[Csnd-dev] Building on Linux/rpi

Date2024-06-11 15:32
FromDave Seidel
Subject[Csnd-dev] Building on Linux/rpi
I'm attempting my first v7/develop build on a Raspberry Pi (where I've been building v6 for several years.

When I start with a clean "build" subdirectory and execute "cmake ..", I get the two following errors (really the same error):

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:1416 (add_library):
  Target "csound64-static" links to target "Intl::Intl" but the target was
  not found.  Perhaps a find_package() call is missing for an IMPORTED
  target, or an ALIAS target is missing?

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:1198 (add_library):
  Target "csound64" links to target "Intl::Intl" but the target was not
  found.  Perhaps a find_package() call is missing for an IMPORTED target, or
  an ALIAS target is missing?

I re-ran "sudo apt-get build-dep csound" but didn;t get anything new, and my system is up to date. I see that BUILD.md hasn't changed in two years. Does it need to be updated?

- Dave

Date2024-06-11 15:37
FromDave Seidel
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Building on Linux/rpi
It did however create a Makefile, and I ran it. It ended thus:

[ 81%] Linking CXX shared library libcsound64.so
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lIntl::Intl
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/csound64.dir/build.make:4023: libcsound64.so.7.0] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:538: CMakeFiles/csound64.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:163: all] Error 2

On Tue, Jun 11, 2024 at 10:32 AM Dave Seidel <dave.seidel@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Date2024-06-11 16:23
Fromvlz
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Building on Linux/rpi
Do you have the same problem with the csound6 branch?

> On 11 Jun 2024, at 15:32, Dave Seidel  wrote:
>

> I'm attempting my first v7/develop build on a Raspberry Pi (where I've been building v6 for several years.
>
> When I start with a clean "build" subdirectory and execute "cmake ..", I get the two following errors (really the same error):
>
> CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:1416 (add_library):
>   Target "csound64-static" links to target "Intl::Intl" but the target was
>   not found.  Perhaps a find_package() call is missing for an IMPORTED
>   target, or an ALIAS target is missing?
>

> CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:1198 (add_library):
>   Target "csound64" links to target "Intl::Intl" but the target was not
>   found.  Perhaps a find_package() call is missing for an IMPORTED target, or
>   an ALIAS target is missing?
>
> I re-ran "sudo apt-get build-dep csound" but didn;t get anything new, and my system is up to date. I see that BUILD.md hasn't changed in two years. Does it need to be updated?
>
> - Dave

Date2024-06-11 16:25
Fromvlz
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Building on Linux/rpi
I think you should try -DUSE_GETTEXT=0

some changes to CMakeLists.txt might have caused that to be an issue. Can you open a ticket?

On 11 Jun 2024, at 15:38, Dave Seidel <dave.seidel@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Date2024-06-11 16:46
FromDave Seidel
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Building on Linux/rpi
Yes, adding that option to the cmake command line worked, and it was built. I'll enter a ticket.

Another issue came up, will start a new thread for that.

On Tue, Jun 11, 2024 at 11:25 AM vlz <viclazzarini@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Date2024-06-11 16:53

On Tue, Jun 11, 2024 at 11:46 AM Dave Seidel <dave.seidel@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Date2024-06-11 16:55
FromVictor Lazzarini <000010b17ddd988e-dmarc-request@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE>
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] [EXTERNAL] Re: [Csnd-dev] Building on Linux/rpi
Thanks!

On 11 Jun 2024, at 16:53, Dave Seidel <dave.seidel@gmail.com> wrote:

*Warning*

This email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.