Csound Csound-dev Csound-tekno Search About

[Csnd-dev] Update to squinewave, submit for Csound 7

Date2024-07-15 02:32
Fromrasmus ekman
Subject[Csnd-dev] Update to squinewave, submit for Csound 7
Attachmentssquinewave.c  
Hi,

There have been some useful updates to the squinewave opcode, mostly prompted by feedback from Supercollider users:

- "Through-zero" FM, waveform runs "backwards" on negative frequency (much better than freezing negative freq to zero)
- Snappier hardsync
- Fractional minimal bend values (very minor improvement when using several instances in unison)

I'm hoping to see the code updated for Csound 7.
This could change some corner-case orcs, but the old behaviors are more like anti-features.

Please advise how to submit, or can I just dump the code on somebody with commit rights? :)

File attached, this is updated to hopefully work with the current develop branch (as of today).

I haven't built the new dev branch, just tested functionality in an old Cs 6 project, then applied the changes made for Csound 7
(a couple checkins 3-4 months ago affecting the OENTRY part and some macros)

Regards,

/rasmus

Date2024-07-15 04:01
From"Dr. Richard Boulanger"
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Update to squinewave, submit for Csound 7
Can't wait to explore this!
Dr. Richard Boulanger
Professor
Electronic Production and Design
Berklee College of Music

On Jul 14, 2024, at 9:32 PM, rasmus ekman <re@abc.se> wrote:

Hi,

There have been some useful updates to the squinewave opcode, mostly prompted by feedback from Supercollider users:

- "Through-zero" FM, waveform runs "backwards" on negative frequency (much better than freezing negative freq to zero)
- Snappier hardsync
- Fractional minimal bend values (very minor improvement when using several instances in unison)

This could change some corner-case orcs, but the old behaviors are more like anti-features.

Please advise how to submit, or can I just dump the code on somebody with commit rights? :)

File attached, this is updated to hopefully work with the current develop branch (as of today).

I haven't built the new dev branch, just tested functionality in an old Cs 6 project, then applied the changes made for Csound 7

Regards,

/rasmus

<squinewave.c>

Date2024-07-15 10:11
Fromvlz
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Update to squinewave, submit for Csound 7
Attachmentsgithub-logo.png  
A github PR is the simplest way to send your proposed changes.

Prof. Victor Lazzarini
Maynooth University
Ireland

On 15 Jul 2024, at 02:32, rasmus ekman <re@abc.se> wrote:

Hi,

- Snappier hardsync

Regards,

/rasmus

<squinewave.c>