[Csnd] peculiar csound behavior

Date2020-07-30 04:46
FromForrest Curo
Subject[Csnd] peculiar csound behavior
When I used thie method for logging an instrument's data & onset time, it worked.
itim times
S_event sprintf "i %f %f %f %f", p1, itim, p3, p4, p5
fprints "score.sco", S_event

and so did copying score.sco's events into the score section of the csd & replaying them.

It fails when I have the instrument write another instrument's number into score.sco.

It fails when I give it a fractional instrument number and when I give it a much larger number.

The resulting score looks correct:
<CsScore>
f0 7200
f1 0 1024 10 1
i 1 0 0.1 2 4

i 200 0 1
i 201 1 7200 ;Recording Instrument PLAYS A NOTE FOR 2 HOURs

i 101  1      0.10 2 4
i 101  5.532  0.10 3 4
i 102 6.972 0.10 7 10 11
i 103  10.223  0.10 2
i 104  15.308  0.10 8
i 105  20.741  0.10 98
i 104  21.693  0.10 8
i 111  22.970  -1.00 57 40
================

but the output is puzzling:
new alloc for instr 1:
instr 1:  #i3 = 2.000  #i4 = 4.000
new alloc for instr 101:
WARNING: instr 101 uses 5 p-fields but is given 1
instr 101:  #i2 = 0.000  #i3 = 0.000
WARNING: instr 101 uses 5 p-fields but is given 1
instr 101:  #i2 = 0.000  #i3 = 0.000
new alloc for instr 103:
WARNING: instr 103 uses 4 p-fields but is given 1
instr 103:  gifund = 8.000
new alloc for instr 104:
WARNING: instr 104 uses 4 p-fields but is given 1
WARNING: instr 104 uses 4 p-fields but is given 1
new alloc for instr 105:
WARNING: instr 105 uses 4 p-fields but is given 1
new alloc for instr 111:
WARNING: instr 111 uses 5 p-fields but is given 1
instr 111:  111 = 111.000  p4 = 0.000  p5 = 0.000
instr 111:  p2 = 0.000  imod = 0.000  ibw = 1.000
new alloc for instr 200:
new alloc for instr 121:
B  0.000 ..  1.000 T  1.000 TT  1.000 M:  0.00000  0.00000
new alloc for instr 201:
^C

(?)
Forrest Curo
San Diego

SubjectRe: [Csnd] peculiar csound behavior
did you try with %d as format specifier for normal instruments?
and perhaps something like %.2f for fractional instruments?

On 30/07/2020 05:46, Forrest Curo wrote:
> It fails when I have the instrument write another instrument's number
> into score.sco.
>
> It fails when I give it a fractional instrument number and when I give
> it a much larger number.

FromForrest Curo
SubjectRe: [Csnd] peculiar csound behavior
Yes. Both of these.
In any case this is a text file written by gedit, no way I know of to sneak in a hidden character.

Could using -L and --port=4567 disrupt normal score processing?

On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 1:27 AM joachim heintz <jh@joachimheintz.de> wrote:
did you try with %d as format specifier for normal instruments?
and perhaps something like %.2f for fractional instruments?

On 30/07/2020 05:46, Forrest Curo wrote:
> It fails when I have the instrument write another instrument's number
> into score.sco.
>
> It fails when I give it a fractional instrument number and when I give
> it a much larger number.

FromForrest Curo
SubjectRe: [Csnd] peculiar csound behavior
Checking...
putting a ';' before  -L "home/forrest/testfif" --port=4567
stops my rt input but doesn't change the score-reading glitch.

On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 7:02 AM Forrest Curo <treegestalt@gmail.com> wrote:
Yes. Both of these.
In any case this is a text file written by gedit, no way I know of to sneak in a hidden character.

Could using -L and --port=4567 disrupt normal score processing?

On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 1:27 AM joachim heintz <jh@joachimheintz.de> wrote:
did you try with %d as format specifier for normal instruments?
and perhaps something like %.2f for fractional instruments?

On 30/07/2020 05:46, Forrest Curo wrote:
> It fails when I have the instrument write another instrument's number
> into score.sco.
>
> It fails when I give it a fractional instrument number and when I give
> it a much larger number.

FromForrest Curo
SubjectRe: [Csnd] peculiar csound behavior
Wow!
Here is what the score file looks like in Scite:

i 102 0.00 0.10 2 4
i 103 0.00 0.10 7 8 11
i 105 0.00 0.10 14
i 106 0.000 0.10 83
i 111 7.34 -1.00 83 44
i 111 7.88 -1.00 81 32
i 111 8.11 -1.00 79 41
i 111 8.41 -1.00 77 25
i 111 8.53 -1.00 79 0
i 111 8.55 -1.00 81 0
i 111 8.64 -1.00 77 0
i 111 8.69 -1.00 83 0
i 111 9.06 -1.00 59 22
i 111 9.09 -1.00 67 26
i 111 9.44 -1.00 73 48
i 111 9.64 -1.00 75 26
i 111 9.73 -1.00 67 0
i 111 9.75 -1.00 59 0
i 111 10.06 -1.00 73 0
i 111 10.16 -1.00 75 0
i 111 10.72 -1.00 78 27
i 111 11.27 -1.00 78 0

What puts the ;Â'  in front of %.2f 's?

On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 7:35 AM Forrest Curo <treegestalt@gmail.com> wrote:
Checking...
putting a ';' before  -L "home/forrest/testfif" --port=4567
stops my rt input but doesn't change the score-reading glitch.

On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 7:02 AM Forrest Curo <treegestalt@gmail.com> wrote:
Yes. Both of these.
In any case this is a text file written by gedit, no way I know of to sneak in a hidden character.

Could using -L and --port=4567 disrupt normal score processing?

On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 1:27 AM joachim heintz <jh@joachimheintz.de> wrote:
did you try with %d as format specifier for normal instruments?
and perhaps something like %.2f for fractional instruments?

On 30/07/2020 05:46, Forrest Curo wrote:
> It fails when I have the instrument write another instrument's number
> into score.sco.
>
> It fails when I give it a fractional instrument number and when I give
> it a much larger number.

FromForrest Curo
SubjectRe: [Csnd] peculiar csound behavior
Reading the score.sco file in Scite, I can do a search/replace of  'Â ' to ' '.
Pasting the resulting text into the csd plays!

I'm okay with this -- but whence cometh the 'Â ' before floats????

On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 11:40 AM Forrest Curo <treegestalt@gmail.com> wrote:
Wow!
Here is what the score file looks like in Scite:

i 102 0.00 0.10 2 4
i 103 0.00 0.10 7 8 11
i 105 0.00 0.10 14
i 106 0.000 0.10 83
i 111 7.34 -1.00 83 44
i 111 7.88 -1.00 81 32
i 111 8.11 -1.00 79 41
i 111 8.41 -1.00 77 25
i 111 8.53 -1.00 79 0
i 111 8.55 -1.00 81 0
i 111 8.64 -1.00 77 0
i 111 8.69 -1.00 83 0
i 111 9.06 -1.00 59 22
i 111 9.09 -1.00 67 26
i 111 9.44 -1.00 73 48
i 111 9.64 -1.00 75 26
i 111 9.73 -1.00 67 0
i 111 9.75 -1.00 59 0
i 111 10.06 -1.00 73 0
i 111 10.16 -1.00 75 0
i 111 10.72 -1.00 78 27
i 111 11.27 -1.00 78 0

What puts the ;Â'  in front of %.2f 's?

On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 7:35 AM Forrest Curo <treegestalt@gmail.com> wrote:
Checking...
putting a ';' before  -L "home/forrest/testfif" --port=4567
stops my rt input but doesn't change the score-reading glitch.

On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 7:02 AM Forrest Curo <treegestalt@gmail.com> wrote:
Yes. Both of these.
In any case this is a text file written by gedit, no way I know of to sneak in a hidden character.

Could using -L and --port=4567 disrupt normal score processing?

On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 1:27 AM joachim heintz <jh@joachimheintz.de> wrote:
did you try with %d as format specifier for normal instruments?
and perhaps something like %.2f for fractional instruments?

On 30/07/2020 05:46, Forrest Curo wrote:
> It fails when I have the instrument write another instrument's number
> into score.sco.
>
> It fails when I give it a fractional instrument number and when I give
> it a much larger number.

FromJustin Smith
SubjectRe: [Csnd] peculiar csound behavior
I've dealt with this myself (and similarly find it frustrating), if I
recall correctly it is an escape code that causes highlighting in a
TTY, and I have looked for (and failed to find) a csound flag that
would turn these off

On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 11:52 AM Forrest Curo  wrote:

> Reading the score.sco file in Scite, I can do a search/replace of  'Â ' to ' '.
> Pasting the resulting text into the csd plays!
>
> I'm okay with this -- but whence cometh the 'Â ' before floats????
>
> On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 11:40 AM Forrest Curo  wrote:
>>
>> Wow!
>> Here is what the score file looks like in Scite:
>>
>> i 102Â 0.00Â 0.10 2 4
>> i 103 0.00 0.10 7 8 11
>> i 105Â 0.00Â 0.10 14
>> i 106Â 0.000Â 0.10 83
>> i 111Â 7.34Â -1.00 83 44
>> i 111Â 7.88Â -1.00 81 32
>> i 111Â 8.11Â -1.00 79 41
>> i 111Â 8.41Â -1.00 77 25
>> i 111Â 8.53Â -1.00 79 0
>> i 111Â 8.55Â -1.00 81 0
>> i 111Â 8.64Â -1.00 77 0
>> i 111Â 8.69Â -1.00 83 0
>> i 111Â 9.06Â -1.00 59 22
>> i 111Â 9.09Â -1.00 67 26
>> i 111Â 9.44Â -1.00 73 48
>> i 111Â 9.64Â -1.00 75 26
>> i 111Â 9.73Â -1.00 67 0
>> i 111Â 9.75Â -1.00 59 0
>> i 111Â 10.06Â -1.00 73 0
>> i 111Â 10.16Â -1.00 75 0
>> i 111Â 10.72Â -1.00 78 27
>> i 111Â 11.27Â -1.00 78 0
>>
>> What puts the ;Â'  in front of %.2f 's?
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 7:35 AM Forrest Curo  wrote:
>>>
>>> Checking...
>>> putting a ';' before  -L "home/forrest/testfif" --port=4567
>>> stops my rt input but doesn't change the score-reading glitch.

SubjectRe: [Csnd] peculiar csound behavior
Odd, I wonder if this is affected by the -+msg_color flag:

-+msg_color=boolean

Enable message attributes (colors etc.); might need to be disabled on some terminals which print strange characters instead of modifying text attributes. default: true.

I typically turn off msg_colors in a number of scenarios. I wouldn't have imagined that being a factor with fprints but, if the above flag does affect this situation, it may simplify what to investigate.

Forrest, could you give the above a try?

On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 11:52 AM Forrest Curo <treegestalt@gmail.com> wrote:

> Reading the score.sco file in Scite, I can do a search/replace of  'Â ' to ' '.
> Pasting the resulting text into the csd plays!
>
> I'm okay with this -- but whence cometh the 'Â ' before floats????
>
> On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 11:40 AM Forrest Curo <treegestalt@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Wow!
>> Here is what the score file looks like in Scite:
>>
>> i 102Â 0.00Â 0.10 2 4
>> i 103 0.00 0.10 7 8 11
>> i 105Â 0.00Â 0.10 14
>> i 106Â 0.000Â 0.10 83
>> i 111Â 7.34Â -1.00 83 44
>> i 111Â 7.88Â -1.00 81 32
>> i 111Â 8.11Â -1.00 79 41
>> i 111Â 8.41Â -1.00 77 25
>> i 111Â 8.53Â -1.00 79 0
>> i 111Â 8.55Â -1.00 81 0
>> i 111Â 8.64Â -1.00 77 0
>> i 111Â 8.69Â -1.00 83 0
>> i 111Â 9.06Â -1.00 59 22
>> i 111Â 9.09Â -1.00 67 26
>> i 111Â 9.44Â -1.00 73 48
>> i 111Â 9.64Â -1.00 75 26
>> i 111Â 9.73Â -1.00 67 0
>> i 111Â 9.75Â -1.00 59 0
>> i 111Â 10.06Â -1.00 73 0
>> i 111Â 10.16Â -1.00 75 0
>> i 111Â 10.72Â -1.00 78 27
>> i 111Â 11.27Â -1.00 78 0
>>
>> What puts the ;Â'  in front of %.2f 's?
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 7:35 AM Forrest Curo <treegestalt@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Checking...
>>> putting a ';' before  -L "home/forrest/testfif" --port=4567
>>> stops my rt input but doesn't change the score-reading glitch.

FromForrest Curo
SubjectRe: [Csnd] peculiar csound behavior
Like this?
csound -B 4096 -+rtaudio=jack  -o dac -L "/home/forrest/testfif" ;--port=4567
--midioutfile=midi1 -+msg_color=false

If that was correct, no effect.

On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 1:10 PM Steven Yi <stevenyi@gmail.com> wrote:
Odd, I wonder if this is affected by the -+msg_color flag:

-+msg_color=boolean

Enable message attributes (colors etc.); might need to be disabled on some terminals which print strange characters instead of modifying text attributes. default: true.

I typically turn off msg_colors in a number of scenarios. I wouldn't have imagined that being a factor with fprints but, if the above flag does affect this situation, it may simplify what to investigate.

Forrest, could you give the above a try?

On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 4:04 PM Justin Smith <noisesmith@gmail.com> wrote:
I've dealt with this myself (and similarly find it frustrating), if I
recall correctly it is an escape code that causes highlighting in a
TTY, and I have looked for (and failed to find) a csound flag that
would turn these off

On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 11:52 AM Forrest Curo <treegestalt@gmail.com> wrote:

> Reading the score.sco file in Scite, I can do a search/replace of  'Â ' to ' '.
> Pasting the resulting text into the csd plays!
>
> I'm okay with this -- but whence cometh the 'Â ' before floats????
>
> On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 11:40 AM Forrest Curo <treegestalt@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Wow!
>> Here is what the score file looks like in Scite:
>>
>> i 102Â 0.00Â 0.10 2 4
>> i 103 0.00 0.10 7 8 11
>> i 105Â 0.00Â 0.10 14
>> i 106Â 0.000Â 0.10 83
>> i 111Â 7.34Â -1.00 83 44
>> i 111Â 7.88Â -1.00 81 32
>> i 111Â 8.11Â -1.00 79 41
>> i 111Â 8.41Â -1.00 77 25
>> i 111Â 8.53Â -1.00 79 0
>> i 111Â 8.55Â -1.00 81 0
>> i 111Â 8.64Â -1.00 77 0
>> i 111Â 8.69Â -1.00 83 0
>> i 111Â 9.06Â -1.00 59 22
>> i 111Â 9.09Â -1.00 67 26
>> i 111Â 9.44Â -1.00 73 48
>> i 111Â 9.64Â -1.00 75 26
>> i 111Â 9.73Â -1.00 67 0
>> i 111Â 9.75Â -1.00 59 0
>> i 111Â 10.06Â -1.00 73 0
>> i 111Â 10.16Â -1.00 75 0
>> i 111Â 10.72Â -1.00 78 27
>> i 111Â 11.27Â -1.00 78 0
>>
>> What puts the ;Â'  in front of %.2f 's?
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 7:35 AM Forrest Curo <treegestalt@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Checking...
>>> putting a ';' before  -L "home/forrest/testfif" --port=4567
>>> stops my rt input but doesn't change the score-reading glitch.

FromPete Goodeve
SubjectRe: [Csnd] peculiar csound behavior
AttachmentsNone

Date2020-07-31 02:16
FromForrest Curo
SubjectRe: [Csnd] peculiar csound behavior
That is extremely strange, and I can't see why 102 from instrument 2 would have the marks, while instr 103 from instr 3 wouldn't:
instr 2;     low notes of scale, degrees 1 & 2
itim times
ip = p1 + 100
S_event sprintf "i %d %.2f %.2f %d %d\n", ip, itim, p3, p4, p5
fprints "score.sco", S_event
giscale[1] = p4;
giscale[2] = p5;
print giscale[1], giscale[2]
endin

instr 3; higher notes, degrees 4, 5, 6
itim times
ip = p1 + 100

S_event sprintf "i %d %.2f %.2f %d %d %d\n", ip, itim, p3, p4, p5, p6
fprints "score.sco", S_event
giscale[4] = p4;
giscale[5] = p5;
giscale[6] = p6;
print giscale[4], giscale[5], giscale[6]
endin

On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 5:45 PM Pete Goodeve <pete.goodeve@computer.org> wrote:
This is strange.  I've hit (and been annoyed by) the 'esc-[m' sequence
that invariably prefixes 'rtevent' lines,  but I'm not getting wht Forrest
is seeing. I'm currently in Haiku, not Linux (as I assume) but the code
in that area should be identical.

Here's my test csd:

<CsoundSynthesizer>

<CsOptions>
-m0 -d -L stdin -odac
</CsOptions>

<CsInstruments>
sr     = 48000
ksmps  = 48
0dbfs = 1.0
nchnls = 2
instr 1
itim times
S_event sprintf "i %.2f %.2f %.2f %.2f %.2f", p1, itim, p3, p4, p5
fprints "scoretest.sco", S_event
endin
</CsInstruments>

<CsScore>
i1.11 0 1.23 22.34 33.456
</CsScore>

</CsoundSynthesizer>

and the resulting 'scoretest.sco' is perfectly clean (as viewed with 'od -c').

Forrest, I notice the second line of your printout doesn't have the odd chars.
What was different?

        -- Pete --

On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 01:04:09PM -0700, Justin Smith wrote:
> I've dealt with this myself (and similarly find it frustrating), if I
> recall correctly it is an escape code that causes highlighting in a
> TTY, and I have looked for (and failed to find) a csound flag that
> would turn these off
>
> On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 11:52 AM Forrest Curo <treegestalt@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Reading the score.sco file in Scite, I can do a search/replace of  'Â ' to ' '.
> > Pasting the resulting text into the csd plays!
> >
> > I'm okay with this -- but whence cometh the 'Â ' before floats????
> >
> > On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 11:40 AM Forrest Curo <treegestalt@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Wow!
> >> Here is what the score file looks like in Scite:
> >>
> >> i 102Â 0.00Â 0.10 2 4
> >> i 103 0.00 0.10 7 8 11
> >> i 105Â 0.00Â 0.10 14
> >> i 106Â 0.000Â 0.10 83
> >> i 111Â 7.34Â -1.00 83 44
> >> i 111Â 7.88Â -1.00 81 32
> >> i 111Â 8.11Â -1.00 79 41
> >> i 111Â 8.41Â -1.00 77 25
> >> i 111Â 8.53Â -1.00 79 0
> >> i 111Â 8.55Â -1.00 81 0
> >> i 111Â 8.64Â -1.00 77 0
> >> i 111Â 8.69Â -1.00 83 0
> >> i 111Â 9.06Â -1.00 59 22
> >> i 111Â 9.09Â -1.00 67 26
> >> i 111Â 9.44Â -1.00 73 48
> >> i 111Â 9.64Â -1.00 75 26
> >> i 111Â 9.73Â -1.00 67 0
> >> i 111Â 9.75Â -1.00 59 0
> >> i 111Â 10.06Â -1.00 73 0
> >> i 111Â 10.16Â -1.00 75 0
> >> i 111Â 10.72Â -1.00 78 27
> >> i 111Â 11.27Â -1.00 78 0
> >>
> >> What puts the ;Â'  in front of %.2f 's?

FromPete Goodeve
SubjectRe: [Csnd] peculiar csound behavior
AttachmentsNone

Date2020-07-31 04:21
FromForrest Curo
SubjectRe: [Csnd] peculiar csound behavior
The -L will only function in linux. That's how I'm getting the realtime notes I want to log.

Both instr 2 and instr 3 are in the written score at time 0, duration 0.1

On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 6:49 PM Pete Goodeve <pete.goodeve@computer.org> wrote:
Dunhh -- this is just zany!  I copied your CSD code below verbatim
(adding a giscale array init) and ran it for instrs 1&2 with the same
arbitrary values I used for instr 1, and see only ASCII!

I'll switch over to Linux, just in case...

        -- Pete --

On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 06:16:21PM -0700, Forrest Curo wrote:
> [...]
> >
> > Forrest, I notice the second line of your printout doesn't have the odd
> > chars.
> > What was different?
> >
> >         -- Pete --
> >

> > On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 01:04:09PM -0700, Justin Smith wrote:
> > > I've dealt with this myself (and similarly find it frustrating), if I
> > > recall correctly it is an escape code that causes highlighting in a
> > > TTY, and I have looked for (and failed to find) a csound flag that
> > > would turn these off

> > ' to ' '.

> > Csound mailing list
> > Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
> > https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
> > Send bugs reports to
> >         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
> > Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

FromPete Goodeve
SubjectRe: [Csnd] peculiar csound behavior

Date2020-07-31 14:35
FromForrest Curo
SubjectRe: [Csnd] peculiar csound behavior
Something different? Negative p3 in  instrument 11. But instr 3, which doesn't do this, is effectively the same as instr 2, which does.

I can try reordering them in the score...

Anyway, the scite fix takes care of the actual problem: using that I can feed one session's rt notes & changes into the next session's score.

On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 10:29 PM Pete Goodeve <pete.goodeve@computer.org> wrote:
On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 08:21:31PM -0700, Forrest Curo wrote:
> The -L will only function in linux
... and in Haiku... (:-))  I use it all the time.

> Both instr 2 and instr 3 are in the written score at time 0, duration 0.1

I've tried in Linux, and input events via -L, and the results are always
the same -- plain ASCII out.  The only way I could get that 'accented-A'
in the output is to insert it into to the sprintf string!

There *must* be something different in your actual code.

        -- Pete --

(I meant "instrs 2&3" below, of course!)

> On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 6:49 PM Pete Goodeve <pete.goodeve@computer.org>
> wrote:
>
> > Dunhh -- this is just zany!  I copied your CSD code below verbatim
> > (adding a giscale array init) and ran it for instrs 1&2 with the same
> > arbitrary values I used for instr 1, and see only ASCII!
> >
> > I'll switch over to Linux, just in case...
> >
> >         -- Pete --
> >
> > On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 06:16:21PM -0700, Forrest Curo wrote:
> > > That is extremely strange, and I can't see why 102 from instrument 2
> > would
> > > have the marks, while instr 103 from instr 3 wouldn't:
> > > instr 2;     low notes of scale, degrees 1 & 2
> > > itim times
> > > ip = p1 + 100
> > > S_event sprintf "i %d %.2f %.2f %d %d\n", ip, itim, p3, p4, p5
> > > fprints "score.sco", S_event
> > > giscale[1] = p4;
> > > giscale[2] = p5;
> > > print giscale[1], giscale[2]
> > > endin
> > >
> > > instr 3; higher notes, degrees 4, 5, 6
> > > itim times
> > > ip = p1 + 100
> > >
> > > S_event sprintf "i %d %.2f %.2f %d %d %d\n", ip, itim, p3, p4, p5, p6
> > > fprints "score.sco", S_event
> > > giscale[4] = p4;
> > > giscale[5] = p5;
> > > giscale[6] = p6;
> > > print giscale[4], giscale[5], giscale[6]
> > > endin

> > Forrest

> > 'od

> > 'Â

> > treegestalt@gmail.com>

> > > Csound mailing list
> > > Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
> > > https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
> > > Send bugs reports to
> > >         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
> > > Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here
> >
> > Csound mailing list
> > Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
> > https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
> > Send bugs reports to
> >         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
> > Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

Fromjohn
SubjectRe: [Csnd] peculiar csound behavior
It is multioe charactes

od -xc
i 102 0.00 0.10 2 4
0000000    2069    3031    c332    c282    30a0    302e    c330    c282
           i       1   0   2 303 202 302 240   0   .   0   0 303 202 302
0000020    30a0    312e    2030    2032    0a34
         240   0   .   1   0       2       4  \n
0000032

Unicode?

On Thu, 30 Jul 2020, Forrest Curo wrote:

> Wow!
> Here is what the score file looks like in Scite:
>
> i 102 0.00 0.10 2 4
> i 103 0.00 0.10 7 8 11
> i 105 0.00 0.10 14
> i 106 0.000 0.10 83
> i 111 7.34 -1.00 83 44
> i 111 7.88 -1.00 81 32
> i 111 8.11 -1.00 79 41
> i 111 8.41 -1.00 77 25
> i 111 8.53 -1.00 79 0
> i 111 8.55 -1.00 81 0
> i 111 8.64 -1.00 77 0
> i 111 8.69 -1.00 83 0
> i 111 9.06 -1.00 59 22
> i 111 9.09 -1.00 67 26
> i 111 9.44 -1.00 73 48
> i 111 9.64 -1.00 75 26
> i 111 9.73 -1.00 67 0
> i 111 9.75 -1.00 59 0
> i 111 10.06 -1.00 73 0
> i 111 10.16 -1.00 75 0
> i 111 10.72 -1.00 78 27
> i 111 11.27 -1.00 78 0
>
> What puts the ;Â'  in front of %.2f 's?
>
> On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 7:35 AM Forrest Curo
> wrote:
>       Checking...
> putting a ';' before  -L "home/forrest/testfif" --port=4567
> stops my rt input but doesn't change the score-reading glitch.
>
> On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 7:02 AM Forrest Curo
> wrote:
>       Yes. Both of these.
> In any case this is a text file written by gedit, no way I
> know of to sneak in a hidden character.
>
> Could using -L and --port=4567 disrupt normal score
> processing?
>

> On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 1:27 AM joachim heintz
>  wrote:
>       did you try with %d as format specifier for normal
>       instruments?
>       and perhaps something like %.2f for fractional
>       instruments?
>

>       On 30/07/2020 05:46, Forrest Curo wrote:
>       > It fails when I have the instrument write
>       another instrument's number
>       > into score.sco.
>       >
>       > It fails when I give it a fractional instrument
>       number and when I give
>       > it a much larger number.
>
>       Csound mailing list
>       Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
>       https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>       Send bugs reports to
>               https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>       Discussions of bugs and features can be posted
>       here

> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features
> can be posted here

FromForrest Curo
SubjectRe: [Csnd] peculiar csound behavior
We've got it!
The clue was that one of two virtually identical instruments didn't have the hidden 'Â '
Here they are again, as read by Scite; see the sprintf lines:

instr 2;     low notes of scale, degrees 1 & 2
itim times
ilast = 7
ip = p1 + 100
S_event sprintf "i %d %.2f %.2f %d %d\n", ip, itim, p3, p4, p5
fprints "score.sco", S_event
giscale[1] = p4;
giscale[2] = p5;
print giscale[1], giscale[2]
endin

instr 3; higher notes, degrees 4, 5, 6
itim times
ip = p1 + 100
S_event sprintf "i %d %.2f %.2f %d %d %d\n", ip, itim, p3, p4, p5, p6
fprints "score.sco", S_event
giscale[4] = p4;
giscale[5] = p5;
giscale[6] = p6;
print giscale[4], giscale[5], giscale[6]
endin

Sorry, all

On Fri, Jul 31, 2020 at 12:21 PM john <jpff@codemist.co.uk> wrote:
> [...]

> processing?
>

> On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 1:27 AM joachim heintz
> <jh@joachimheintz.de> wrote:
>       did you try with %d as format specifier for normal
>       instruments?
>       and perhaps something like %.2f for fractional
>       instruments?
>

>       On 30/07/2020 05:46, Forrest Curo wrote:
>       > It fails when I have the instrument write
>       another instrument's number
>       > into score.sco.
>       >
>       > It fails when I give it a fractional instrument
>       number and when I give
>       > it a much larger number.
>
>       Csound mailing list
>       Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
>       https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>       Send bugs reports to
>               https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>       Discussions of bugs and features can be posted

FromPete Goodeve