[Csnd] WIP: CV Tools for Csound

Date2020-11-29 19:37
FromDave Seidel
Subject[Csnd] WIP: CV Tools for Csound
Hi all,

I have just obtained an Expert Sleepers ES-8 Eurorack module, which is a DC-coupled audio interface that provides multiple input/output channels, and can handle DC signals (i.e., control voltage) as well as audio.

I've already incorporated this into the piece I'm working on, and in doing so, I started writing a set of UDOs to make it more convenient to send CV signals using Csound. So far, it includes functions for triggers, gates, ramps, and AR envelopes, and I hope to add more as I get further into it.

Please note that this is new code, very much a work in progress, but I want to share it right away in case it may be useful for someone else, and to elicit feedback. Also note that this is tested only with the ES-8, but hopefully will be useful, or at least adaptable, with other DC-coupled audio interfaces.

I'm very excited to have this new capability. It has opened up many new possibilities. It's very liberating to be able to link my Raspberry Pi 4 running realtime Csound directly to a modular synth system, and to be able to emit both audio and control signals that are completely under my control.

Here's the link:

Your comments and suggestions are very welcome.

- Dave

-----

From"Jeanette C."
SubjectRe: [Csnd] WIP: CV Tools for Csound
Hello Dave,
thanks a lot. This was of great interest to me. I don't have a DC-coupled
interface, neither can I afford one in the near future, but I am still working
on something that should include facilities to interact with external modular
gear.

I already have one question: how did you arrive at the valume of .5 for a
positive voltage (i.e. impulse or gate)? Is this more or less arbitrary within
an allowed range? Or is it actually recommended?

Best wishes and many thanks again for sharing,

Jeanette

Nov 29 2020, Dave Seidel has written:

> Hi all,
>
> I have just obtained an Expert Sleepers ES-8 Eurorack module, which is a
> DC-coupled audio interface that provides multiple input/output channels,
> and can handle DC signals (i.e., control voltage) as well as audio.
>
> I've already incorporated this into the piece I'm working on, and in doing
> so, I started writing a set of UDOs to make it more convenient to send CV
> signals using Csound. So far, it includes functions for triggers, gates,
> ramps, and AR envelopes, and I hope to add more as I get further into it.
>
> Please note that this is new code, very much a work in progress, but I want
> to share it right away in case it may be useful for someone else, and to
> elicit feedback. Also note that this is tested only with the ES-8, but
> hopefully will be useful, or at least adaptable, with other DC-coupled
> audio interfaces.
>
> I'm very excited to have this new capability. It has opened up many new
> possibilities. It's very liberating to be able to link my Raspberry Pi 4
> running realtime Csound directly to a modular synth system, and to be able
> to emit both audio and control signals that are completely under my control.
>
> Here's the link:
> https://github.com/DaveSeidel/music-tools/tree/master/csound-cvtools
>
> Your comments and suggestions are very welcome.
>
> - Dave
>
> -----
>
> http://mysterybear.net
> https://mysterybear.bandcamp.com
> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo0--3uN5ycq_aupZXskBgA
> https://soundcloud.com/mysterybear
>
> http://recordings.irritablehedgehog.com/album/dave-seidel-60-hz

>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

Just call out my name, and I will be there... <3
(Britney Spears)

FromDave Seidel
SubjectRe: [Csnd] WIP: CV Tools for Csound
Hi Jeanette,

When I got the ES-8, the first thing I did was to send different signals to it, and then examined the output using an oscilloscope. I found that Csound's normal output range of 0-1 mapped to voltages of 0VDC to +10VDC from the ES-8 outputs. Looking closer, I found that an output unit of 0.1 from Csound is equivalent to 1 volt from the ES-8. This also extends into the negative range.

My recommendation of using 0.5, which becomes 5VDC, is based on typical Eurorack operation: most equipment expects (or produces) trigger and gate signals at or close to 5VDC. Higher voltages than that are appropriate for pitch voltages following the 1V per octave standard. But most non-pitch CV signals are either 0 to +5V (unipolar)  or -5V to +5V (bipolar). Of course, not all equipment is identical, and some use slightly different standards, but 5V is a pretty safe value.

I hope this answers your question.

- Dave

On Sun, Nov 29, 2020 at 3:33 PM Jeanette C. <julien@mail.upb.de> wrote:
Hello Dave,
thanks a lot. This was of great interest to me. I don't have a DC-coupled
interface, neither can I afford one in the near future, but I am still working
on something that should include facilities to interact with external modular
gear.

I already have one question: how did you arrive at the valume of .5 for a
positive voltage (i.e. impulse or gate)? Is this more or less arbitrary within
an allowed range? Or is it actually recommended?

Best wishes and many thanks again for sharing,

Jeanette

Nov 29 2020, Dave Seidel has written:

> Hi all,
>
> I have just obtained an Expert Sleepers ES-8 Eurorack module, which is a
> DC-coupled audio interface that provides multiple input/output channels,
> and can handle DC signals (i.e., control voltage) as well as audio.
>
> I've already incorporated this into the piece I'm working on, and in doing
> so, I started writing a set of UDOs to make it more convenient to send CV
> signals using Csound. So far, it includes functions for triggers, gates,
> ramps, and AR envelopes, and I hope to add more as I get further into it.
>
> Please note that this is new code, very much a work in progress, but I want
> to share it right away in case it may be useful for someone else, and to
> elicit feedback. Also note that this is tested only with the ES-8, but
> hopefully will be useful, or at least adaptable, with other DC-coupled
> audio interfaces.
>
> I'm very excited to have this new capability. It has opened up many new
> possibilities. It's very liberating to be able to link my Raspberry Pi 4
> running realtime Csound directly to a modular synth system, and to be able
> to emit both audio and control signals that are completely under my control.
>
> Here's the link:
> https://github.com/DaveSeidel/music-tools/tree/master/csound-cvtools
>
> Your comments and suggestions are very welcome.
>
> - Dave
>
> -----
>
> http://mysterybear.net
> https://mysterybear.bandcamp.com
> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo0--3uN5ycq_aupZXskBgA
> https://soundcloud.com/mysterybear
>
> http://recordings.irritablehedgehog.com/album/dave-seidel-60-hz

>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

Just call out my name, and I will be there... <3
(Britney Spears)

From"Jeanette C."
SubjectRe: [Csnd] WIP: CV Tools for Csound
thanks Dave! Yes, that answers all my questions, even those I haven't asked
yet.

Best wishes,

> [...]

>>> http://recordings.irritablehedgehog.com/album/dave-seidel-60-hz
>>>
>>> Csound mailing list
>>> Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
>>> Send bugs reports to
>>>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>>>

>> --
>>   * Website: http://juliencoder.de - for summer is a state of sound
>>   * Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMS4rfGrTwz8W7jhC1Jnv7g
>>   * Audiobombs: https://www.audiobombs.com/users/jeanette_c
>>   * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c
>>
>> Just call out my name, and I will be there... <3
>> (Britney Spears)
>>
>> Csound mailing list
>> Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
>> Send bugs reports to
>>         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

Just call out my name, and I will be there... <3

From"Dr. Richard Boulanger"
SubjectRe: [Csnd] WIP: CV Tools for Csound
Excited to make use of these CV tools Dave.
- I have the ES8 modules too!

-dB

Dr. Richard Boulanger

Professor of Electronic Production and Design

Berklee College of Music

Professional Writing and Technology Division

On Sun, Nov 29, 2020 at 2:38 PM Dave Seidel <dave.seidel@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

FromBrian R
SubjectRe: [Csnd] WIP: CV Tools for Csound
This is really cool stuff one could build a midi to cv box with a pi nano and csound running without a gui with these, very cool!

FromDave Seidel
SubjectRe: [Csnd] WIP: CV Tools for Csound
Lots of possibilities. In the piece I'm working on now, I send audio from Csound on a Pi into a modular system and then through a series of pedals. WIth the CV stuff, I'm also using Csound to emit an AR envelope to drive LPGs/VCAs in the modular, as well as a ramp signal going to the expression pedal input of a Red Panda Particle. It's working really well.

One thing I want to learn how to do now is to emit pitch voltages quantized to the microtonal tunings I'm using.

On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 12:53 PM Brian R <brianwredfern@gmail.com> wrote:
This is really cool stuff one could build a midi to cv box with a pi nano and csound running without a gui with these, very cool!

FromJason Hallen
SubjectRe: [Csnd] WIP: CV Tools for Csound
This has been a fascinating topic to follow.  Can't wait to hear some musical output from your system, Dave.

Jason

On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 12:00 PM Dave Seidel <dave.seidel@gmail.com> wrote:
Lots of possibilities. In the piece I'm working on now, I send audio from Csound on a Pi into a modular system and then through a series of pedals. WIth the CV stuff, I'm also using Csound to emit an AR envelope to drive LPGs/VCAs in the modular, as well as a ramp signal going to the expression pedal input of a Red Panda Particle. It's working really well.

One thing I want to learn how to do now is to emit pitch voltages quantized to the microtonal tunings I'm using.

On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 12:53 PM Brian R <brianwredfern@gmail.com> wrote:
This is really cool stuff one could build a midi to cv box with a pi nano and csound running without a gui with these, very cool!

FromDave Seidel
SubjectRe: [Csnd] WIP: CV Tools for Csound
Thanks, Jason, hoping to have something to post soon.

On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 1:11 PM Jason Hallen <hallenj@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd] WIP: CV Tools for Csound
Hi Dave,

could you check if there is any DC in the signal if you send a sine wave as CV out of Csound?

I am wondering if this would work for a controllable linear analogue FM patch. My two through-zero
oscillators here (Doepfer) seem to insert some sort of DC in the signal because I cannot avoid a
carrier drift as I change modulation amount. I wanted to experiment with analogue FM synthesis,
but they don’t do the job very well in a controllable way.

> On 30 Nov 2020, at 18:24, Dave Seidel  wrote:
>
> WARNINGThis email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.
> Thanks, Jason, hoping to have something to post soon.
>
> On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 1:11 PM Jason Hallen  wrote:
> This has been a fascinating topic to follow.  Can't wait to hear some musical output from your system, Dave.
>
> Jason
>
> On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 12:00 PM Dave Seidel  wrote:
> Lots of possibilities. In the piece I'm working on now, I send audio from Csound on a Pi into a modular system and then through a series of pedals. WIth the CV stuff, I'm also using Csound to emit an AR envelope to drive LPGs/VCAs in the modular, as well as a ramp signal going to the expression pedal input of a Red Panda Particle. It's working really well.
>
> One thing I want to learn how to do now is to emit pitch voltages quantized to the microtonal tunings I'm using.
>
> On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 12:53 PM Brian R  wrote:
> This is really cool stuff one could build a midi to cv box with a pi nano and csound running without a gui with these, very cool!

FromDave Seidel
SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd] WIP: CV Tools for Csound
Yes, I will try this soon (tonight if I can). I need to write some LFO UDOs anyway.

On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 3:12 PM Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
Hi Dave,

could you check if there is any DC in the signal if you send a sine wave as CV out of Csound?

I am wondering if this would work for a controllable linear analogue FM patch. My two through-zero
oscillators here (Doepfer) seem to insert some sort of DC in the signal because I cannot avoid a
carrier drift as I change modulation amount. I wanted to experiment with analogue FM synthesis,
but they don’t do the job very well in a controllable way.

> On 30 Nov 2020, at 18:24, Dave Seidel <dave.seidel@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> WARNINGThis email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.
> Thanks, Jason, hoping to have something to post soon.
>
> On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 1:11 PM Jason Hallen <hallenj@gmail.com> wrote:
> This has been a fascinating topic to follow.  Can't wait to hear some musical output from your system, Dave.
>
> Jason
>
> On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 12:00 PM Dave Seidel <dave.seidel@gmail.com> wrote:
> Lots of possibilities. In the piece I'm working on now, I send audio from Csound on a Pi into a modular system and then through a series of pedals. WIth the CV stuff, I'm also using Csound to emit an AR envelope to drive LPGs/VCAs in the modular, as well as a ramp signal going to the expression pedal input of a Red Panda Particle. It's working really well.
>
> One thing I want to learn how to do now is to emit pitch voltages quantized to the microtonal tunings I'm using.
>
> On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 12:53 PM Brian R <brianwredfern@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is really cool stuff one could build a midi to cv box with a pi nano and csound running without a gui with these, very cool!

SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd] WIP: CV Tools for Csound
Thanks!

> On 30 Nov 2020, at 20:24, Dave Seidel  wrote:
>
> Yes, I will try this soon (tonight if I can). I need to write some LFO UDOs anyway.
>
> On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 3:12 PM Victor Lazzarini  wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> could you check if there is any DC in the signal if you send a sine wave as CV out of Csound?
>
> I am wondering if this would work for a controllable linear analogue FM patch. My two through-zero
> oscillators here (Doepfer) seem to insert some sort of DC in the signal because I cannot avoid a
> carrier drift as I change modulation amount. I wanted to experiment with analogue FM synthesis,
> but they don’t do the job very well in a controllable way.
>
> ========================
>
> > On 30 Nov 2020, at 18:24, Dave Seidel  wrote:
> >
> > WARNINGThis email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.
> > Thanks, Jason, hoping to have something to post soon.
> >
> > On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 1:11 PM Jason Hallen  wrote:
> > This has been a fascinating topic to follow.  Can't wait to hear some musical output from your system, Dave.
> >
> > Jason
> >
> > On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 12:00 PM Dave Seidel  wrote:
> > Lots of possibilities. In the piece I'm working on now, I send audio from Csound on a Pi into a modular system and then through a series of pedals. WIth the CV stuff, I'm also using Csound to emit an AR envelope to drive LPGs/VCAs in the modular, as well as a ramp signal going to the expression pedal input of a Red Panda Particle. It's working really well.
> >
> > One thing I want to learn how to do now is to emit pitch voltages quantized to the microtonal tunings I'm using.
> >
> > On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 12:53 PM Brian R  wrote:
> > This is really cool stuff one could build a midi to cv box with a pi nano and csound running without a gui with these, very cool!

FromDave Seidel
SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd] WIP: CV Tools for Csound
Victor, I'm not sure that I'm understanding your question entirely, but I'll describe what I saw.

I used

    outch(1, lfo:a(0.5, 0.25, 0))

and I got a beautiful bipolar sine wave CV signal from the ES-8, as I'd hoped.

On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 3:12 PM Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
Hi Dave,

could you check if there is any DC in the signal if you send a sine wave as CV out of Csound?

I am wondering if this would work for a controllable linear analogue FM patch. My two through-zero
oscillators here (Doepfer) seem to insert some sort of DC in the signal because I cannot avoid a
carrier drift as I change modulation amount. I wanted to experiment with analogue FM synthesis,
but they don’t do the job very well in a controllable way.

> On 30 Nov 2020, at 18:24, Dave Seidel <dave.seidel@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> WARNINGThis email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.
> Thanks, Jason, hoping to have something to post soon.
>
> On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 1:11 PM Jason Hallen <hallenj@gmail.com> wrote:
> This has been a fascinating topic to follow.  Can't wait to hear some musical output from your system, Dave.
>
> Jason
>
> On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 12:00 PM Dave Seidel <dave.seidel@gmail.com> wrote:
> Lots of possibilities. In the piece I'm working on now, I send audio from Csound on a Pi into a modular system and then through a series of pedals. WIth the CV stuff, I'm also using Csound to emit an AR envelope to drive LPGs/VCAs in the modular, as well as a ramp signal going to the expression pedal input of a Red Panda Particle. It's working really well.
>
> One thing I want to learn how to do now is to emit pitch voltages quantized to the microtonal tunings I'm using.
>
> On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 12:53 PM Brian R <brianwredfern@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is really cool stuff one could build a midi to cv box with a pi nano and csound running without a gui with these, very cool!

SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd] WIP: CV Tools for Csound
Perfect, thanks!

On Dec 1, 2020, at 3:21 AM, Dave Seidel <dave.seidel@gmail.com> wrote:

Victor, I'm not sure that I'm understanding your question entirely, but I'll describe what I saw.

I used

    outch(1, lfo:a(0.5, 0.25, 0))

and I got a beautiful bipolar sine wave CV signal from the ES-8, as I'd hoped.

On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 3:12 PM Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
Hi Dave,

could you check if there is any DC in the signal if you send a sine wave as CV out of Csound?

I am wondering if this would work for a controllable linear analogue FM patch. My two through-zero
oscillators here (Doepfer) seem to insert some sort of DC in the signal because I cannot avoid a
carrier drift as I change modulation amount. I wanted to experiment with analogue FM synthesis,
but they don’t do the job very well in a controllable way.

> On 30 Nov 2020, at 18:24, Dave Seidel <dave.seidel@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> WARNINGThis email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.
> Thanks, Jason, hoping to have something to post soon.
>
> On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 1:11 PM Jason Hallen <hallenj@gmail.com> wrote:
> This has been a fascinating topic to follow.  Can't wait to hear some musical output from your system, Dave.
>
> Jason
>
> On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 12:00 PM Dave Seidel <dave.seidel@gmail.com> wrote:
> Lots of possibilities. In the piece I'm working on now, I send audio from Csound on a Pi into a modular system and then through a series of pedals. WIth the CV stuff, I'm also using Csound to emit an AR envelope to drive LPGs/VCAs in the modular, as well as a ramp signal going to the expression pedal input of a Red Panda Particle. It's working really well.
>
> One thing I want to learn how to do now is to emit pitch voltages quantized to the microtonal tunings I'm using.
>
> On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 12:53 PM Brian R <brianwredfern@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is really cool stuff one could build a midi to cv box with a pi nano and csound running without a gui with these, very cool!

FromDave Seidel
SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd] WIP: CV Tools for Csound
I have updated the CV Tools code with several additional opcodes. The set now includes functions to produce gates, triggers, ramps, simple AR and ASR envelopes, and simple LFOs.

As always, comments, corrections and suggestions are welcome.

- Dave

- Dave

On Tue, Dec 1, 2020 at 1:45 AM Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
Perfect, thanks!

On Dec 1, 2020, at 3:21 AM, Dave Seidel <dave.seidel@gmail.com> wrote:

Victor, I'm not sure that I'm understanding your question entirely, but I'll describe what I saw.

I used

    outch(1, lfo:a(0.5, 0.25, 0))

and I got a beautiful bipolar sine wave CV signal from the ES-8, as I'd hoped.

On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 3:12 PM Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
Hi Dave,

could you check if there is any DC in the signal if you send a sine wave as CV out of Csound?

I am wondering if this would work for a controllable linear analogue FM patch. My two through-zero
oscillators here (Doepfer) seem to insert some sort of DC in the signal because I cannot avoid a
carrier drift as I change modulation amount. I wanted to experiment with analogue FM synthesis,
but they don’t do the job very well in a controllable way.

> On 30 Nov 2020, at 18:24, Dave Seidel <dave.seidel@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> WARNINGThis email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.
> Thanks, Jason, hoping to have something to post soon.
>
> On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 1:11 PM Jason Hallen <hallenj@gmail.com> wrote:
> This has been a fascinating topic to follow.  Can't wait to hear some musical output from your system, Dave.
>
> Jason
>
> On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 12:00 PM Dave Seidel <dave.seidel@gmail.com> wrote:
> Lots of possibilities. In the piece I'm working on now, I send audio from Csound on a Pi into a modular system and then through a series of pedals. WIth the CV stuff, I'm also using Csound to emit an AR envelope to drive LPGs/VCAs in the modular, as well as a ramp signal going to the expression pedal input of a Red Panda Particle. It's working really well.
>
> One thing I want to learn how to do now is to emit pitch voltages quantized to the microtonal tunings I'm using.
>
> On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 12:53 PM Brian R <brianwredfern@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is really cool stuff one could build a midi to cv box with a pi nano and csound running without a gui with these, very cool!

FromDave Seidel
SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd] WIP: CV Tools for Csound
Attachmentscvt-demo.png
Here's a screenshot of the soundfile produced by running the little demo program for CV Tools, so you can see the shapes of the signals.

cvt-demo.png

On Tue, Dec 1, 2020 at 4:36 PM Dave Seidel <dave.seidel@gmail.com> wrote:
I have updated the CV Tools code with several additional opcodes. The set now includes functions to produce gates, triggers, ramps, simple AR and ASR envelopes, and simple LFOs.

As always, comments, corrections and suggestions are welcome.

- Dave

- Dave

On Tue, Dec 1, 2020 at 1:45 AM Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
Perfect, thanks!

On Dec 1, 2020, at 3:21 AM, Dave Seidel <dave.seidel@gmail.com> wrote:

Victor, I'm not sure that I'm understanding your question entirely, but I'll describe what I saw.

I used

    outch(1, lfo:a(0.5, 0.25, 0))

and I got a beautiful bipolar sine wave CV signal from the ES-8, as I'd hoped.

On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 3:12 PM Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
Hi Dave,

could you check if there is any DC in the signal if you send a sine wave as CV out of Csound?

I am wondering if this would work for a controllable linear analogue FM patch. My two through-zero
oscillators here (Doepfer) seem to insert some sort of DC in the signal because I cannot avoid a
carrier drift as I change modulation amount. I wanted to experiment with analogue FM synthesis,
but they don’t do the job very well in a controllable way.

> On 30 Nov 2020, at 18:24, Dave Seidel <dave.seidel@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> WARNINGThis email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.
> Thanks, Jason, hoping to have something to post soon.
>
> On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 1:11 PM Jason Hallen <hallenj@gmail.com> wrote:
> This has been a fascinating topic to follow.  Can't wait to hear some musical output from your system, Dave.
>
> Jason
>
> On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 12:00 PM Dave Seidel <dave.seidel@gmail.com> wrote:
> Lots of possibilities. In the piece I'm working on now, I send audio from Csound on a Pi into a modular system and then through a series of pedals. WIth the CV stuff, I'm also using Csound to emit an AR envelope to drive LPGs/VCAs in the modular, as well as a ramp signal going to the expression pedal input of a Red Panda Particle. It's working really well.
>
> One thing I want to learn how to do now is to emit pitch voltages quantized to the microtonal tunings I'm using.
>
> On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 12:53 PM Brian R <brianwredfern@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is really cool stuff one could build a midi to cv box with a pi nano and csound running without a gui with these, very cool!

FromTetsuya Miwa
SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd] WIP: CV Tools for Csound
Hello Dave,

Thank you for sharing the CV Tools code. This is very promising tools for modular synth.
I have ordered Expert Sleepers ES-9 at the local dealer but it is out of stock. I hope I can get it soon!

Tetsuya Miwa

> [...]
>> >
>> > One thing I want to learn how to do now is to emit pitch voltages quantized to the microtonal tunings I'm using.
>> >
>> > On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 12:53 PM Brian R  wrote:
>> > This is really cool stuff one could build a midi to cv box with a pi nano and csound running without a gui with these, very cool!
>>

>> Csound mailing list
>> Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
>> Send bugs reports to
>>         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>> Csound mailing list Csound@listserv.heanet.ie https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

FromDave Seidel
SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd] WIP: CV Tools for Csound
I hope so too, Tetsuya! Thank you.

On Wed, Dec 2, 2020 at 10:01 AM Tetsuya Miwa <izc07036@nifty.com> wrote:
> [...]

>> > One thing I want to learn how to do now is to emit pitch voltages quantized to the microtonal tunings I'm using.
>> >
>> > On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 12:53 PM Brian R <brianwredfern@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > This is really cool stuff one could build a midi to cv box with a pi nano and csound running without a gui with these, very cool!
>>

>> Csound mailing list
>> Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
>> Send bugs reports to
>>         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>> Csound mailing list Csound@listserv.heanet.ie https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

FromDave Seidel
SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd] WIP: CV Tools for Csound
Latest update: added ramps and envelopes with exponential slopes (in addition to the existing linea ones).

cvt-demo.png