[Csnd] CPOF Hell

Date2020-07-11 16:28
FromSyl Morrison
Subject[Csnd] CPOF Hell
AttachmentsCMakeLists.txt
Hi all, I'm once again trapped in cmake hell, love using Victor's CPOF buut need access to csoundRewindScore() (as in the one that cancels all pending score events, not the one that actually rewinds the score) and I can't figure out how to access it, including csound.hpp gives me a load of undefined symbols, so i figured I may need to link to csound, so I tried that but no luck, I've included my cmake file!
Any help here would be a godsend, losing my mind!

Fromjohn
SubjectRe: [Csnd] CPOF Hell
A little more information would help.  Fr exmpe wen did you last pull the
sources?  or which commit?  What are te undefined symbols?

On Sat, 11 Jul 2020, Syl Morrison wrote:

> Hi all, I'm once again trapped in cmake hell, love using Victor's CPOF buut
> need access to csoundRewindScore() (as in the one that cancels all pending
> score events, not the one that actually rewinds the score) and I can't figure
> out how to access it, including csound.hpp gives me a load of undefined
> symbols, so i figured I may need to link to csound, so I tried that but no
> luck, I've included my cmake file!
> Any help here would be a godsend, losing my mind!
> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can
> be posted here

FromSyl Morrison
SubjectRe: [Csnd] CPOF Hell
oh god a while back to be honest, think I just installed csound thru the installer, I realised I'm in fact stupid, and if a score event is declared in <CsScore> then rewind score will jump back to the start of that but read it as if its a score event, but if you use something like Schedule, or send it via a score event, rewind score does in fact clear the queue!
The undefined symbols were basically every function in csound.hpp, but I realised I don't even need to include that if I just call csound->get_csound->RewindScore(csound->get_csound())

On Sat, Jul 11, 2020 at 5:08 PM john <jpff@codemist.co.uk> wrote:
A little more information would help.  Fr exmpe wen did you last pull the
sources?  or which commit?  What are te undefined symbols?

On Sat, 11 Jul 2020, Syl Morrison wrote:

> Hi all, I'm once again trapped in cmake hell, love using Victor's CPOF buut
> need access to csoundRewindScore() (as in the one that cancels all pending
> score events, not the one that actually rewinds the score) and I can't figure
> out how to access it, including csound.hpp gives me a load of undefined
> symbols, so i figured I may need to link to csound, so I tried that but no
> luck, I've included my cmake file!
> Any help here would be a godsend, losing my mind!
> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can
> be posted here

SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] Re: [Csnd] CPOF Hell
That's because you should not include csound.hpp, that's the host API. You would need to link to Csound for that. Same applies to csound.h

Plugins use functions defined in the CSOUND structure, for which no linking is needed, every symbol is resolved when the plugin is loaded.

So: rule of thumb, don't include any other Csound header, only plugin.h and modload.h. Unless you are embedding Csound, that is.

Also: it might be better to use the csound-devel list for development questions. We don't want to confuse users if we can help it.

best

On 11 Jul 2020, at 17:15, Syl Morrison <honoonu@gmail.com> wrote:

*Warning*

This email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.

oh god a while back to be honest, think I just installed csound thru the installer, I realised I'm in fact stupid, and if a score event is declared in <CsScore> then rewind score will jump back to the start of that but read it as if its a score event, but if you use something like Schedule, or send it via a score event, rewind score does in fact clear the queue!
The undefined symbols were basically every function in csound.hpp, but I realised I don't even need to include that if I just call csound->get_csound->RewindScore(csound->get_csound())

On Sat, Jul 11, 2020 at 5:08 PM john <jpff@codemist.co.uk> wrote:
A little more information would help.  Fr exmpe wen did you last pull the
sources?  or which commit?  What are te undefined symbols?

On Sat, 11 Jul 2020, Syl Morrison wrote:

> Hi all, I'm once again trapped in cmake hell, love using Victor's CPOF buut
> need access to csoundRewindScore() (as in the one that cancels all pending
> score events, not the one that actually rewinds the score) and I can't figure
> out how to access it, including csound.hpp gives me a load of undefined
> symbols, so i figured I may need to link to csound, so I tried that but no
> luck, I've included my cmake file!
> Any help here would be a godsend, losing my mind!
> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can
> be posted here

FromSyl Morrison
SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] Re: [Csnd] CPOF Hell
Cheers for clearing that up Victor, will use devel in future!!