[Csnd] A432 tuning

Date2020-06-17 13:00
FromMikoláš Štrajt
Subject[Csnd] A432 tuning
Hi,
It's possible to use A432 tuning in Csound?

I am pretty sure that this is possible but I am not sure how. It seems cpstmid opcode is the key, but I am not sure about its parameters (as I have only a little knowledge even of standard tuning).

See http://www.csounds.com/manual/html/cpstmid.html

If you are wondering why I am looking into this - I have some new age friends who sometimes bring this topic to the table. I just wanted to let them to try it.

--
Severák

Date2020-06-17 13:05
FromHlöðver Sigurðsson
SubjectRe: [Csnd] A432 tuning
You wan write like
sr = 44100
ksmps = 32
A = 432

On Wed, 17 Jun 2020 at 14:00, Mikoláš Štrajt <strajt9@seznam.cz> wrote:
Hi,
It's possible to use A432 tuning in Csound?

I am pretty sure that this is possible but I am not sure how. It seems cpstmid opcode is the key, but I am not sure about its parameters (as I have only a little knowledge even of standard tuning).

If you are wondering why I am looking into this - I have some new age friends who sometimes bring this topic to the table. I just wanted to let them to try it.

--
Severák

FromEduardo Moguillansky
SubjectRe: [Csnd] A432 tuning

it's A4. Use mtof to convert midinotes to frequencies

On 17.06.20 14:05, Hlöðver Sigurðsson wrote:
You wan write like
sr = 44100
ksmps = 32
A = 432

On Wed, 17 Jun 2020 at 14:00, Mikoláš Štrajt <strajt9@seznam.cz> wrote:
Hi,
It's possible to use A432 tuning in Csound?

I am pretty sure that this is possible but I am not sure how. It seems cpstmid opcode is the key, but I am not sure about its parameters (as I have only a little knowledge even of standard tuning).

If you are wondering why I am looking into this - I have some new age friends who sometimes bring this topic to the table. I just wanted to let them to try it.

--
Severák

FromRichard Dobson
SubjectRe: [Csnd] A432 tuning
I write a little about 432 towards the end of my "solfeggio" page -
complete with some examples using csound :-).

http://www.rwdobson.com/solfeggio/planetsolfeggio.html

Richard Dobson

On 17/06/2020 13:00, Mikoláš Štrajt wrote:
> Hi,
> It's possible to use A432 tuning in Csound?
>
> I am pretty sure that this is possible but I am not sure how. It seems
> cpstmid opcode is the key, but I am not sure about its parameters (as I
> have only a little knowledge even of standard tuning).
>
> See http://www.csounds.com/manual/html/cpstmid.html
>
> If you are wondering why I am looking into this - I have some new age
> friends who sometimes bring this topic to the table. I just wanted to
> let them to try it.

FromTarmo Johannes
SubjectRe: [Csnd] A432 tuning
Him Richard,

I have never seen such a good article on the 432 sobject! Thanks for sharing!

tarmo

Kontakt Richard Dobson (<richard@rwdobson.com>) kirjutas kuupäeval K, 17. juuni 2020 kell 15:27:
I write a little about 432 towards the end of my "solfeggio" page -
complete with some examples using csound :-).

http://www.rwdobson.com/solfeggio/planetsolfeggio.html

Richard Dobson

On 17/06/2020 13:00, Mikoláš Štrajt wrote:
> Hi,
> It's possible to use A432 tuning in Csound?
>
> I am pretty sure that this is possible but I am not sure how. It seems
> cpstmid opcode is the key, but I am not sure about its parameters (as I
> have only a little knowledge even of standard tuning).
>
> See http://www.csounds.com/manual/html/cpstmid.html
>
> If you are wondering why I am looking into this - I have some new age
> friends who sometimes bring this topic to the table. I just wanted to
> let them to try it.

FromDave Seidel
SubjectRe: [Csnd] A432 tuning
Looks like a very interesting site in general, and I look forward to perusing it!

On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 9:12 AM Tarmo Johannes <trmjhnns@gmail.com> wrote:
Him Richard,

I have never seen such a good article on the 432 sobject! Thanks for sharing!

tarmo

Kontakt Richard Dobson (<richard@rwdobson.com>) kirjutas kuupäeval K, 17. juuni 2020 kell 15:27:
I write a little about 432 towards the end of my "solfeggio" page -
complete with some examples using csound :-).

http://www.rwdobson.com/solfeggio/planetsolfeggio.html

Richard Dobson

On 17/06/2020 13:00, Mikoláš Štrajt wrote:
> Hi,
> It's possible to use A432 tuning in Csound?
>
> I am pretty sure that this is possible but I am not sure how. It seems
> cpstmid opcode is the key, but I am not sure about its parameters (as I
> have only a little knowledge even of standard tuning).
>
> See http://www.csounds.com/manual/html/cpstmid.html
>
> If you are wondering why I am looking into this - I have some new age
> friends who sometimes bring this topic to the table. I just wanted to
> let them to try it.

From"Dr. Richard Boulanger"
SubjectRe: [Csnd] A432 tuning
Thanks Richard.  Awesome and inspiring.