Re: [Csnd-dev] setting up development environment

Date2024-05-18 17:35
FromScott Sitar
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] setting up development environment
Hi Victor,

Thanks for your quick response!

Yes, I now see I was being a bit of a muppet.  After posting my original message it dawned on me that I could check the github builds against the develop branch to see what was running.  I was running the "make tests" and "make regression" targets, but it looks like the builds do a "make tests" and "make csdtests".  When I run the latter now I only see the single failure locally, like you mentioned.

So, I think I'm all set for basic development now.  I've got a build with portaudio and portmidi together with the audiounit stuff from my mac, and the tests are behaving the same as on the github builds.  Maybe to start playing around I might look at github issue 1697 (k() behaving differently in version 6 and 7).  I'm able to build and run tests for both the main and develop branches, so the side-by-side comparison should be fun!

Thanks again for your help,
Scott

Date2024-05-18 17:43
Fromvlz
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] setting up development environment
That sounds like a great place to start. We’re here to support, just ask way if you have any queries.