[Semi-OT]: Looking for "music" recommendation

Date2019-11-04 22:18
From"Jeanette C."
Subject[Semi-OT]: Looking for "music" recommendation
Hey hey,
I recently listened to two pieces by composer Andreas Bick:
www.andreas-bick.de
(Drippings and Chronostasis)
these are maybe collages or scenes. Drippings, for example, simply consists of
water dripping on different material, into other containers with water or
fire. Only rarely with a rhythm to it.

Both pieces live by recorded sounds and the spaces there are placed in. There
is not much in the way of resynthesis or manipulation of the sounds. I
wouldn't even know how to call that genre, which makes searching for more in
imilar styles or with similar approaches quite hard.

What most drew me to these pieces is the inanimate realism, i.e. no voices or
human sounds or completely abstract synthetiic sounds, and the spaces.

It does, however, like pieces which could be realised with Csound or float
around in the neighbourhood of Csound.

So, can anyone recommend something? Stereo, binaural or in any format that can
be converted to binaural 3D or stereo with Csound? Maybe someone here has
played with that approach?

Sorry for cluttering, but it did seem the best place to ask.

Best wishes and thanks,

Jeanette

SubjectRe: [Semi-OT]: Looking for "music" recommendation
Thanks for the information about this piece!

Try YouTube and look at the hashtags for this and other similar
pieces. Also SoundCloud and other such services.

On Mon, Nov 4, 2019 at 5:18 PM Jeanette C.  wrote:

> Hey hey,
> I recently listened to two pieces by composer Andreas Bick:
> www.andreas-bick.de
> (Drippings and Chronostasis)
> these are maybe collages or scenes. Drippings, for example, simply consists of
> water dripping on different material, into other containers with water or
> fire. Only rarely with a rhythm to it.
>
> Both pieces live by recorded sounds and the spaces there are placed in. There
> is not much in the way of resynthesis or manipulation of the sounds. I
> wouldn't even know how to call that genre, which makes searching for more in
> imilar styles or with similar approaches quite hard.
>
> What most drew me to these pieces is the inanimate realism, i.e. no voices or
> human sounds or completely abstract synthetiic sounds, and the spaces.
>
> It does, however, like pieces which could be realised with Csound or float
> around in the neighbourhood of Csound.
>
> So, can anyone recommend something? Stereo, binaural or in any format that can
> be converted to binaural 3D or stereo with Csound? Maybe someone here has
> played with that approach?
>
> Sorry for cluttering, but it did seem the best place to ask.
>
> Best wishes and thanks,
>
> Jeanette
>
> --
>   * Website: http://juliencoder.de - for summer is a state of sound
>   * Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMS4rfGrTwz8W7jhC1Jnv7g
>   * SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/jeanette_c
>   * Twitter: https://twitter.com/jeanette_c_s
>   * Audiobombs: https://www.audiobombs.com/users/jeanette_c
>   * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c
>
> I believe
> We all have one true love
> Somewhere in this world <3
> (Britney Spears)

FromOeyvind Brandtsegg
SubjectRe: [Semi-OT]: Looking for "music" recommendation
Hi,

Just a few quick ideas. It sounds a bit related to composing with field recording, which you could say is its own genre within sound art.
Chris Watson https://chriswatson.net/ is one of the long term practitioners.
Also the Norwegian artist Jana Winderen http://www.janawinderen.com/   does this beautifully, also with an clear perspective on acoustic ecology. Jana's work on underwater audio environment and what it means for the biology is immensely interesting. Likewise, Gyrid N. Kaldestad oftentime works with field recording and found sounds https://www.notam02.no/web/prosjekter/gyrid-nordal-kaldestad-dei-goymde-historiane/?lang=en. And also Elin Øyen Vister  http://www.childofklang.no/soundscape-rost-the-listening-lounge/ works with natural environments as part of her compositional work.
The label Gruenrekorder also has a lot of this type of sound art compositions https://www.gruenrekorder.de/

Hope I am not hitting too far from the mark. I realize the Andreas Bick compositions might be more deliberately organized, recomposed in smaller fragments. Then again, for me at least there is a connection to the above artists.

man. 4. nov. 2019 kl. 23:18 skrev Jeanette C. <julien@mail.upb.de>:
[...]

Oeyvind, many thanks for this fullsome list. I will investigate them all and
am sure that I will find pieces amongst them that will catch and heighten this
current mood.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

Nov 5 2019, Oeyvind Brandtsegg has written:

> [...]
>> There
>> is not much in the way of resynthesis or manipulation of the sounds. I
>> wouldn't even know how to call that genre, which makes searching for more
>> in
>> imilar styles or with similar approaches quite hard.
>>
>> What most drew me to these pieces is the inanimate realism, i.e. no voices
>> or
>> human sounds or completely abstract synthetiic sounds, and the spaces.
>>
>> It does, however, like pieces which could be realised with Csound or float
>> around in the neighbourhood of Csound.
>>
>> So, can anyone recommend something? Stereo, binaural or in any format that
>> can
>> be converted to binaural 3D or stereo with Csound? Maybe someone here has
>> played with that approach?
>>
>> Sorry for cluttering, but it did seem the best place to ask.

FromBernard Geyer
SubjectRe: [Semi-OT]: Looking for "music" recommendation
There are different styles, ambient, musique concrete, some may me think of
concatenative synthesis.
Really interesting indeed.

--
Sent from: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html