered output is producing corrupted files, I will fix tomorrow evening!