Re: [Csnd] Is the Max/MSP object broken?

Date2019-10-15 21:12
FromJosh Armenta
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Is the Max/MSP object broken?
Thanks, Mtro. Lazzarini.

I'm at the point of diminishing returns on Max anyway; I'll try the PD object.

SubjectRe: [Csnd] Is the Max/MSP object broken?
By the reports on the list, it works in MAX, but not in MAX for live.

An obvious solution for ableton users is of course Cabbage. Actually a much better solution than
Max for live.

> On 15 Oct 2019, at 21:12, Josh Armenta  wrote:
>
> Thanks, Mtro. Lazzarini.
>
> I'm at the point of diminishing returns on Max anyway; I'll try the PD object.

Fromjacqouemin
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Is the Max/MSP object broken?
Hi,

I had a some problems with the csound~
object in the new MAX version 8.1.0 (it didn't recognize the object). I am
on MacOS Mojave.
I downloaded the older 8.0.8 and now it works well!
Best,

Sent from: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html

From"Patrick.Pagano~"
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Is the Max/MSP object broken?
it is broken with MAX 8.10 and Ableton 10.1 it's making me nuts

--
Sent from: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html

From"Patrick.Pagano~"
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Is the Max/MSP object broken?
the object is fixed for mac presently but i am hopeful to get it working for
Windows10 too

--
Sent from: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html

Frompat pagano
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Is the Max/MSP object broken?
Victor

Just an update
It is a csound issue not a max issue. Volker recompiled csound~ and it works on Mac/Ableton again but does not work in Windows10 for quite a while. If we can get it working on both I’ll maintain it.

But suggesting Cabbage over Maxfor live users is horrible advice. I use both and there is no comparison

On Wed, Oct 16, 2019 at 5:20 AM Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
By the reports on the list, it works in MAX, but not in MAX for live.

An obvious solution for ableton users is of course Cabbage. Actually a much better solution than
Max for live.

> On 15 Oct 2019, at 21:12, Josh Armenta <josharmenta@GMAIL.COM> wrote:
>
> Thanks, Mtro. Lazzarini.
>
> I'm at the point of diminishing returns on Max anyway; I'll try the PD object.

Patrick Pagano B.S.,M.F.A
Assistant Professor in Residence
Digital Media Design & Development
University of Connecticut, Stamford