[Csnd] trying to compile Csound 6.14 on Linux Mint

Date2020-06-29 18:18
From"Richard (Zappfinger) van Bemmelen"
Subject[Csnd] trying to compile Csound 6.14 on Linux Mint
I am following the instructions for this, but the first step, editing sources.list goes wrong.
My sources.list only contains one line, saying it was installed from a CD...
What next?

Richard

FromPete Goodeve
SubjectRe: [Csnd] trying to compile Csound 6.14 on Linux Mint
AttachmentsNone

Date2020-06-29 20:04
FromRichard van Bemmelen
SubjectRe: [Csnd] trying to compile Csound 6.14 on Linux Mint
Thanks, I tried that, but when doing sudo apt-get update I got the following error:

W: GPG error: http://apt.gka.thinkglobally.org stretch InRelease: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 6669378035F4918C
E: The repository 'http://apt.gka.thinkglobally.org stretch InRelease' is not signed.
N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.

did you get that too?
Richard

Op ma 29 jun. 2020 om 20:02 schreef Pete Goodeve <pete.goodeve@computer.org>:
On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 06:18:20PM +0100, Richard (Zappfinger) van Bemmelen wrote:
> I am following the instructions for this, but the first step, editing sources.list goes wrong.
> My sources.list only contains one line, saying it was installed from a CD...
> What next?

Not a definitive answer, but I was able to build Csound 6.14 on Mint
a few months back, and my sources.list has -- after the header comment:

deb http://apt.gka.thinkglobally.org/ stretch main
deb-src http://apt.gka.thinkglobally.org/ stretch main

'stretch' I guess being the Debian equivalent of my Mint 'Sonya'.
I don't remember, but it looks from the date as if I did edit the file,
probably to add that second line.

        -- Pete --

FromPete Goodeve
SubjectRe: [Csnd] trying to compile Csound 6.14 on Linux Mint
AttachmentsNone

SubjectRe: [Csnd] trying to compile Csound 6.14 on Linux Mint
perhaps worth to try this:
gpg --keyserver keyring.debian.org --recv-keys 6669378035F4918C

On 29/06/2020 21:29, Pete Goodeve wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 09:04:34PM +0200, Richard van Bemmelen wrote:
>> Thanks, I tried that, but when doing sudo apt-get update I got the
>> following error:
>>
>> W: GPG error: http://apt.gka.thinkglobally.org stretch InRelease: The
>> following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not
>> available: NO_PUBKEY 6669378035F4918C
>> E: The repository 'http://apt.gka.thinkglobally.org stretch InRelease' is
>> not signed.
>> N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore
>> disabled by default.
>> N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration
>> details.
>>
>> did you get that too?
>> Richard
>
> I don't remember any such problem, I'm afraid.  As the haze on my memory
> lifts slightly, I think I started building 6.12 around March last year,
> which is when the file was apparently edited.
>
> That apt-secure man page has quite a lot of information, but it doesn't
> leave me much the wiser on first reading! (:-/) I wonder if I have a
> different security setting somewhere, or something?
>
> Sorry I can't be of more help.  I think there's a Mint forum somewhere,
> which might give clues?
>
> 	-- Pete --
>

>> Op ma 29 jun. 2020 om 20:02 schreef Pete Goodeve >> :

>>> sources.list goes wrong.
>>> CD...
>>>>
>>> Not a definitive answer, but I was able to build Csound 6.14 on Mint
>>> a few months back, and my sources.list has -- after the header comment:
>>>
>>> deb http://apt.gka.thinkglobally.org/ stretch main
>>> deb-src http://apt.gka.thinkglobally.org/ stretch main
>>>
>>> 'stretch' I guess being the Debian equivalent of my Mint 'Sonya'.
>>> I don't remember, but it looks from the date as if I did edit the file,
>>> probably to add that second line.
>>>
>>>          -- Pete --

>          https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

FromRichard van Bemmelen
SubjectRe: [Csnd] trying to compile Csound 6.14 on Linux Mint
Hmm, that gives me:
gpg: keybox '/home/richard/.gnupg/pubring.kbx' created
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
gpg: Total number processed: 0

Op ma 29 jun. 2020 om 21:37 schreef joachim heintz <jh@joachimheintz.de>:
perhaps worth to try this:
gpg --keyserver keyring.debian.org --recv-keys 6669378035F4918C

On 29/06/2020 21:29, Pete Goodeve wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 09:04:34PM +0200, Richard van Bemmelen wrote:
>> Thanks, I tried that, but when doing sudo apt-get update I got the
>> following error:
>>
>> W: GPG error: http://apt.gka.thinkglobally.org stretch InRelease: The
>> following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not
>> available: NO_PUBKEY 6669378035F4918C
>> E: The repository 'http://apt.gka.thinkglobally.org stretch InRelease' is
>> not signed.
>> N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore
>> disabled by default.
>> N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration
>> details.
>>
>> did you get that too?
>> Richard
>
> I don't remember any such problem, I'm afraid.  As the haze on my memory
> lifts slightly, I think I started building 6.12 around March last year,
> which is when the file was apparently edited.
>
> That apt-secure man page has quite a lot of information, but it doesn't
> leave me much the wiser on first reading! (:-/) I wonder if I have a
> different security setting somewhere, or something?
>
> Sorry I can't be of more help.  I think there's a Mint forum somewhere,
> which might give clues?
>
>       -- Pete --
>

>> Op ma 29 jun. 2020 om 20:02 schreef Pete Goodeve <pete.goodeve@computer.org
>>> :

>>> sources.list goes wrong.
>>> CD...
>>>>
>>> Not a definitive answer, but I was able to build Csound 6.14 on Mint
>>> a few months back, and my sources.list has -- after the header comment:
>>>
>>> deb http://apt.gka.thinkglobally.org/ stretch main
>>> deb-src http://apt.gka.thinkglobally.org/ stretch main
>>>
>>> 'stretch' I guess being the Debian equivalent of my Mint 'Sonya'.
>>> I don't remember, but it looks from the date as if I did edit the file,
>>> probably to add that second line.
>>>
>>>          -- Pete --

>          https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

FromPete Goodeve
SubjectRe: [Csnd] trying to compile Csound 6.14 on Linux Mint
AttachmentsNone

Date2020-06-29 21:08
FromRichard van Bemmelen
SubjectRe: [Csnd] trying to compile Csound 6.14 on Linux Mint
Yes, I have this file, but it is binary, can't make sense of it....

Op ma 29 jun. 2020 om 22:00 schreef Pete Goodeve <pete.goodeve@computer.org>:
On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 09:37:37PM +0200, joachim heintz wrote:
> perhaps worth to try this:
> gpg --keyserver keyring.debian.org --recv-keys 6669378035F4918C

That sounds plausible...(if a bit cryptic!)  I was just goind
to remark that I see a 'trusted.gpg' in my /etc/apt directory.
It has a later date than other files so it must have been updated
at some point.  Do you have such a file, Richard?

        -- Pete --

FromPete Goodeve
SubjectRe: [Csnd] trying to compile Csound 6.14 on Linux Mint
AttachmentsNone

Date2020-06-29 21:46
FromJustin Smith
SubjectRe: [Csnd] trying to compile Csound 6.14 on Linux Mint
apt-key is the tool used to add to the OS package trust store

https://askubuntu.com/questions/291035/how-to-add-a-gpg-key-to-the-apt-sources-keyring

the installer process usually defines online repos as part of the
initial install of a debian based system, and there's likely a wizard
or tool for wrapping up parts of the installation or re-running needed
tasks