[Csnd] ICSC 2022 Dates

Date2022-04-13 20:28
FromShane Byrne
Subject[Csnd] ICSC 2022 Dates
Hi All,

I can now confirm that ICSC 2022 will be held on the 4th, 5th, and 6th of November at the TUS campus in Athlone.

I am currently putting together the call for works with a website to follow shortly.

On that note, if anyone has experience with website builds and is willing to lend a hand I would be very grateful as this particular skill set is outside my area of expertise.

Further updates to follow.

Shane.

FromTarmo Johannes
SubjectRe: [Csnd] ICSC 2022 Dates
This is great news! Thanks for this!
tarmo

Kontakt Shane Byrne (<biggybassface@gmail.com>) kirjutas kuupäeval K, 13. aprill 2022 kell 22:28:
Hi All,

I can now confirm that ICSC 2022 will be held on the 4th, 5th, and 6th of November at the TUS campus in Athlone.

I am currently putting together the call for works with a website to follow shortly.

On that note, if anyone has experience with website builds and is willing to lend a hand I would be very grateful as this particular skill set is outside my area of expertise.

Further updates to follow.

Shane.

Fromluis jure
SubjectRe: [Csnd] ICSC 2022 Dates
el Wed, 13 Apr 2022 20:28:54 +0100
Shane Byrne  escribió:

> I can now confirm that ICSC 2022 will be held on the 4th, 5th, and
> 6th of November at the TUS campus in Athlone.

Congratulations. To me at least, it was a surprise. I had no idea there
was going to be an ICSC this year.

Out of consideration for the rest of us not living where you live, could
you tell us a bit more what is the "TUS" and where in the world is
"Athlone" (beginning with in which country).

Thanks, and good luck with the organization.

FromOeyvind Brandtsegg
SubjectRe: [Csnd] ICSC 2022 Dates
Congrats! Looking forward to it, and hope to be able to attend.

ons. 13. apr. 2022, 9:29 p.m. skrev Shane Byrne <biggybassface@gmail.com>:
Hi All,

I can now confirm that ICSC 2022 will be held on the 4th, 5th, and 6th of November at the TUS campus in Athlone.

I am currently putting together the call for works with a website to follow shortly.

On that note, if anyone has experience with website builds and is willing to lend a hand I would be very grateful as this particular skill set is outside my area of expertise.

Further updates to follow.

Shane.

SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] Re: [Csnd] ICSC 2022 Dates
Technological University of the Shannon in Athlone, Ireland.

Shane had already reached to the list back at the end of last year asking whether they could host it.

> On 14 Apr 2022, at 00:58, luis jure  wrote:
>
> *Warning*
>
> This email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.
>
> el Wed, 13 Apr 2022 20:28:54 +0100
> Shane Byrne  escribió:
>
>> I can now confirm that ICSC 2022 will be held on the 4th, 5th, and
>> 6th of November at the TUS campus in Athlone.
>
> Congratulations. To me at least, it was a surprise. I had no idea there
> was going to be an ICSC this year.
>
> Out of consideration for the rest of us not living where you live, could
> you tell us a bit more what is the "TUS" and where in the world is
> "Athlone" (beginning with in which country).
>
> Thanks, and good luck with the organization.
>

> --

>        https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fcsound%2Fcsound%2Fissues&data=04%7C01%7CVictor.Lazzarini%40mu.ie%7Ca7b20ccc4e5d43a6ccf008da1da9443c%7C1454f5ccbb354685bbd98621fd8055c9%7C0%7C0%7C637854910927939793%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000&sdata=J7oTDJ2aCDWSU0B1%2BkwlrSRC%2FFhBd%2BSEa4pm2e4YBEE%3D&reserved=0

Fromluis antunes pena
SubjectRe: [Csnd] ICSC 2022 Dates
Great news. Looking forward to it!
Best,
Luís

On 13.04.22 21:28, Shane Byrne wrote:
Hi All,

I can now confirm that ICSC 2022 will be held on the 4th, 5th, and 6th of November at the TUS campus in Athlone.

I am currently putting together the call for works with a website to follow shortly.

On that note, if anyone has experience with website builds and is willing to lend a hand I would be very grateful as this particular skill set is outside my area of expertise.

Further updates to follow.

Shane.

SubjectRe: [Csnd] ICSC 2022 Dates
super, i will be there; most probably with some of my students.
thanks for your work on this!
	joachim

On 13/04/2022 21:28, Shane Byrne wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I can now confirm that ICSC 2022 will be held on the 4th, 5th, and 6th of November at the TUS campus in Athlone.
>
> I am currently putting together the call for works with a website to follow shortly.
>
> On that note, if anyone has experience with website builds and is willing to lend a hand I would be very grateful as this particular skill set is outside my area of expertise.
>
> Further updates to follow.
>
> Shane.

>          https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Fromluis jure
SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] Re: [Csnd] ICSC 2022 Dates
el Thu, 14 Apr 2022 08:39:37 +0000
Victor Lazzarini  escribió:

> Technological University of the Shannon in Athlone, Ireland.

That's great, thank you. I must have overlooked the previous
announcements. Unfortunately, it'll be impossible for me to attend.

I could contribute to the development of the web site, the problem is
that I wouldn't be able to work on this right now and for some time.

Shane, couldn't you just reuse the code base of some of the previous
conferences? If you think the code for the ICSC2017 could be of any
use, just clone it and adapt it to your needs:

https://csound.com/icsc2017/

I guess Enrico probably wouldn't mind either if you preferred to reuse
code from the ICSC2019 instead:

https://csound.com/icsc2019/

FromShane Byrne
SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] Re: [Csnd] ICSC 2022 Dates
It's a shame you can't make it Luis but thank you for allowing me to reuse the code base of the 2017 conference site.

It'll be a great help getting things started!

Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@MU.IE> escribió:

> Technological University of the Shannon in Athlone, Ireland.

That's great, thank you. I must have overlooked the previous
announcements. Unfortunately, it'll be impossible for me to attend.

I could contribute to the development of the web site, the problem is
that I wouldn't be able to work on this right now and for some time.

Shane, couldn't you just reuse the code base of some of the previous
conferences? If you think the code for the ICSC2017 could be of any
use, just clone it and adapt it to your needs:

https://csound.com/icsc2017/

I guess Enrico probably wouldn't mind either if you preferred to reuse
code from the ICSC2019 instead:

https://csound.com/icsc2019/

Fromluis jure
SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] Re: [Csnd] ICSC 2022 Dates
el Thu, 14 Apr 2022 15:44:53 +0100
Shane Byrne  escribió:

> thank you for allowing me to reuse the code base of the 2017
> conference site.

By all means, yes, feel free to clone it. Unlike the code for the
ICSC2019 (and now the ICSC2022), the code for the ICSC2017 doesn't have
its own github project, it's just a directory under the main
csound.github.io project (just like the ICSC2015 and Csound30). I don't
know what would be the best way to clone it.

FromBernt Isak Wærstad
SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] Re: [Csnd] ICSC 2022 Dates
A small thing, but the header/logo on the conference pages points back to the Csound page instead of the index page of the conference

Also the conference wasn't mentioned on the Csound web page anywhere, so I've added a news post and listed it under Community->Conferences now.

Shane Byrne <biggybassface@GMAIL.COM> escribió:

> thank you for allowing me to reuse the code base of the 2017
> conference site.

By all means, yes, feel free to clone it. Unlike the code for the
ICSC2019 (and now the ICSC2022), the code for the ICSC2017 doesn't have
its own github project, it's just a directory under the main
csound.github.io project (just like the ICSC2015 and Csound30). I don't
know what would be the best way to clone it.

Mvh.

Bernt Isak Wærstad

FromShane Byrne
SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] Re: [Csnd] ICSC 2022 Dates
Hi Bernt,

Thanks for the post to the community page, it was something I meant to ask about but it completely slipped my mind!
The logo behavior is by design, when I add more pages to the site I will change the navigation.

Shane.