[Csnd] Read a kchannel value at i time?

Date2022-04-28 01:50
FromIain Duncan
Subject[Csnd] Read a kchannel value at i time?
Hi, can anyone tell me if there is a way to read the value from a named control channel at i-time in an instrument to do init time only management?

I notice this does not work:
ivalue = i( chnget:k( mychan ) )

thanks
iain

SubjectRe: [Csnd] Read a kchannel value at i time?
Should be able to just read using the irate chnget like:

ivalue = chnget:i(mychan)

On Wed, Apr 27, 2022 at 8:51 PM Iain Duncan  wrote:

> Hi, can anyone tell me if there is a way to read the value from a named control channel at i-time in an instrument to do init time only management?
>
> I notice this does not work:
> ivalue = i( chnget:k( mychan ) )
>
> thanks
> iain

FromIain Duncan
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Read a kchannel value at i time?
Oh, I feel silly. Thanks Steven! And thanks for the glide example too, that was helpful to play with today. Still not quite where I want things, but it's coming along, as I scrape away my csound rust. :-)

iain