Csound Csound-dev Csound-tekno Search About

[Csnd-dev] setting up development environment

Date2024-05-18 07:40
FromScott Sitar
Subject[Csnd-dev] setting up development environment
Hello,

I'm interested in starting to make contributions to csound, having been a user of the program for a few years now.  I've successfully setup a local development environment (MacOS 14.4.1, intel cpu) where I can do builds and run the c and regression tests against the develop branch - I'm still learning about the soak tests.  While thinking of what a good, small first contribution could be, I noticed that a few of the regression tests seemed to be failing for me, and was wondering whether this is something particular to my environment, or whether they are legitimate failures.  Specifically, I'm seeing these regression tests fail for me:

- Test 7 (bugl.csd): return code 4
- Test 25 (buglosc.csd): return code 1
- Test 29 (bugg.csd): spun for 3 minutes at 100% cpu before I terminated it - it seems from reading the test that it should only take 30 seconds?
- Test 34 (bugsice.csd): return code 1

If these are expected to pass, I'm happy to keep working on my environment to get it fixed up.  If not, I'm happy to look into test failures or any other small bugs that people think would be a good introduction to the development process/codebase.  Thanks for your input!

Best,
Scott