From: dlphillips@WOH.RR.COM
To: CSOUND@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE
Sent: Saturday March 19 2022 8:58:49AM
Subject: [Csnd] runtime failure MacOS

Greetings !

Yes, it's been a while, and in that time I've switched to using a Mac Mini M1 for my current music production platform. I built Csound successfully following the build instructions here:

Alas, when I try to run it I receive the following error:

dyld[25826]: Library not loaded: @rpath/CsoundLib64.framework/Versions/6.0/CsoundLib64

  Referenced from: /usr/local/bin/csound

  Reason: tried: '/Library/Frameworks/CsoundLib64.framework/Versions/6.0/CsoundLib64' (no such file), '/System/Library/Frameworks/CsoundLib64.framework/Versions/6.0/CsoundLib64' (no such file)

Did I leave something out ?

Best regards,

dp

SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] Re: [Csnd] runtime failure MacOS [Solved]
yep, annoyingly in the latest macos, anything installed in ~/Library/Frameworks is not searched anymore. No one from Apple has responded to enquiries about this.

Welcome back.

On 19 Mar 2022, at 14:19, dlphillips@woh.rr.com wrote:

*Warning*

This email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.

Hi Luis !

Problem solved. Csound installed the framework to /Users/davephillips/Library/Frameworks. A symlink seems to have fixed things:

 % csound

Usage:      csound [-flags] orchfile scorefile

Legal flags are:

--Csound version 6.17 (double samples) Mar 19 2022

[commit: 95007834d8afc68b9ae465a6f65b93b23ae41709]

Yes, it's been a while, and in that time I've switched to using a Mac Mini M1 for my current music production platform. I built Csound successfully following the build instructions here:

Alas, when I try to run it I receive the following error:

dyld[25826]: Library not loaded: @rpath/CsoundLib64.framework/Versions/6.0/CsoundLib64

  Referenced from: /usr/local/bin/csound

  Reason: tried: '/Library/Frameworks/CsoundLib64.framework/Versions/6.0/CsoundLib64' (no such file), '/System/Library/Frameworks/CsoundLib64.framework/Versions/6.0/CsoundLib64' (no such file)

Did I leave something out ?

Best regards,

dp

FromIain Duncan
SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] Re: [Csnd] runtime failure MacOS [Solved]
Hi Dave, I'm about to try the same thing, can you tell me where you had to put the symlink?

thanks
iain