[Csnd] Computationaly Intensive Audio Signal Generation

Date2019-11-11 15:22
FromMatt Berlin
Subject[Csnd] Computationaly Intensive Audio Signal Generation
Hello all,

Which (types of) audio signals are currently hardest to generate (specifically in believable real-time).

Technical papers are appreciated, but a few keywords pointing me in the right direction would be sufficient.

Thanks in advance for the help,

- Matt

SubjectRe: [Csnd] Computationaly Intensive Audio Signal Generation
Sliding phase vocoder.

On Mon, Nov 11, 2019, 08:22 Matt Berlin <arkestra@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello all,

Which (types of) audio signals are currently hardest to generate (specifically in believable real-time).

Technical papers are appreciated, but a few keywords pointing me in the right direction would be sufficient.

Thanks in advance for the help,

- Matt

Fromrasmus ekman
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Computationaly Intensive Audio Signal Generation
and/or sliding convolution (impulse response reverb)?

     /rasmus

Den 2019-11-11 kl. 16:43, skrev Michael Gogins:
> Sliding phase vocoder.
>
> On Mon, Nov 11, 2019, 08:22 Matt Berlin > wrote:
>
>     Hello all,
>
>     Which (types of) audio signals are currently hardest to generate (specifically in believable real-time).
>
>     Technical papers are appreciated, but a few keywords pointing me in the right direction would be sufficient.
>
>     Thanks in advance for the help,
>
>     - Matt
>     Csound mailing list Csound@listserv.heanet.ie  https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

FromDave Seidel
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Computationaly Intensive Audio Signal Generation
Probably any kind of convolution (but some methods more than others).