[Csnd] Question about the Sensekey opcode

Date2022-01-26 16:35
FromSusanne Pedersen
Subject[Csnd] Question about the Sensekey opcode

Hi all,

I’d like to use the Sensekey opcode to monitor keyboard input. However, I want to be able to use other keys than alphanumeric ones, like the arrow keys, for instance. Is this possible? The examples that come with the reference manual only show letters being used, so that’s why I’m asking.

Best regards,

Susanne

Date2022-01-26 16:46
From"Jeanette C."
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Question about the Sensekey opcode
Jan 26 2022, Susanne Pedersen has written:

> Hi all,
>
> I’d like to use the Sensekey opcode to monitor keyboard input. However, I want to be able to use other keys than alphanumeric ones, like the arrow keys, for instance.
On my system it works, however the cursor keys output values 65-68, i.e.
the same as A-D. Modifying with shift makes no difference.

HTH.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

You are my summer breeze, my winter sun,
my springtime soul, my autumn touch of gold
(Britney Spears)

SubjectRe: [Csnd] Question about the Sensekey opcode
i once wrote a udo to work with this in csoundqt:
https://github.com/csudo/csudo/blob/master/csqt/CsQtArwKeys.csd

not sure it works on other frontends, or in the terminal, but it may be
helpful.

best -
	joachim

On 26/01/2022 17:35, Susanne Pedersen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I’d like to use the Sensekey opcode to monitor keyboard input. However,
> I want to be able to use other keys than alphanumeric ones, like the
> arrow keys, for instance. Is this possible? The examples that come with
> the reference manual only show letters being used, so that’s why I’m asking.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Susanne

>  Send bugs reports to
> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>  Discussions of bugs and
> features can be posted here

From"Jeanette C."
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Question about the Sensekey opcode
Jan 26 2022, joachim heintz has written:

> i once wrote a udo to work with this in csoundqt:
> https://github.com/csudo/csudo/blob/master/csqt/CsQtArwKeys.csd
Great stuff! It works for me. All cursor keys are returned as negative,
everything else positive.

> not sure it works on other frontends, or in the terminal, but it may be
> helpful.
>
> best -
> 	 joachim
>

> On 26/01/2022 17:35, Susanne Pedersen wrote:
>>  Hi all,
>>
>>  I’d like to use the Sensekey opcode to monitor keyboard input. However, I
>>  want to be able to use other keys than alphanumeric ones, like the arrow
>>  keys, for instance. Is this possible? The examples that come with the
>>  reference manual only show letters being used, so that’s why I’m asking.
>>
>>  Best regards,
>>
>>  Susanne

>>  https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>>   Send bugs reports to
>>  https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>>   Discussions of bugs and features
>>  can be posted here

>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

You are my summer breeze, my winter sun,
my springtime soul, my autumn touch of gold
(Britney Spears)

SubjectRe: [Csnd] Question about the Sensekey opcode
good to know --- thanks!

On 26/01/2022 19:27, Jeanette C. wrote:
> Jan 26 2022, joachim heintz has written:
>
>> i once wrote a udo to work with this in csoundqt:
>> https://github.com/csudo/csudo/blob/master/csqt/CsQtArwKeys.csd
> Great stuff! It works for me. All cursor keys are returned as negative,
> everything else positive.
>>
>> not sure it works on other frontends, or in the terminal, but it may
>> be helpful.
>>
>> best -
>>      joachim
>>

>> On 26/01/2022 17:35, Susanne Pedersen wrote:
>>>  Hi all,
>>>
>>>  I’d like to use the Sensekey opcode to monitor keyboard input.
>>> However, I
>>>  want to be able to use other keys than alphanumeric ones, like the
>>> arrow
>>>  keys, for instance. Is this possible? The examples that come with the
>>>  reference manual only show letters being used, so that’s why I’m
>>> asking.
>>>
>>>  Best regards,
>>>
>>>  Susanne

>>>  https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>>>   Send bugs reports to
>>>  https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>>>   Discussions of bugs and
>>> features
>>>  can be posted here
>>
>> Csound mailing list
>> Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
>> Send bugs reports to
>>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

FromJana Hübenthal
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Question about the Sensekey opcode
Attachmentsuniquekey.csd
Some time ago, I wrote an opcode for fetching multi byte keystrokes and return them as a unique number. Works perfectly in Ubuntu and basically in Windows (function keys are coded improperly there)

See the attached example, maybe it's helpful. Needs no QT, works in plain terminal Csound (which is my favourite :-) )

Btw, is there a way to suppress the key annoying key echo in the terminal? Didn't find anything...

Best - Jana