[Csnd] FLWidgets - FLmidiSet - Controller

Date2019-08-16 16:40
FromSlobodan Ivanovic
Subject[Csnd] FLWidgets - FLmidiSet - Controller
Hello, Csounders. I trying to move FLWidgets Knobs with my controller. I read that it is possible using "FLmidiSet" on Csound Manuals Website (http://www.csounds.com/maldonado/Manual/WidgetOpcodes.html), but I couldn't use it because it doesn't recognize the opcode I think. It is deprecated?

What I can do at the moment is use crtl7 and then FLsetVal opcodes, but I don't know if it is the "good way" of doing it.
Any suggestion on how it is possible to move FLWidgets Knobs with a controller other than the one I said?

Thank you!!!

FromRory Walsh
SubjectRe: [Csnd] FLWidgets - FLmidiSet - Controller
I think that's actually the only way to do it, i.e., using ctrl7 and FLSetVal?

On Fri, 16 Aug 2019 at 16:40, Slobodan Ivanovic <slobodanip@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello, Csounders. I trying to move FLWidgets Knobs with my controller. I read that it is possible using "FLmidiSet" on Csound Manuals Website (http://www.csounds.com/maldonado/Manual/WidgetOpcodes.html), but I couldn't use it because it doesn't recognize the opcode I think. It is deprecated?

What I can do at the moment is use crtl7 and then FLsetVal opcodes, but I don't know if it is the "good way" of doing it.
Any suggestion on how it is possible to move FLWidgets Knobs with a controller other than the one I said?

Thank you!!!

Fromjohn
On Fri, 16 Aug 2019, Slobodan Ivanovic wrote:

> Hello, Csounders. I trying to move FLWidgets Knobs with my controller. I
> read that it is possible using "FLmidiSet" on Csound Manuals Website
> (http://www.csounds.com/maldonado/Manual/WidgetOpcodes.html), but I
> couldn't use it because it doesn't recognize the opcode I think. It is
> deprecated?
>
> What I can do at the moment is use crtl7 and then FLsetVal opcodes, but
> I don't know if it is the "good way" of doing it. Any suggestion on how
> it is possible to move FLWidgets Knobs with a controller other than the
> one I said?

There has never been a FLmidiSet opcode in the main csound code.  I was
provided with some but not all files from Gabriel and most were
incorporated in to the main tree.

I wonder what other misleading bits there are in that URL. I never knew it
existed.

==John ff

FromRichard Knight
SubjectRe: [Csnd] FLWidgets - FLmidiSet - Controller
I wonder what other misleading bits there are in that URL. I never knew it
existed.

There are some unique bits of info there as well, eg when looking into fltk opcodes a few
months ago that was the only place I found a description of some strange behaviour
I noticed:

Notice that, when using FLsetVal_i to set the values of FLjoy, two adjacent instances
of FLsetVal_i are always required, the first matching the X value and the second the
Y value of FLjoy