[Csnd] Help: trying to automatically render a "n" numbers of soundfiles in QT

Date2020-10-13 11:22
FromEric Maestri
Subject[Csnd] Help: trying to automatically render a "n" numbers of soundfiles in QT
Hi,

I'm trying to automatically render a "n" numbers of soundfiles in QT.

i.e. generate recursively fixed length sequence with random values, each sequence must be rendered separately in the correct folder. So, I have 10 repetition and have 10 files.
Any idea?

Thank you in advance,

Eric

FromHlöðver Sigurðsson
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Help: trying to automatically render a "n" numbers of soundfiles in QT
You could load 10 samples into GEN01 tables, starting at say number 100 and select the sample by number between 100 -> 109 ?

But I guess that's not what you're asking about, you're referring to soundfiles as wav/aiff files? And separately, meaning many different csound files in different folders?

On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 at 12:32, Eric Maestri <Eric.maestri@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to automatically render a "n" numbers of soundfiles in QT.

i.e. generate recursively fixed length sequence with random values, each sequence must be rendered separately in the correct folder. So, I have 10 repetition and have 10 files.
Any idea?

Thank you in advance,

Eric

FromEric Maestri
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Help: trying to automatically render a "n" numbers of soundfiles in QT
Hi,

thank you a lot!
It is not exactly what I'm searching to do. The idea is to, i.e., lunch a process in loop and every loop is rendered as a soundfile.

...any idea?

Eric

On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 at 13:13, Hlöðver Sigurðsson <hlolli@gmail.com> wrote:
You could load 10 samples into GEN01 tables, starting at say number 100 and select the sample by number between 100 -> 109 ?

But I guess that's not what you're asking about, you're referring to soundfiles as wav/aiff files? And separately, meaning many different csound files in different folders?

On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 at 12:32, Eric Maestri <Eric.maestri@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to automatically render a "n" numbers of soundfiles in QT.

i.e. generate recursively fixed length sequence with random values, each sequence must be rendered separately in the correct folder. So, I have 10 repetition and have 10 files.
Any idea?

Thank you in advance,

Eric

SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd] Help: trying to automatically render a "n" numbers of soundfiles in QT
What exactly you want to render, your synthesis code? If so, I would put the code in an instrument, and use fout to send it to a soundfile.
Then use a loop to schedule the instrument as many times as you need.

instr 1

… // your code producing asig1 and asig2

 fout Sfile, -1, asig1, asig2  // write to Sfile (needs to be a uniquely generated name)
endin

// schedule 10 copies of instr 1
icnt init 0
while icnt < 10 do
 schedule(1,0,idur, … )
 icnt += 1
od

> On 13 Oct 2020, at 13:02, Eric Maestri  wrote:
>
> WARNINGThis email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.
> Hi,
>
> thank you a lot!
> It is not exactly what I'm searching to do. The idea is to, i.e., lunch a process in loop and every loop is rendered as a soundfile.
>
> ...any idea?
>
> Eric
>
> On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 at 13:13, Hlöðver Sigurðsson  wrote:
> You could load 10 samples into GEN01 tables, starting at say number 100 and select the sample by number between 100 -> 109 ?
>
> But I guess that's not what you're asking about, you're referring to soundfiles as wav/aiff files? And separately, meaning many different csound files in different folders?
>
> On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 at 12:32, Eric Maestri  wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to automatically render a "n" numbers of soundfiles in QT.
>
> i.e. generate recursively fixed length sequence with random values, each sequence must be rendered separately in the correct folder. So, I have 10 repetition and have 10 files.
> Any idea?
>
> Thank you in advance,
>
> Eric

> --
> Eric Maestri -> yt-channel
> last CD --> LE COSE

SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd] Help: trying to automatically render a "n" numbers of soundfiles in QT
Attachmentssound_generation.csd
I use pretty much the same as what Victor mentioned myself.  Attached
is a working example that renders out files for sample playback.  It
uses MIDI note numbers for pitch and encodes that into the file names.
Another example is Micah Frank's Beatfox project:

https://github.com/micah-frank-studio/Beatfox

On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 10:03 AM Victor Lazzarini
 wrote:

> What exactly you want to render, your synthesis code? If so, I would put the code in an instrument, and use fout to send it to a soundfile.
> Then use a loop to schedule the instrument as many times as you need.
>
> instr 1
>
> … // your code producing asig1 and asig2
>
>  fout Sfile, -1, asig1, asig2  // write to Sfile (needs to be a uniquely generated name)
> endin
>
> // schedule 10 copies of instr 1
> icnt init 0
> while icnt < 10 do
>  schedule(1,0,idur, … )
>  icnt += 1
> od
>

> ========================
>
> > On 13 Oct 2020, at 13:02, Eric Maestri  wrote:
> >
> > WARNINGThis email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.
> > Hi,
> >
> > thank you a lot!
> > It is not exactly what I'm searching to do. The idea is to, i.e., lunch a process in loop and every loop is rendered as a soundfile.
> >
> > ...any idea?
> >
> > Eric
> >
> > On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 at 13:13, Hlöðver Sigurðsson  wrote:
> > You could load 10 samples into GEN01 tables, starting at say number 100 and select the sample by number between 100 -> 109 ?
> >
> > But I guess that's not what you're asking about, you're referring to soundfiles as wav/aiff files? And separately, meaning many different csound files in different folders?
> >
> > On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 at 12:32, Eric Maestri  wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to automatically render a "n" numbers of soundfiles in QT.
> >
> > i.e. generate recursively fixed length sequence with random values, each sequence must be rendered separately in the correct folder. So, I have 10 repetition and have 10 files.
> > Any idea?
> >
> > Thank you in advance,
> >
> > Eric
> >
> > Csound mailing list
> > Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
> > https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
> > Send bugs reports to
> >         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
> > Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here
> > Csound mailing list Csound@listserv.heanet.ie https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here
> >

> > --
> > Eric Maestri -> yt-channel
> > last CD --> LE COSE

FromEric Maestri
SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd] Help: trying to automatically render a "n" numbers of soundfiles in QT
Dear Victor and Steven,

Thank you!
Does this method allow me to have a number of files that correspond to numbers of loops?

I'm checking,

Eric

<Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:

> What exactly you want to render, your synthesis code? If so, I would put the code in an instrument, and use fout to send it to a soundfile.
> Then use a loop to schedule the instrument as many times as you need.
>
> instr 1
>
> … // your code producing asig1 and asig2
>
>  fout Sfile, -1, asig1, asig2  // write to Sfile (needs to be a uniquely generated name)
> endin
>
> // schedule 10 copies of instr 1
> icnt init 0
> while icnt < 10 do
>  schedule(1,0,idur, … )
>  icnt += 1
> od
>

> ========================
>
> > On 13 Oct 2020, at 13:02, Eric Maestri <eric.maestri@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > WARNINGThis email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.
> > Hi,
> >
> > thank you a lot!
> > It is not exactly what I'm searching to do. The idea is to, i.e., lunch a process in loop and every loop is rendered as a soundfile.
> >
> > ...any idea?
> >
> > Eric
> >
> > On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 at 13:13, Hlöðver Sigurðsson <hlolli@gmail.com> wrote:
> > You could load 10 samples into GEN01 tables, starting at say number 100 and select the sample by number between 100 -> 109 ?
> >
> > But I guess that's not what you're asking about, you're referring to soundfiles as wav/aiff files? And separately, meaning many different csound files in different folders?
> >
> > On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 at 12:32, Eric Maestri <Eric.maestri@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to automatically render a "n" numbers of soundfiles in QT.
> >
> > i.e. generate recursively fixed length sequence with random values, each sequence must be rendered separately in the correct folder. So, I have 10 repetition and have 10 files.
> > Any idea?
> >
> > Thank you in advance,
> >
> > Eric
> >
> > Csound mailing list
> > Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
> > https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
> > Send bugs reports to
> >         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
> > Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here
> > Csound mailing list Csound@listserv.heanet.ie https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here
> >

> > --
> > Eric Maestri -> yt-channel
> > last CD --> LE COSE

SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd] Help: trying to automatically render a "n" numbers of soundfiles in QT
yes, but to name them individually you will need to generate the file name strings with some identifier such as the loop count etc.
I think Steven’s examples demonstrate the idea.

> [...]
> > >
> > > Eric
> > >
> > > Csound mailing list
> > > Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
> > > https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
> > > Send bugs reports to
> > >         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
> > > Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here
> > > Csound mailing list Csound@listserv.heanet.ie https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here
> > >

> > > --
> > > Eric Maestri -> yt-channel
> > > last CD --> LE COSE

> > Csound mailing list
> > Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
> > https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
> > Send bugs reports to
> >         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
> > Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

FromEric Maestri
SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd] Help: trying to automatically render a "n" numbers of soundfiles in QT
Yes, it's true. Steven's example demonstrate it

Thank you!