[Csnd] This error?

Date2019-11-30 19:48
From"Jair-Rohm Parker Wells (GlaThoCom)"
Subject[Csnd] This error?
Hi,

I’ve been getting this error when trying to run some of the McCurdy real-time examples on my MacBook running Sound 6 under OS 10.15.1:

<start>||PaMacCore (AUHAL)|| Failed to open AUHAL component.||PaMacCore (AUHAL)|| Error on line 887: err='-50', msg=Unknown Error</end>

Any idea what this is and how to get over it?

Thanks,

Jair-Rohm

________________________________
Jair-Rohm Parker Wells (GlaThoCom)
Check me out at: http://jairrohm.com

SubjectRe: [Csnd] This error?
hi jair-rohm -

which frontend do you use? are you running csound from terminal, or from
cabbage, blue, csoundqt?

if you use CsoundQt: go to Configuration > Run > RT Audio Module.
instead of "Auhal" (or whatever it is called) try "portaudio (blocking)"
or "portaudio (callback)".

hope this helps, best -

	joachim