[Csnd] [ANN] Csound Web-IDE Beta

Subject[Csnd] [ANN] Csound Web-IDE Beta
Hi All,

I'm happy announce the beta release of the Csound Web-IDE, available at:

The Web-IDE is an integrated development environment for Csound.  Projects work as they would on the Desktop in terms of files, resources, and project structure.  The IDE runs on major browsers, including ChromeOS on Chromebooks, and has everything required to create, run, and share Csound projects, no installation necessary.

We're inviting everyone to try out the IDE and look forward to feedback.  Discussion is welcome here on the mailing list, on the Csound Slack in the #web-ide channel, as well as reporting of issues on the issue tracker. [1]

Short term goals are to work out any issues that arise from broader testing and perhaps to implement minor feature requests so that we can get to a full release. Larger new features will be planned out for future rounds of development.

The IDE is the work of Hlöðver Sigurðsson, Edward Costello, and myself.

Thanks all and enjoy!
Steven

FromRory Walsh
SubjectRe: [Csnd] [ANN] Csound Web-IDE Beta
Congratulations guys. What you have achieved is remarkable, and has helped push web csound to a whole new level.

On Tue, 21 Apr 2020 at 21:25, Steven Yi <stevenyi@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

FromAndrea Strappa
Subject[Csnd] R: [Csnd] [ANN] Csound Web-IDE Beta

Wery well, I’m logged in.

Inviato da Posta per Windows 10

[...]

wow what a great work ...

congrats!!!!!

On 21/04/2020 22:24, Steven Yi wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm happy announce the beta release of the Csound Web-IDE, available at:
>
> https://ide.csound.com/
>
> The Web-IDE is an integrated development environment for Csound.
> Projects work as they would on the Desktop in terms of files, resources,
> and project structure.  The IDE runs on major browsers, including
> ChromeOS on Chromebooks, and has everything required to create, run, and
> share Csound projects, no installation necessary.
>
> We're inviting everyone to try out the IDE and look forward to
> feedback.  Discussion is welcome here on the mailing list, on the Csound
> Slack in the #web-ide channel, as well as reporting of issues on the
> issue tracker. [1]
>
> Short term goals are to work out any issues that arise from broader
> testing and perhaps to implement minor feature requests so that we can
> get to a full release. Larger new features will be planned out for
> future rounds of development.
>
> The IDE is the work of Hlöðver Sigurðsson, Edward Costello, and myself.
>
> Thanks all and enjoy!
> Steven
>

> [1] - https://github.com/csound/web-ide/issues

> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features
> can be posted here

From"Dr. Richard Boulanger"
SubjectRe: [Csnd] [ANN] Csound Web-IDE Beta
Dear Steven, Hlöðver, Sigurðsson, and Edward

WOW.

THANKS.

Game Changer!

Community Builder!

It is awesome to run some of the other project files that are hosted there - learning a ton.

-dB
Dr. Richard Boulanger
Professor of Electronic Production and Design
Professional Writing and Music Technology Division
Berklee College of Music

On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 4:25 PM Steven Yi <stevenyi@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Hello Csound Web-IDE team,

Over the next 2 weeks, before the summer semester begins, I will be adding all of my Csound teaching materials and using then to test the Csound Web-IDE
and
I am adding all of my recently tested and working files for the Bela Platform too (as those are currently a part of my teaching as well).

And as you might well imagine, I have several hopes and requests already (and there will be more for sure as my testing and reimagining how I would teach and write online courses)

REQUEST ONE:  It would be nice to be able to drag multiple files (or samples) into a project to add and upload them
REQUEST TWO:  It would be nice to be able to have a lot of .csd files in a single Project and have the "target" be the one that is currently highlighted/selected in the main editor window of the IDE
REQUEST THREE:  MIDI support
REQUEST FOUR: A Virtual MIDI Keyboard like in CsoundQt (and... and ASCII Computer-MIDI Keyboard - as in Live, Logic, and other DAWs - certain ASCII keys send out specific MIDI notes when pressed)

[...]

Hi Dr. B,

These are all great ideas. Not sure about priority and organizing when, but we'll be sure to look at them sooner rather than later. I'm looking at adding a spectrogram view at the moment and will try to sort through after. If you could post each of these items as individual issues (https://github.com/csound/web-ide/issues) I think we can do a planning meeting in the next few days to organize.

Thanks!
Steven

On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 1:35 PM Dr. Richard Boulanger <rboulanger@berklee.edu> wrote:
[...]

Spectrogram view will be awesome. As would a scope view and an Ftable view too.  Visualization is not only delicious eye candy but, as you know, quite helpful when teaching.

I will add individual request at the link you suggest.

Currently, outside on the sunshine, uploading .csd files from DropBox into the Csound Web-IDE and rendering on my iPhone!

Dr. Richard Boulanger
Professor