[Csnd] Creating personal HRTFs

Date2020-01-20 12:07
From"Jeanette C."
Subject[Csnd] Creating personal HRTFs
Hey hey,
IIRC something touching on this was discussed a few weeks/months ago.

I wonder is there a tool or simple process by which one can create a personal
HRTF compatible with Csound.

I listened to a NAMM video about the Audeze Reveal plugin und the way they
advertise to create personallised HRTFs by just photographing one ear. Sounds
like an easy process for the user and clever for the software. :)

So I wondered: is there anything availablle in opensource that eases the
process of creating an HRTF than going to your uni of choice and ask a friend
in the acoustic department to measure your head in the lab. :)

Best wishes and thanks for any tips,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

I'm reaching out to you
To find that you're not there <3
(Britney Spears)

FromAnders Genell
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Creating personal HRTFs
I stumbled upon Earfish a little while ago, maybe that would be useful?

We had a hrtf measurement rig at Chalmers University (Gothenburg, Sweden) when I was a PhD student, but it has been decommissioned since...

Regards,
Anders

20 jan. 2020 kl. 13:07 skrev Jeanette C. <julien@mail.upb.de>:

[...]

Jan 20 2020, Anders Genell has written:

> I stumbled upon Earfish a little while ago, maybe that would be useful?
>
> https://www.earfish.eu/
Thanks for the tip, I'll look into that.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

I'm reaching out to you
To find that you're not there <3
(Britney Spears)

From"Jeanette C."
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Creating personal HRTFs
Hello again,
after looking at https://earfish.eu and https://mysofa.audio I find that HRTFs
are commonly supplied in the AES SOFA format. Is this compatible with Csound's
hrtf opcodes (hrtfmove hrtfer,...)?

I saw mention of SOFA in conjunction with Csound HRTF opcodes, but am not sure
whether this is reality or planned.