[Csnd] CsoundQT install instructions

Subject[Csnd] CsoundQT install instructions
I was just wondering whether users can find step-by-step install instructions for CsoundQT,
as in “first install Csound from  …”, "then download the latest CsoundQT from …”
I might have missed this, as when you google CsoundQT you get a download page which
points to the github release, but it does not say there what you need to do. Maybe
some instructions at the top of the release notes?

I mean, it’s not difficult for someone who knows, but it might be confusing for
new users.

From"Dr. Richard Boulanger"
SubjectRe: [Csnd] CsoundQT install instructions
+1

Dr. B.

On Thu, Jan 7, 2021 at 3:08 PM Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
I was just wondering whether users can find step-by-step install instructions for CsoundQT,
as in “first install Csound from  …”, "then download the latest CsoundQT from …”
I might have missed this, as when you google CsoundQT you get a download page which
points to the github release, but it does not say there what you need to do. Maybe
some instructions at the top of the release notes?

I mean, it’s not difficult for someone who knows, but it might be confusing for
new users.
        https://us-west-2.protection.sophos.com?d=github.com&u=aHR0cHM6Ly9naXRodWIuY29tL2Nzb3VuZC9jc291bmQvaXNzdWVz&i=NWYxNzBkMDNiNTVmZGEwZmIyNjczYmRm&t=YlNrQ2lLclRLZUpGUE1iR0FyY2M1eW1NTUU5SUozWlJwMTNZU2NXT1BLOD0=&h=a39447c31547490ab228842bd7e760d8

FromPablo Frank
I was just wondering whether users can find step-by-step install instructions for CsoundQT,
as in “first install Csound from  …”, "then download the latest CsoundQT from …”
I might have missed this, as when you google CsoundQT you get a download page which
points to the github release, but it does not say there what you need to do. Maybe
some instructions at the top of the release notes?

I mean, it’s not difficult for someone who knows, but it might be confusing for
new users.

FromTarmo Johannes
SubjectRe: [Csnd] CsoundQT install instructions
Thanks!

I agree, too. We will make it happen. Thanks for the push!

tarmo

Kontakt Victor Lazzarini (<Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie>) kirjutas kuupäeval N, 7. jaanuar 2021 kell 22:08:
I was just wondering whether users can find step-by-step install instructions for CsoundQT,
as in “first install Csound from  …”, "then download the latest CsoundQT from …”
I might have missed this, as when you google CsoundQT you get a download page which
points to the github release, but it does not say there what you need to do. Maybe
some instructions at the top of the release notes?

I mean, it’s not difficult for someone who knows, but it might be confusing for
new users.

SubjectRe: [Csnd] CsoundQT install instructions
yes.  i just looked into the floss manual at
https://flossmanual.csound.com/csound-frontends/csoundqt.

the first sentence is good, i think:
"CsoundQt is a frontend for Csound, so Csound needs to be installed
first. Make sure you have installed Csound before you install CsoundQt;
otherwise it will not work at all."

the next paragraph is outdated, as i just see.  i will change it, and
link to the install instructions on the CsoundQt site, once we did it.

@tarmo: please let me know off-list if you want me to do this work, or
part of it.

On 07/01/2021 22:40, Tarmo Johannes wrote:
> Thanks!
>
> I agree, too. We will make it happen. Thanks for the push!
>
> tarmo
>
> Kontakt Victor Lazzarini ( >) kirjutas kuupäeval N, 7. jaanuar 2021
> kell 22:08:
>
>     I was just wondering whether users can find step-by-step install
>     instructions for CsoundQT,
>     as in “first install Csound from  …”, "then download the latest
>     CsoundQT from …”
>     I might have missed this, as when you google CsoundQT you get a
>     download page which
>     points to the github release, but it does not say there what you
>     need to do. Maybe
>     some instructions at the top of the release notes?
>
>     I mean, it’s not difficult for someone who knows, but it might be
>     confusing for
>     new users.
>     Send bugs reports to
>     https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>     Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features
> can be posted here

SubjectRe: [Csnd] CsoundQT install instructions
here we go:
https://csoundqt.github.io/pages/install.html

thanks to victor for pointing to the lack of it, and thanks to amin
khoshsabk for the description how to install on windows.

if anyone has something to add or to correct, please let me know.

cheers -
	joachim

On 07/01/2021 21:08, Victor Lazzarini wrote:
> I was just wondering whether users can find step-by-step install instructions for CsoundQT,
> as in “first install Csound from  …”, "then download the latest CsoundQT from …”
> I might have missed this, as when you google CsoundQT you get a download page which
> points to the github release, but it does not say there what you need to do. Maybe
> some instructions at the top of the release notes?
>
> I mean, it’s not difficult for someone who knows, but it might be confusing for
> new users.
>          https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

From"Dr. Richard Boulanger"
SubjectRe: [Csnd] CsoundQT install instructions
Nice

Dr. Richard Boulanger
Professor
Electronic Production and Design