Re: [Csnd] Many simple programs cause segmentation fault

Date2020-05-03 01:18
FromSUBSCRIBE CSOUND Anonymous
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Many simple programs cause segmentation fault
I tried your suggestion of running the examples in CsoundQt, and the console there does give me a more useful error message, which is promising. The output is for example 03A08 is

STARTING FILE
Creating options
Creating orchestra
closing tag
Creating score
rtaudio: PortAudio module enabled ...
using blocking interface
rtmidi: ALSA Raw MIDI module enabled
error:  Variable '__synthetic_300' used before defined
Line -1
error:  Variable type for __synthetic_300 couldn't be determined.
Parsing failed due to syntax errors

FromPete Goodeve
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Many simple programs cause segmentation fault
AttachmentsNone

SubjectRe: [Csnd] Many simple programs cause segmentation fault
This may be caused by spaces not working where spaces e.g. function (args) should be function(args).

On Sat, May 2, 2020, 20:18 SUBSCRIBE CSOUND Anonymous <blueunicolt@gmail.com> wrote:
I tried your suggestion of running the examples in CsoundQt, and the console there does give me a more useful error message, which is promising. The output is for example 03A08 is

STARTING FILE
Creating options
Creating orchestra
closing tag
Creating score
rtaudio: PortAudio module enabled ...
using blocking interface
rtmidi: ALSA Raw MIDI module enabled
error:  Variable '__synthetic_300' used before defined
Line -1
error:  Variable type for __synthetic_300 couldn't be determined.
Parsing failed due to syntax errors

FromJohn ff
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Many simple programs cause segmentation fault
Synthetic_300 is an internally generated label in the expansion of if or similar.  You could use -v option to see more but that is rather overkill

⁣Sent from TypeApp ​