[Csnd] Spectral Music by Victor Lazzarini is available at half price on Amazon

Date2022-02-02 19:57
FromCian
Subject[Csnd] Spectral Music by Victor Lazzarini is available at half price on Amazon
Apologies if this is off topic, but I figured this would be useful to at least a few people here.

FromJacques Leplat
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Spectral Music by Victor Lazzarini is available at half price on Amazon
I had to read the message twice. On first reading I wondered if it was referring to  a composition of spectral music. On the second reading, the penny dropped: you are referring to the book that is literally on my lap: finally found time to read it.   I expect to read it more than once, and refer to it for years to  come.  Highly recommended.

All the best,

Jacques

On 2 Feb 2022, at 19:57, Cian <cian.oconnor@gmail.com> wrote:

Apologies if this is off topic, but I figured this would be useful to at least a few people here.

FromCian
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Spectral Music by Victor Lazzarini is available at half price on Amazon
Ah yes I can see how that could have been confusing :)

On Wed, Feb 2, 2022 at 3:25 PM Jacques Leplat <jleplat@j3ltd.com> wrote:
I had to read the message twice. On first reading I wondered if it was referring to  a composition of spectral music. On the second reading, the penny dropped: you are referring to the book that is literally on my lap: finally found time to read it.   I expect to read it more than once, and refer to it for years to  come.  Highly recommended.

All the best,

Jacques

On 2 Feb 2022, at 19:57, Cian <cian.oconnor@gmail.com> wrote:

Apologies if this is off topic, but I figured this would be useful to at least a few people here.

FromPartev Sarkissian <0000060b2ef1338e-dmarc-request@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE>
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Spectral Music by Victor Lazzarini is available at half price on Amazon

Just ordered a copy, supposed to be here tomorrow. Yeah,... half price, nice.

-PBS

Ah yes I can see how that could have been confusing :)

On Wed, Feb 2, 2022 at 3:25 PM Jacques Leplat <jleplat@j3ltd.com> wrote:
I had to read the message twice. On first reading I wondered if it was referring to  a composition of spectral music. On the second reading, the penny dropped: you are referring to the book that is literally on my lap: finally found time to read it.   I expect to read it more than once, and refer to it for years to  come.  Highly recommended.

All the best,

Jacques

On 2 Feb 2022, at 19:57, Cian <cian.oconnor@gmail.com> wrote:

Apologies if this is off topic, but I figured this would be useful to at least a few people here.

FromIain Duncan
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Spectral Music by Victor Lazzarini is available at half price on Amazon
+1 on it being a great book! I also recommend it widely. :-)

iain

On Wed, Feb 2, 2022 at 2:25 PM Partev Sarkissian <0000060b2ef1338e-dmarc-request@listserv.heanet.ie> wrote:

[...]

Just got 4-minutes ago, thumbing thru it quickly, then back to work,...
... very good. I'm going to enjoy this one. Good review of audio, and covers
details I hadn't considered before.

Very good Victor.

-PBS

Ah yes I can see how that could have been confusing :)

On Wed, Feb 2, 2022 at 3:25 PM Jacques Leplat <jleplat@j3ltd.com> wrote:
I had to read the message twice. On first reading I wondered if it was referring to  a composition of spectral music. On the second reading, the penny dropped: you are referring to the book that is literally on my lap: finally found time to read it.   I expect to read it more than once, and refer to it for years to  come.  Highly recommended.

All the best,

Jacques

On 2 Feb 2022, at 19:57, Cian <cian.oconnor@gmail.com> wrote:

Apologies if this is off topic, but I figured this would be useful to at least a few people here.

SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] Re: [Csnd] Spectral Music by Victor Lazzarini is available at half price on Amazon
Thanks, Partev.

On 3 Feb 2022, at 23:52, Partev Sarkissian <0000060b2ef1338e-dmarc-request@listserv.heanet.ie> wrote:

*Warning*

This email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.

[...]

Anytime.
And I haven't found any Taylor series typos yet, so even better. Sunglasses

-Partev

Ah yes I can see how that could have been confusing :)

On Wed, Feb 2, 2022 at 3:25 PM Jacques Leplat <jleplat@j3ltd.com> wrote:
I had to read the message twice. On first reading I wondered if it was referring to  a composition of spectral music. On the second reading, the penny dropped: you are referring to the book that is literally on my lap: finally found time to read it.   I expect to read it more than once, and refer to it for years to  come.  Highly recommended.

All the best,

Jacques

On 2 Feb 2022, at 19:57, Cian <cian.oconnor@gmail.com> wrote:

Apologies if this is off topic, but I figured this would be useful to at least a few people here.

From"Dr. Richard Boulanger"
SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] Re: [Csnd] Spectral Music by Victor Lazzarini is available at half price on Amazon
Victor's incredibly new book - Spectral Music Design -  is the required text for my DSP (EP413) class at Berklee & for my Advanced Project Thesis Prep class too (EP401 and EP491)

It is AWESOME

- Dr.B

Dr. Richard Boulanger

Professor

Electronic Production and Design

Berklee College of Music

Professional Writing & Technology Division

On Fri, Feb 4, 2022 at 12:41 PM Partev Sarkissian <0000060b2ef1338e-dmarc-request@listserv.heanet.ie> wrote:

[...]

That's great to hear, thanks for adopting it.

On 4 Feb 2022, at 20:26, Dr. Richard Boulanger <rboulanger@berklee.edu> wrote:

[...]

i finally received my copy, too.  what a fantastic book, collecting so
many aspects of this area, and digging deeply.  the python code examples
are extremely instructive.  congrats!!!

i was wondering whether there could be (or is already?) a repo with the
code examples, similar to what we did in the springer csound book.

best -
	joachim

On 05/02/2022 00:27, Victor Lazzarini wrote:
> That's great to hear, thanks for adopting it.

>> On 4 Feb 2022, at 20:26, Dr. Richard Boulanger
>>  wrote:
>>

>> Victor's incredibly new book - Spectral Music Design -  is the
>> required text for my DSP (EP413) class at Berklee & for my Advanced
>> Project Thesis Prep class too (EP401 and EP491)
>>
>> It is AWESOME
>>
>> *- Dr.B*
>>
>> *
>> *
>>
>> *Dr. Richard Boulanger*
>>
>> Professor
>>
>> Electronic Production and Design
>>
>> *Berklee College of Music*
>>
>> Professional Writing & Technology Division
>>

>> On Fri, Feb 4, 2022 at 12:41 PM Partev Sarkissian
>> <0000060b2ef1338e-dmarc-request@listserv.heanet.ie
>> > wrote:
>>

>>     Anytime.
>>     And I haven't found any Taylor series typos yet, so even better.
>>     Sunglasses
>>

>>     -Partev

yes, I should do this soon. It was supposed to be hosted by OUP, but in the end they did not do it.

Victor