[Csnd] New music: blood lust

Date2020-05-06 14:59
From"Jeanette C."
Subject[Csnd] New music: blood lust
Hey hey,
I just released an instrumental song called "Blood Lust" which has quite some
Csound involvement:
https://youtu.be/136ft7B1iOw

All Csound parts were rendered to disk and then loaded into a sampler,
sometimes for convenience, sometimes for CPU load. :) This features kick,
snare and hihat from something I'm working on, the spectrip oscillator, most
audibly in the "breakdown", the cubicon wavetable oscillator with vocal tables
(the S&H kind of sound), a harmonic sweep using a preparatory example for
Cubicon with hvs1 and adsynt. The vocals were "monsterised" with the
freqinverter. The beginning is just some pink noise into five parallel wave
guides (wguide1).

Enjoy (or not :) ) and best wishes,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

I'm reaching out to you
To find that you're not there <3
(Britney Spears)

FromJana Hübenthal
SubjectRe: [Csnd] New music: blood lust
Hi Jeanette,

nice track! I just realized you're running your own YT channel - lookin'
forward to browse through your videos...

Cheerio
Jana

Am 06.05.20 um 15:59 schrieb Jeanette C.:
> Hey hey,
> I just released an instrumental song called "Blood Lust" which has
> quite some Csound involvement:
> https://youtu.be/136ft7B1iOw
>
> All Csound parts were rendered to disk and then loaded into a sampler,
> sometimes for convenience, sometimes for CPU load. :) This features
> kick, snare and hihat from something I'm working on, the spectrip
> oscillator, most audibly in the "breakdown", the cubicon wavetable
> oscillator with vocal tables (the S&H kind of sound), a harmonic sweep
> using a preparatory example for Cubicon with hvs1 and adsynt. The
> vocals were "monsterised" with the freqinverter. The beginning is just
> some pink noise into five parallel wave guides (wguide1).
>
> Enjoy (or not :) ) and best wishes,
>
> Jeanette

From"Jeanette C."
SubjectRe: [Csnd] New music: blood lust
May 6 2020, Jana Hübenthal has written:
> nice track! I just realized you're running your own YT channel - lookin'
> forward to browse through your videos...
Thanks Jana, for both compliments.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

Where are you now, what have you found
Where is your heart, when I'm not around <3
(Britney Spears)

Fromfrancesco
SubjectRe: [Csnd] New music: blood lust
Nice! I really enjoyed the song. Thanks for sharing.

ciao,

francesco.

FromJeff Harrington
SubjectRe: [Csnd] New music: blood lust
Nice work!  Gave me a 90's EDM vibe (Aphex, Squarepusher etc.) .

Jeff

On 5/6/2020 3:59 PM, Jeanette C. wrote:
> Hey hey,
> I just released an instrumental song called "Blood Lust" which has
> quite some Csound involvement:
> https://youtu.be/136ft7B1iOw
>
> All Csound parts were rendered to disk and then loaded into a sampler,
> sometimes for convenience, sometimes for CPU load. :) This features
> kick, snare and hihat from something I'm working on, the spectrip
> oscillator, most audibly in the "breakdown", the cubicon wavetable
> oscillator with vocal tables (the S&H kind of sound), a harmonic sweep
> using a preparatory example for Cubicon with hvs1 and adsynt. The
> vocals were "monsterised" with the freqinverter. The beginning is just
> some pink noise into five parallel wave guides (wguide1).
>
> Enjoy (or not :) ) and best wishes,
>
> Jeanette

FromRory Walsh
SubjectRe: [Csnd] New music: blood lust
Thanks for sharing Jeannette. Nice stuff!

On Wed, 6 May 2020 at 19:08, Jeff Harrington <jeff@parnasse.com> wrote:
Nice work!  Gave me a 90's EDM vibe (Aphex, Squarepusher etc.) .

Jeff

On 5/6/2020 3:59 PM, Jeanette C. wrote:
> Hey hey,
> I just released an instrumental song called "Blood Lust" which has
> quite some Csound involvement:
> https://youtu.be/136ft7B1iOw
>
> All Csound parts were rendered to disk and then loaded into a sampler,
> sometimes for convenience, sometimes for CPU load. :) This features
> kick, snare and hihat from something I'm working on, the spectrip
> oscillator, most audibly in the "breakdown", the cubicon wavetable
> oscillator with vocal tables (the S&H kind of sound), a harmonic sweep
> using a preparatory example for Cubicon with hvs1 and adsynt. The
> vocals were "monsterised" with the freqinverter. The beginning is just
> some pink noise into five parallel wave guides (wguide1).
>
> Enjoy (or not :) ) and best wishes,
>
> Jeanette

FromPete Goodeve
SubjectRe: [Csnd] New music: blood lust
AttachmentsNone

Date2020-05-06 21:56
From"Jeanette C."
SubjectRe: [Csnd] New music: blood lust
Thanks Pete and everyone! It's nice to get feedback, even more so when
it's so lovely.
May 6 2020, Pete Goodeve has written:
> Had a definite Kraftwerk echo to me, which makes a nice tribute
> to Kraftwerk's Florian Scneider, who just died.
I just heard on SonicTalk. R.I.P. Florian Schneider.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

> Thanks,
>
> 	-- Pete --
>
> On Wed, May 06, 2020 at 03:59:01PM +0200, Jeanette C. wrote:
>> Hey hey,
>> I just released an instrumental song called "Blood Lust" which has quite
>> some Csound involvement:
>> https://youtu.be/136ft7B1iOw
>>
>> All Csound parts were rendered to disk and then loaded into a sampler,
>> sometimes for convenience, sometimes for CPU load. :) This features kick,
>> snare and hihat from something I'm working on, the spectrip oscillator, most
>> audibly in the "breakdown", the cubicon wavetable oscillator with vocal
>> tables (the S&H kind of sound), a harmonic sweep using a preparatory example
>> for Cubicon with hvs1 and adsynt. The vocals were "monsterised" with the
>> freqinverter. The beginning is just some pink noise into five parallel wave
>> guides (wguide1).
>>
>> Enjoy (or not :) ) and best wishes,
>>
>> Jeanette
>>
>> --
>>  * Website: http://juliencoder.de - for summer is a state of sound
>>  * Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMS4rfGrTwz8W7jhC1Jnv7g
>>  * SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/jeanette_c
>>  * Twitter: https://twitter.com/jeanette_c_s
>>  * Audiobombs: https://www.audiobombs.com/users/jeanette_c
>>  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c
>>
>> I'm reaching out to you
>> To find that you're not there <3
>> (Britney Spears)
>>
>> Csound mailing list
>> Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
>> Send bugs reports to
>>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

Where are you now, what have you found
Where is your heart, when I'm not around <3
(Britney Spears)

From"Dr. Richard Boulanger"
SubjectRe: [Csnd] New music: blood lust
Jeanette,

Super track - and I am a huge fan of all the instruments and work that you share on the list.
- I feature a lot of it in my classes at Berklee!

THANKS!

-dB
Dr. Richard Boulanger
Professor of Electronic Production and Design
Professional Writing and Music Technology Division
Berklee College of Music
OFFICE: 1126 Boylston St., Suite 201 (EPD), Suite 208 (Boulanger)

On Wed, May 6, 2020 at 9:58 AM Jeanette C. <julien@mail.upb.de> wrote:
[...]

May 14 2020, Dr. Richard Boulanger has written:
> Super track - and I am a huge fan of all the instruments and work that you
> share on the list.
Thank you!
> - I feature a lot of it in my classes at Berklee!
I feel honoured, Dr. B. It's lovely to hear that these things find a
use.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

Don't worry, you're gonna be alright,
But Cinderella's got to go <3
(Britney Spears)

From"Dr. Richard Boulanger"
SubjectRe: [Csnd] New music: blood lust
Your work inspires many!

On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 4:03 AM Jeanette C. <julien@mail.upb.de> wrote:
May 14 2020, Dr. Richard Boulanger has written:
> Super track - and I am a huge fan of all the instruments and work that you
> share on the list.
Thank you!