[Csnd] CUDA opcodes for Windows?

Date2022-09-19 13:27
FromAnders Genell
Subject[Csnd] CUDA opcodes for Windows?
Dear all, perhaps especially Victor L and Stephen K!
I am wondering if the CUDA opcodes are built for Windows somewhere?
I have installed the CUDA developers software package on my Windows machine, but I am not really comfortable building csound (or much of anything, really) on Windows...

Best readers,
Anders

SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd] CUDA opcodes for Windows?
Hi Anders,

I don’t think so, you would need to try building these yourself.

best

> On 19 Sept 2022, at 13:27, Anders Genell  wrote:
>
> WARNINGThis email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.
> Dear all, perhaps especially Victor L and Stephen K!
> I am wondering if the CUDA opcodes are built for Windows somewhere?
> I have installed the CUDA developers software package on my Windows machine, but I am not really comfortable building csound (or much of anything, really) on Windows...
>
> Best readers,
> Anders

FromAnders Genell
SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd] CUDA opcodes for Windows?
Alas!
Well, I'll see what I can manage - are there some concise instructions for toolchains needed etc for building on Windows somewhere? Csound is built using Visual Studio nowadays, isn't it?

Regards,
Anders

On Mon, Sep 19, 2022 at 2:57 PM Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
Hi Anders,

I don’t think so, you would need to try building these yourself.

best

> On 19 Sept 2022, at 13:27, Anders Genell <anders.genell@GMAIL.COM> wrote:
>
> WARNINGThis email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.
> Dear all, perhaps especially Victor L and Stephen K!
> I am wondering if the CUDA opcodes are built for Windows somewhere?
> I have installed the CUDA developers software package on my Windows machine, but I am not really comfortable building csound (or much of anything, really) on Windows...
>
> Best readers,
> Anders

FromStephen Kyne
SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd] CUDA opcodes for Windows?
Hi Anders,

I haven't really tried to build these myself but I could possibly take a look soon. The build for Windows is mostly focused around MSVC. It's possible the MingGW build still works but I'd doubt it to be honest.

At any rate, it should just be a case of focusing on the CMakeList.txt file that deals with the Cuda build: https://github.com/csound/plugins/blob/develop/CUDA/CMakeLists.txt and make sure all the headers and libs are found etc.

I have a PR for this repo to get it working with Windows better in general so I may end up fixing this along with that work anyway.

Thanks,
Stephen

Well, I'll see what I can manage - are there some concise instructions for toolchains needed etc for building on Windows somewhere? Csound is built using Visual Studio nowadays, isn't it?

Regards,
Anders

On Mon, Sep 19, 2022 at 2:57 PM Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
Hi Anders,

I don’t think so, you would need to try building these yourself.

best

> On 19 Sept 2022, at 13:27, Anders Genell <anders.genell@GMAIL.COM> wrote:
>
> WARNINGThis email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.
> Dear all, perhaps especially Victor L and Stephen K!
> I am wondering if the CUDA opcodes are built for Windows somewhere?
> I have installed the CUDA developers software package on my Windows machine, but I am not really comfortable building csound (or much of anything, really) on Windows...
>
> Best readers,
> Anders

FromAnders Genell
SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd] CUDA opcodes for Windows?
Hi Stephen,
That sounds absolutely fabulous!
I'll sit back in utter comfort and watch from the sidelines.

Thank you!!
Regards,
Anders