[Csnd] New album "Tzimtzum"

Subject[Csnd] New album "Tzimtzum"
Oops! forgot the URL for the album!

I am pleased to announce the release of my new album of
algorithmically composed electroacoustic music, Tzimtzum, available
for downloading at https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/michaelgogins2. It will
soon be available on YouTube Music, iTunes, Spotify, and many other
music streaming services.

Each piece on this album has been created by running a single computer
program, written by me, that generates a score and then renders it to
a high-resolution soundfile using Csound. Some pieces were generated
using Lindenmayer systems, and some pieces were generated using
recurrent iterated function systems. In all cases, the generative
algorithms work in a space that represents not only individual notes,
but also the chords within which those notes sound. The generative
operations transform not only notes to other notes, but also chords to
other chords, using the chord space of Dmitri Tymoczko and the
generalized contextual group of Fiore and Satyendra. All sounds are
synthesized by Csound. No samples are used. The piano sound is the
Pianoteq physically modeled piano, and the organ sound is the Aeolus
software organ in the form of a Csound plugin opcode.

Earlier versions of some of these pieces have been performed at the
International Csound Conference in St. Petersburg (Poustinia, 2015)
and the New York City Electroacoustic Music Festival (Black Mountain,
2017; Parachronic, 2018).

FromDave Seidel
SubjectRe: [Csnd] New album "Tzimtzum"
Looking forward to listening!

On Mon, Dec 16, 2019 at 10:32 AM Michael Gogins <michael.gogins@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

FromRichard
SubjectRe: [Csnd] New album "Tzimtzum"
Very nice, well balanced, original and surprisingly musically!

Richard

On 16/12/2019 16:32, Michael Gogins wrote:
> Oops! forgot the URL for the album!
>
> I am pleased to announce the release of my new album of
> algorithmically composed electroacoustic music, Tzimtzum, available
> for downloading at https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/michaelgogins2. It will
> soon be available on YouTube Music, iTunes, Spotify, and many other
> music streaming services.
>
> Each piece on this album has been created by running a single computer
> program, written by me, that generates a score and then renders it to
> a high-resolution soundfile using Csound. Some pieces were generated
> using Lindenmayer systems, and some pieces were generated using
> recurrent iterated function systems. In all cases, the generative
> algorithms work in a space that represents not only individual notes,
> but also the chords within which those notes sound. The generative
> operations transform not only notes to other notes, but also chords to
> other chords, using the chord space of Dmitri Tymoczko and the
> generalized contextual group of Fiore and Satyendra. All sounds are
> synthesized by Csound. No samples are used. The piano sound is the
> Pianoteq physically modeled piano, and the organ sound is the Aeolus
> software organ in the form of a Csound plugin opcode.
>
> Earlier versions of some of these pieces have been performed at the
> International Csound Conference in St. Petersburg (Poustinia, 2015)
> and the New York City Electroacoustic Music Festival (Black Mountain,
> 2017; Parachronic, 2018).

>          https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

FromJeff Harrington
SubjectRe: [Csnd] New album "Tzimtzum"
Really lush and expressive music - at least what moments I've
 heard so far.

Jeff

On 12/16/2019 4:32 PM, Michael Gogins wrote:
> Oops! forgot the URL for the album!
>
> I am pleased to announce the release of my new album of
> algorithmically composed electroacoustic music, Tzimtzum, available
> for downloading at https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/michaelgogins2. It will
> soon be available on YouTube Music, iTunes, Spotify, and many other
> music streaming services.
>
> Each piece on this album has been created by running a single computer
> program, written by me, that generates a score and then renders it to
> a high-resolution soundfile using Csound. Some pieces were generated
> using Lindenmayer systems, and some pieces were generated using
> recurrent iterated function systems. In all cases, the generative
> algorithms work in a space that represents not only individual notes,
> but also the chords within which those notes sound. The generative
> operations transform not only notes to other notes, but also chords to
> other chords, using the chord space of Dmitri Tymoczko and the
> generalized contextual group of Fiore and Satyendra. All sounds are
> synthesized by Csound. No samples are used. The piano sound is the
> Pianoteq physically modeled piano, and the organ sound is the Aeolus
> software organ in the form of a Csound plugin opcode.
>
> Earlier versions of some of these pieces have been performed at the
> International Csound Conference in St. Petersburg (Poustinia, 2015)
> and the New York City Electroacoustic Music Festival (Black Mountain,
> 2017; Parachronic, 2018).

FromMenno Knevel
SubjectRe: [Csnd] New album "Tzimtzum"
Listening to the music on Spotify atm- very nice indeed!
I think the choice of instruments is very important for algorithmic music to
work?

--
Sent from: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html

SubjectRe: [Csnd] New album "Tzimtzum"
Yes, that's true. The instrument overtones and envelopes affect how we hear the harmony.

Thanks!
Mike

FromPartev Sarkissian <0000060b2ef1338e-dmarc-request@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE>
SubjectRe: [Csnd] New album "Tzimtzum"