[Csnd] Scorelines and strings

Date2022-06-09 16:49
FromMike McGonagle
Subject[Csnd] Scorelines and strings
I was just reading the current manual and found that the is a limit for using strings in a scorelines to just one. I also got the impression that that limit was set a long time ago, so I was wondering if this is still valid and that a scoreline can still only have one string in it's parameters. Csound mailing list Csound@listserv.heanet.ie https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd] Scorelines and strings
There's no limit in Csound 6.x.
You can send more than one string.

On 9 Jun 2022, at 16:51, Mike McGonagle <mjmogo@gmail.com> wrote:

*Warning*

This email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.

I was just reading the current manual and found that the is a limit for using strings in a scorelines to just one. I also got the impression that that limit was set a long time ago, so I was wondering if this is still valid and that a scoreline can still only have one string in it's parameters. Csound mailing list Csound@listserv.heanet.ie https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

Date2022-06-09 21:52
FromMike McGonagle
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Scorelines and strings
Thanks, I didn't have access to my computer to get this, and I figured it was an old limitation. Should I enter a bug report for the manual?

That being said, I think with this news, I should be able to do what I need. Thanks.

Mike

On Thursday, June 9, 2022, Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
There's no limit in Csound 6.x.
You can send more than one string.

On 9 Jun 2022, at 16:51, Mike McGonagle <mjmogo@gmail.com> wrote:

*Warning*

This email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.

I was just reading the current manual and found that the is a limit for using strings in a scorelines to just one. I also got the impression that that limit was set a long time ago, so I was wondering if this is still valid and that a scoreline can still only have one string in it's parameters. Csound mailing list Csound@listserv.heanet.ie https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] Re: [Csnd] Scorelines and strings
Definitely  a bug report in the manual. It should not be there.

On 9 Jun 2022, at 21:52, Mike McGonagle <mjmogo@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

yeah most important is where you read it.  then we can remove it quickly.

On 09/06/2022 22:52, Mike McGonagle wrote:
> Thanks, I didn't have access to my computer to get this, and I figured
> it was an old limitation. Should I enter a bug report for the manual?
>
> That being said, I think with this news, I should be able to do what I
> need. Thanks.
>
> Mike
>
> On Thursday, June 9, 2022, Victor Lazzarini  > wrote:
>
>     There's no limit in Csound 6.x.
>     You can send more than one string.
>
>     Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>     Maynooth University
>     Ireland
>
>>     On 9 Jun 2022, at 16:51, Mike McGonagle >     > wrote:
>>

>>       *Warning*
>>
>>     This email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail
>>     System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you
>>     recognise the sender and know the content is safe.
>>
>>     I was just reading the current manual and found that the is a
>>     limit for using strings in a scorelines to just one. I also got
>>     the impression that that limit was set a long time ago, so I was
>>     wondering if this is still valid and that a scoreline can still
>>     only have one string in it's parameters. Csound mailing list
>>     Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
>>     https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>>
>>     Send bugs reports to https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>>
>>     Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here
>     Csound mailing list Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
>
>     https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>      Send bugs reports
>     to https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>      Discussions of bugs and
>     features can be posted here

>  Send bugs reports to
> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>  Discussions of bugs and
> features can be posted here

FromMike McGonagle
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Scorelines and strings
https://csound.com/docs/manual/i.html

I actually found it in a couple of places, but the most obvious one is on the description for the score 'i' statement. If you look at the paragraph starting "Beginning with Csound version 3.53...", the last sentence mentions only one string per scoreline. I'll look for the other one, and make the bug submission.

Mike

    Csound@listserv.heanet.ie <mailto:Csound@listserv.heanet.ie>
    <https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Flistserv.heanet.ie%2Fcgi-bin%2Fwa%3FA0%3DCSOUND&data=05%7C01%7CVictor.Lazzarini%40mu.ie%7C119d387c94e0473dead508da4a2fb4a4%7C1454f5ccbb354685bbd98621fd8055c9%7C0%7C0%7C637903866613014815%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=epYmcPSnf0ibc0VTL18EX3S2v4g1wEfDfjwNNZFwWHA%3D&reserved=0>
    Send bugs reports to https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
    <https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fcsound%2Fcsound%2Fissues&data=05%7C01%7CVictor.Lazzarini%40mu.ie%7C119d387c94e0473dead508da4a2fb4a4%7C1454f5ccbb354685bbd98621fd8055c9%7C0%7C0%7C637903866613014815%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=IloC8SHhW75SzKOqHszJXmWCKNr6769CgEgy%2FUo3GrM%3D&reserved=0>
    Csound mailing list Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
    <mailto:Csound@listserv.heanet.ie>
    <https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND> Send bugs reports
    to https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
    <https://github.com/csound/csound/issues> Discussions of bugs and
    features can be posted here
Csound mailing list Csound@listserv.heanet.ie <mailto:Csound@listserv.heanet.ie> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND <https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND> Send bugs reports to https://github.com/csound/csound/issues <https://github.com/csound/csound/issues> Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

SubjectRe: [Csnd] Scorelines and strings
great, thanks.