[Csnd] mode question

Date2021-01-12 17:38
FromDave Seidel
Subject[Csnd] mode question
Can anyone tell me what the usable range is for the "xQ" parameter on the mode opcode? It's not spelled out in the documentation.

Thanks,
Dave

SubjectRe: [Csnd] mode question
Hi Dave,

I think the best way to think is Q = ƒr /BW and that higher Q is
narrower bandwidth and more of a pronounced resonance in effect. I put
together a short example that sweeps the Q value from .01 to 1000
here:

https://ide.csound.com/editor/8zYNlKNbhxBvL5K2Vo39

It's driven with noise bursts and you should be able to hear how much
ringing happens as the Q gets driven higher.  Hope that helps to get a
feel for the param!

steven

On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 12:39 PM Dave Seidel  wrote:

> Can anyone tell me what the usable range is for the "xQ" parameter on the mode opcode? It's not spelled out in the documentation.
>
> Thanks,
> Dave

FromDave Seidel
SubjectRe: [Csnd] mode question