[Csnd] 6.14.0: Windows Build Fixed

Subject[Csnd] 6.14.0: Windows Build Fixed
Hi All,

Working with Stephen Kyne, we went through and made a number of
changes to get the Csound build to work on Windows.  Csound, CsoundQt,
and plugins should all be loading and running now.

The installer and binaries releases were updated with the newer build.
We did some basic tests both on the commandline and in CsoundQt.  If
you find an issue, please report it or file an issue on the Csound
issues tracker.

Thanks,
Steven

FromTarmo Johannes
SubjectRe: [Csnd] 6.14.0: Windows Build Fixed
Hi,

I downloaded and tried with wine under Linux and it worked fine. I am sure then it is OK on real Windows, too. Thanks a lot!
By the way, the link on  https://csound.com/download.html is the old one, probably
The one on  github release page is correct:

Best greetings!
tarmo

Kontakt Steven Yi (<stevenyi@gmail.com>) kirjutas kuupäeval P, 2. veebruar 2020 kell 05:47:
Hi All,

Working with Stephen Kyne, we went through and made a number of
changes to get the Csound build to work on Windows.  Csound, CsoundQt,
and plugins should all be loading and running now.

The installer and binaries releases were updated with the newer build.
We did some basic tests both on the commandline and in CsoundQt.  If
you find an issue, please report it or file an issue on the Csound
issues tracker.

Thanks,
Steven

FromMarc Demers
Subject[Csnd] RE=?iso-8859-1?Q?=A0=3A_?=[Csnd] 6.14.0: Windows Build Fixed

Hi Tarmo,

It still crashed and ask for an inflateValidate which is not in the Following dynamics Library : C:\Program Files\Csound6_x64\plugins64\

Image.dll

Thansk for all your hard work,

Marc

Provenance : Courrier pour Windows 10

De : Tarmo Johannes
Envoyé le :dimanche 2 février 2020 08:29
À : CSOUND@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE
Objet :Re: [Csnd] 6.14.0: Windows Build Fixed

[...]

The correct English translation shall be : procedure entry point "inflateValidate" not found in C:\Program Files\Csound6_x64\plugins64\image.dll

Provenance : Courrier pour Windows 10

De : Tarmo Johannes
Envoyé le :dimanche 2 février 2020 08:29
À : CSOUND@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE

[...]

SubjectRe: [Csnd] RE : [Csnd] 6.14.0: Windows Build Fixed
Hi Marc,

Some questions to help diagnose:

1. Is this Windows 10?
2. Did you run uninstall before installing this installer?  If not,
could you try that, making sure the C:|program Files\Csound6_x64
folder is clear before installation?
3. Did you use the default paths for installation?  And did you add
C:\Program Files\Csound6_x64\bin to your path?  (The installer should
have done that for you)
4. In C:\Program Files\Csound6_x64\bin, do you see a zlib1.dll?  This
is the library that provides inflateValidate for the image opcodes.

Thanks,
Steven

On Sun, Feb 2, 2020 at 11:09 AM Marc Demers  wrote:

> The correct English translation shall be : procedure entry point "inflateValidate" not found in C:\Program Files\Csound6_x64\plugins64\image.dll
>

> Provenance : Courrier pour Windows 10
>

> De : Tarmo Johannes
> Envoyé le :dimanche 2 février 2020 08:29
> À : CSOUND@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE
> Objet :Re: [Csnd] 6.14.0: Windows Build Fixed
>

> Hi,
>

> I downloaded and tried with wine under Linux and it worked fine. I am sure then it is OK on real Windows, too. Thanks a lot!
>
> By the way, the link on  https://csound.com/download.html is the old one, probably
>
> The one on  github release page is correct:
>
> https://github.com/csound/csound/releases/download/6.14.0/Csound6.14.0-Windows_x64-installer.exe
>

> Best greetings!
>
> tarmo
>

> Kontakt Steven Yi () kirjutas kuupäeval P, 2. veebruar 2020 kell 05:47:
>
> Hi All,
>
> Working with Stephen Kyne, we went through and made a number of
> changes to get the Csound build to work on Windows.  Csound, CsoundQt,
> and plugins should all be loading and running now.
>
> The installer and binaries releases were updated with the newer build.
> We did some basic tests both on the commandline and in CsoundQt.  If
> you find an issue, please report it or file an issue on the Csound
> issues tracker.
>
> Thanks,
> Steven

FromMarc Demers
Subject[Csnd] RE=?Windows-1252?Q?=A0=3A_?=[Csnd] RE : [Csnd] 6.14.0: Windows Build Fixed

Hi Steven,

  1. Windows Pro 10
  2. I have uninstalled the previous version
  3. I use the default paths and it’s correct
  4. There is a zlib1.dll in the C:\Program Files\Csound6_x64\bin

Regards,

De : Steven Yi
Envoyé le :dimanche 2 février 2020 11:25
À : CSOUND@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE
Objet :Re: [Csnd] RE : [Csnd] 6.14.0: Windows Build Fixed

On Sun, Feb 2, 2020 at 11:09 AM Marc Demers <caecos@hotmail.ca> wrote:

> The correct English translation shall be : procedure entry point "inflateValidate" not found in C:\Program Files\Csound6_x64\plugins64\image.dll
>

> Provenance : Courrier pour Windows 10
>

> De : Tarmo Johannes
> Envoyé le :dimanche 2 février 2020 08:29
> À : CSOUND@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE
> Objet :Re: [Csnd] 6.14.0: Windows Build Fixed
>

> Hi,
>

> I downloaded and tried with wine under Linux and it worked fine. I am sure then it is OK on real Windows, too. Thanks a lot!
>
> By the way, the link on  https://csound.com/download.html is the old one, probably
>
> The one on  github release page is correct:
>
> https://github.com/csound/csound/releases/download/6.14.0/Csound6.14.0-Windows_x64-installer.exe
>

> Best greetings!
>
> tarmo
>

> Kontakt Steven Yi (<stevenyi@gmail.com>) kirjutas kuupäeval P, 2. veebruar 2020 kell 05:47:
>
> Hi All,
>
> Working with Stephen Kyne, we went through and made a number of
> changes to get the Csound build to work on Windows.  Csound, CsoundQt,
> and plugins should all be loading and running now.
>
> The installer and binaries releases were updated with the newer build.
> We did some basic tests both on the commandline and in CsoundQt.  If
> you find an issue, please report it or file an issue on the Csound
> issues tracker.
>
> Thanks,
> Steven

>         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

SubjectRe: [Csnd] RE : [Csnd] RE : [Csnd] 6.14.0: Windows Build Fixed
Hi Marc,

Could you try installing the VC runtime redistributable found here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

The file should be vc_redist.x64.exe.  If this does fix the issue, we
can modify our installer to include running the redist installation as
part of the installer.

Steven

On Sun, Feb 2, 2020 at 11:37 AM Marc Demers  wrote:

> Hi Steven,
>

> Windows Pro 10
> I have uninstalled the previous version
> I use the default paths and it’s correct
> There is a zlib1.dll in the C:\Program Files\Csound6_x64\bin
>

> Regards,
>

> Marc
>

> Provenance : Courrier pour Windows 10
>

> De : Steven Yi
> Envoyé le :dimanche 2 février 2020 11:25
> À : CSOUND@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE
> Objet :Re: [Csnd] RE : [Csnd] 6.14.0: Windows Build Fixed
>

> Hi Marc,
>
> Some questions to help diagnose:
>
> 1. Is this Windows 10?
> 2. Did you run uninstall before installing this installer?  If not,
> could you try that, making sure the C:|program Files\Csound6_x64
> folder is clear before installation?
> 3. Did you use the default paths for installation?  And did you add
> C:\Program Files\Csound6_x64\bin to your path?  (The installer should
> have done that for you)
> 4. In C:\Program Files\Csound6_x64\bin, do you see a zlib1.dll?  This
> is the library that provides inflateValidate for the image opcodes.
>
> Thanks,
> Steven
>
> On Sun, Feb 2, 2020 at 11:09 AM Marc Demers  wrote:
> >
> > The correct English translation shall be : procedure entry point "inflateValidate" not found in C:\Program Files\Csound6_x64\plugins64\image.dll
> >

> > Provenance : Courrier pour Windows 10
> >

> > De : Tarmo Johannes
> > Envoyé le :dimanche 2 février 2020 08:29
> > À : CSOUND@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE
> > Objet :Re: [Csnd] 6.14.0: Windows Build Fixed
> >

> > Hi,
> >

> > I downloaded and tried with wine under Linux and it worked fine. I am sure then it is OK on real Windows, too. Thanks a lot!
> >
> > By the way, the link on  https://csound.com/download.html is the old one, probably
> >
> > The one on  github release page is correct:
> >
> > https://github.com/csound/csound/releases/download/6.14.0/Csound6.14.0-Windows_x64-installer.exe
> >

> > Best greetings!
> >
> > tarmo
> >

> > Kontakt Steven Yi () kirjutas kuupäeval P, 2. veebruar 2020 kell 05:47:
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Working with Stephen Kyne, we went through and made a number of
> > changes to get the Csound build to work on Windows.  Csound, CsoundQt,
> > and plugins should all be loading and running now.
> >
> > The installer and binaries releases were updated with the newer build.
> > We did some basic tests both on the commandline and in CsoundQt.  If
> > you find an issue, please report it or file an issue on the Csound
> > issues tracker.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Steven
> >
> > Csound mailing list
> > Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
> > https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
> > Send bugs reports to
> >         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
> > Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

FromMarc Demers
Subject[Csnd] RE=?Windows-1252?Q?=A0=3A_?=[Csnd] RE : [Csnd] RE : [Csnd] 6.14.0: Windows Build Fixed

Hi Steven,

I have installed the VC runtime. Prior to it, I have uninstalled Csound. Afterward, I have reinstalled Csound and CsoundQt works fine. But, is the installation of the runtime or the erasing of the zlib1.dll in the System32 folder that solve the problem ? I have put back the zlib1.dll in the System32 folder and CsoundQt still works fine. So both solution seems to solve the problem but your’s is more convenient.

As a last test, I have installed the latest AppVeyor version – without uninstalling Csound -  and CsoundQt works…so you got it right !

De : Steven Yi
Envoyé le :dimanche 2 février 2020 12:23
À : CSOUND@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE
Objet :Re: [Csnd] RE : [Csnd] RE : [Csnd] 6.14.0: Windows Build Fixed

On Sun, Feb 2, 2020 at 11:37 AM Marc Demers <caecos@hotmail.ca> wrote:

> [...]
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Working with Stephen Kyne, we went through and made a number of
> > changes to get the Csound build to work on Windows.  Csound, CsoundQt,
> > and plugins should all be loading and running now.
> >
> > The installer and binaries releases were updated with the newer build.
> > We did some basic tests both on the commandline and in CsoundQt.  If
> > you find an issue, please report it or file an issue on the Csound
> > issues tracker.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Steven
> >
> > Csound mailing list
> > Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
> > https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
> > Send bugs reports to
> >         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
> > Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

SubjectRe: [Csnd] RE : [Csnd] RE : [Csnd] RE : [Csnd] 6.14.0: Windows Build Fixed
Hi Marc,

Thanks for working through this. Seems like the VC runtime
redistributable is the issue then. We'll have to rework the installer
to install these if they are not available on the target system.  For
the short-term, we'll direct people to use the link to install
separately.

Glad this is now working there!

Steven

On Sun, Feb 2, 2020 at 2:23 PM Marc Demers  wrote:

> [...]
> > > and plugins should all be loading and running now.
> > >
> > > The installer and binaries releases were updated with the newer build.
> > > We did some basic tests both on the commandline and in CsoundQt.  If
> > > you find an issue, please report it or file an issue on the Csound
> > > issues tracker.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Steven
> > >
> > > Csound mailing list
> > > Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
> > > https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
> > > Send bugs reports to
> > >         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
> > > Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

> > Csound mailing list
> > Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
> > https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
> > Send bugs reports to
> >         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
> > Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

Subject[Csnd] RE=?Windows-1252?Q?=A0=3A_?=[Csnd] RE : [Csnd] RE : [Csnd] RE : [Csnd] 6.14.0: Windows Build Fixed

Hi Steven,

Thanks for you and all the team behind to have been fast at resolving this issue. But I should have used GitHub’s issue with this…

De : Steven Yi
Envoyé le :dimanche 2 février 2020 15:31
À : CSOUND@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE
Objet :Re: [Csnd] RE : [Csnd] RE : [Csnd] RE : [Csnd] 6.14.0: Windows Build Fixed

On Sun, Feb 2, 2020 at 2:23 PM Marc Demers <caecos@hotmail.ca> wrote:

> [...]
> > > and plugins should all be loading and running now.
> > >
> > > The installer and binaries releases were updated with the newer build.
> > > We did some basic tests both on the commandline and in CsoundQt.  If
> > > you find an issue, please report it or file an issue on the Csound
> > > issues tracker.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Steven
> > >
> > > Csound mailing list
> > > Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
> > > https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
> > > Send bugs reports to
> > >         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
> > > Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

> > Csound mailing list
> > Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
> > https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
> > Send bugs reports to
> >         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
> > Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

FromRory Walsh
SubjectRe: [Csnd] RE : [Csnd] RE : [Csnd] RE : [Csnd] RE : [Csnd] 6.14.0: Windows Build Fixed
I just tested this here and it looks to be working as expected. A huge thanks to Steven and Stephen for all the work they did in getting this issue resolved. Hats off to you both.

De : Steven Yi
Envoyé le :dimanche 2 février 2020 15:31
À : CSOUND@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE

> [...]

> > > We did some basic tests both on the commandline and in CsoundQt.  If
> > > you find an issue, please report it or file an issue on the Csound
> > > issues tracker.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Steven
> > >
> > > Csound mailing list
> > > Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
> > > https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
> > > Send bugs reports to
> > >         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
> > > Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

> > Csound mailing list
> > Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
> > https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
> > Send bugs reports to
> >         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
> > Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

>         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

SubjectRe: [Csnd] RE : [Csnd] RE : [Csnd] RE : [Csnd] RE : [Csnd] 6.14.0: Windows Build Fixed
Thanks Rory and Marc for the feedback, glad things are good now and
hope resolving the installation of the VC redistributable will fix
this issue for future releases.

All best,
Steven