From: A discussion list for users of Csound <CSOUND@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE> on behalf of Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@MU.IE>
Reply to: A discussion list for users of Csound <CSOUND@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE>
Date: Thursday, 18 June 2020 at 09:32
To: "CSOUND@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE" <CSOUND@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE>
Subject: Re: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] Re: [Csnd] code share: formant warp

did you try it to see the result?

On 18 Jun 2020, at 05:58, Dr. Richard Boulanger <rboulanger@berklee.edu> wrote:

*Warning*

This email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.

Victor,

Thanks for sharing - very nice.  very clean.  very useful.

Thanks for reminding me/us about schedule too!

-R

Dr. Richard Boulanger

Professor of Electronic Production and Design

Professional Writing and Technology Division

Berklee College of Music

On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 11:53 AM Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:

Here’s a very small instrument that transforms a vocal sound. I have looked for
the right combination of processes and parameters and finally it seems to do
what I was attempting. I’ll share here in case it is any use to you

 instr 1
 isiz = 2048
 as = diskin2:a("fox.wav",1,0,1)
 fs1 = pvsanal(dcblock2(as),isiz,isiz/8,isiz,1)
 fs2 = pvscale(pvswarp(fs1,0.6,0),2)
 a2 pvsynth fs2
 outs a2
endin
schedule(1,0,20)

best

From"Dr. Richard Boulanger"
SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] Re: [Csnd] code share: formant warp
Sane problem... can't find fox.wav

Dr. Richard Boulanger
Professor
Electronic Production and Design
Berklee College of Music

On Jun 18, 2020, at 8:58 AM, Andreas Bergsland <andreas.bergsland@ntnu.no> wrote:

Cool! I have usually applied praat’s PSOLA-algorithm to do such gender/age-warps, but nice that also Csound can do similar things with a decent result.

Best, andreas

From: A discussion list for users of Csound <CSOUND@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE> on behalf of Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@MU.IE>
Reply to: A discussion list for users of Csound <CSOUND@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE>
Date: Thursday, 18 June 2020 at 09:32
To: "CSOUND@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE" <CSOUND@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE>

[...]

FromAndreas Bergsland
SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] Re: [Csnd] code share: formant warp

Just one question about the code: Why does one have to use :a when calling diskin2 with functional syntax?

as = diskin2:a("fox.wav",1,0,1)

diskin2("fox.wav",1,0,1) gives an error. I thought you only needed to define the rate explicitly when there is more than rate option for the output?

Best,

Andreas

From: A discussion list for users of Csound <CSOUND@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE> on behalf of Andreas Bergsland <andreas.bergsland@NTNU.NO>
Reply to: A discussion list for users of Csound <CSOUND@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE>
Date: Thursday, 18 June 2020 at 14:59
To: "CSOUND@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE" <CSOUND@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE>

From: A discussion list for users of Csound <CSOUND@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE> on behalf of Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@MU.IE>
Reply to: A discussion list for users of Csound <CSOUND@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE>
Date: Thursday, 18 June 2020 at 09:32
To: "CSOUND@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE" <CSOUND@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE>

[...]

That’s because the default for diskin is an array output

 as[] = diskin2("fox.wav",1,0,1)

 which is in fact handier as it does not need to distinguish between stereo and mono.

> On 18 Jun 2020, at 14:51, Andreas Bergsland  wrote:
>
> Just one question about the code: Why does one have to use :a when calling diskin2 with functional syntax?
> as = diskin2:a("fox.wav",1,0,1)
> diskin2("fox.wav",1,0,1) gives an error. I thought you only needed to define the rate explicitly when there is more than rate option for the output?
> Best,
> Andreas
>

> From: A discussion list for users of Csound  on behalf of Andreas Bergsland
> Reply to: A discussion list for users of Csound
> Date: Thursday, 18 June 2020 at 14:59
> To: "CSOUND@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE"
> Subject: Re: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] Re: [Csnd] code share: formant warp
>
> Cool! I have usually applied praat’s PSOLA-algorithm to do such gender/age-warps, but nice that also Csound can do similar things with a decent result.
> Best, andreas
>
> From: A discussion list for users of Csound  on behalf of Victor Lazzarini
> Reply to: A discussion list for users of Csound
> Date: Thursday, 18 June 2020 at 09:32
> To: "CSOUND@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE"
> Subject: Re: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] Re: [Csnd] code share: formant warp
>
> did you try it to see the result?

> On 18 Jun 2020, at 05:58, Dr. Richard Boulanger  wrote:
>
> *WARNING*
> This email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.
> Victor,
> Thanks for sharing - very nice.  very clean.  very useful.
> Thanks for reminding me/us about schedule too!
> -R
> Dr. Richard Boulanger
> Professor of Electronic Production and Design
> Professional Writing and Technology Division
> Berklee College of Music
>

> On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 11:53 AM Victor Lazzarini  wrote:
> Here’s a very small instrument that transforms a vocal sound. I have looked for
> the right combination of processes and parameters and finally it seems to do
> what I was attempting. I’ll share here in case it is any use to you
>
>  instr 1
>  isiz = 2048
>  as = diskin2:a("fox.wav",1,0,1)
>  fs1 = pvsanal(dcblock2(as),isiz,isiz/8,isiz,1)
>  fs2 = pvscale(pvswarp(fs1,0.6,0),2)
>  a2 pvsynth fs2
>  outs a2
> endin
> schedule(1,0,20)
>
> best

FromAndreas Bergsland
SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] Re: [Csnd] code share: formant warp
Ah, of course. Thanks!
Andreas