[Csnd-dev] What does OENTRY .thread do?

Date2024-05-20 05:41
Fromandy fillebrown
Subject[Csnd-dev] What does OENTRY .thread do?
Hey all,

When I'm creating new opcodes, what does the OENTRY .thread member do? Does it do anything, or is it some legacy member that is unused now?

I don't see it being used in the Csound source, and it doesn't seem to make a difference whether I set it to 1, 2, 3, or leave it unset, so I'm thinking it's unused. Am I missing something?

~ Andy Fillebrown

Date2024-05-20 06:41
Fromvlz
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] What does OENTRY .thread do?
It was used to control when the opcode would run (init, k-rate, a-rate), but it became obsolete and we have removed it now.

> On 20 May 2024, at 05:41, andy fillebrown  wrote:
>

> Hey all,
>
> When I'm creating new opcodes, what does the OENTRY .thread member do? Does it do anything, or is it some legacy member that is unused now?
>
> I don't see it being used in the Csound source, and it doesn't seem to make a difference whether I set it to 1, 2, 3, or leave it unset, so I'm thinking it's unused. Am I missing something?
>
> ~ Andy Fillebrown

Date2024-05-20 15:11
Fromandy fillebrown
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] What does OENTRY .thread do?
Ok, thanks for confirming.