[Csnd] ctcsound and portaudio

Date2022-01-10 18:27
FromGuillermo Senna
Subject[Csnd] ctcsound and portaudio
Hi,

I'm trying to import ctcsound with Python3 in Windows 10. External opcodes load fine, but I can't make real time audio work ("unknown rtaudio module: 'PortAudio', using dummy module"). Any suggestions? Thanks!

Cheers.

FromGuillermo Senna
SubjectRe: [Csnd] ctcsound and portaudio
Update: this works -> cs.setOption("-+rtaudio=mme")

El lun, 10 ene 2022 a las 15:27, Guillermo Senna (<gsenna@gmail.com>) escribió:
Hi,

I'm trying to import ctcsound with Python3 in Windows 10. External opcodes load fine, but I can't make real time audio work ("unknown rtaudio module: 'PortAudio', using dummy module"). Any suggestions? Thanks!

Cheers.

SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] Re: [Csnd] ctcsound and portaudio
That's the mme module, very high latency. So -+rtaudio=rtpa does not work? Maybe a problem with portaudio.dll?

On 10 Jan 2022, at 18:31, Guillermo Senna <gsenna@gmail.com> wrote:

*Warning*

This email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.

Update: this works -> cs.setOption("-+rtaudio=mme")

El lun, 10 ene 2022 a las 15:27, Guillermo Senna (<gsenna@gmail.com>) escribió:
Hi,

I'm trying to import ctcsound with Python3 in Windows 10. External opcodes load fine, but I can't make real time audio work ("unknown rtaudio module: 'PortAudio', using dummy module"). Any suggestions? Thanks!

Cheers.

FromGuillermo Senna
SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] Re: [Csnd] ctcsound and portaudio
Hi Victor,

Neither -+rtaudio=portaudio nor -+rtaudio=rtpa. I'm not using it to play in real-time though, just wanted to hear the result after each compilation, so I'll stick to the old mme driver then.

El lun, 10 ene 2022 a las 16:44, Victor Lazzarini (<Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie>) escribió:
[...]

isn't there jack for windows?
https://jackaudio.org/downloads/

i guess it should be the best option ...

	joachim