[Csnd-dev] build manual / python version

Subject[Csnd-dev] build manual / python version
hi -

after a while, i wanted to build the manual locally.  there is still
python2 in the makefile:

	python csd2docbook.py

should this be changed, or how can i proceed?

cheers -

FromFrancois PINOT
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] build manual / python version
I think you have an ancient version of it. Did you try to pull from github ?

Regards

François

Le ven. 27 août 2021 à 12:22, joachim heintz <jh@joachimheintz.de> a écrit :
hi -

after a while, i wanted to build the manual locally.  there is still
python2 in the makefile:

        python csd2docbook.py

should this be changed, or how can i proceed?

cheers -

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] build manual / python version
yes i did.  and here i find the same (in line 700):
https://github.com/csound/manual/blob/master/Makefile

thanks -
	joachim

On 27/08/2021 16:03, Francois PINOT wrote:
> I think you have an ancient version of it. Did you try to pull from github ?
>
> Regards
>
> François
>
> Le ven. 27 août 2021 à 12:22, joachim heintz  > a écrit :
>
>     hi -
>
>     after a while, i wanted to build the manual locally.  there is still
>     python2 in the makefile:
>
>              python csd2docbook.py
>
>     should this be changed, or how can i proceed?
>
>     cheers -
>              joachim

Date2021-08-27 17:55
FromFrancois PINOT
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] build manual / python version
python is not python2. It depends on which version of Python is active on your system. On my system, when i run the python command I get this:

Python 3.8.10 (default, Jun  2 2021, 10:49:15)
[GCC 9.4.0] on linux

For example on recent versions of Ubuntu (>= 20.04) you can install a package called python-is-python3 which sets a symlink of the python command to python3.

François

Le ven. 27 août 2021 à 18:19, joachim heintz <jh@joachimheintz.de> a écrit :
yes i did.  and here i find the same (in line 700):
https://github.com/csound/manual/blob/master/Makefile

thanks -
        joachim

On 27/08/2021 16:03, Francois PINOT wrote:
> I think you have an ancient version of it. Did you try to pull from github ?
>
> Regards
>
> François
>
> Le ven. 27 août 2021 à 12:22, joachim heintz <jh@joachimheintz.de
> <mailto:jh@joachimheintz.de>> a écrit :
>
>     hi -
>
>     after a while, i wanted to build the manual locally.  there is still
>     python2 in the makefile:
>
>              python csd2docbook.py
>
>     should this be changed, or how can i proceed?
>
>     cheers -
>              joachim

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] build manual / python version
ah ok that was what i did not know.  i am still used to type python3 if
i don't mean python2 ...
cheers -
	joachim