[Csnd] Getting started with granular processing of audio stream

Date2019-08-04 09:32
FromAtte <00000576b2aa4c8e-dmarc-request@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE>
Subject[Csnd] Getting started with granular processing of audio stream
I'm trying to get some granular processing going on an incoming audio stream. It seems the granular opcodes all expect input from an ftable, so I read the stream into a table with tablew. The result sounds kinda cool in a glitchy way, but not really what I expected.

If anyone could point me to an example of granular processing of an audio stream, I'd be most happy!

Here's my non-functional code (blue):

itabsize    =   2^12
iBuffer1 ftgen  0, 0, itabsize, 7, 0
iBuffer2 ftgen  0, 0, itabsize, 7, 0
iHanning ftgen 0, 0, 512, 20, 2
andx    phasor  sr / itabsize
        tablew  ain1, andx, iBuffer1
        tablew  ain2, andx, iBuffer2
kcps = ; range 0-20000
kfmd = 0
kgdur = ; range 0-1
iovrlp = 130
aout1   grain2 kcps, kfmd, kgdur, iovrlp, iBuffer1, iHanning
aout2   grain2 kcps, kfmd, kgdur, iovrlp, iBuffer2, iHanning

Cheers
--
Atte
http://a773.dk

SubjectRe: [Csnd] Getting started with granular processing of audio stream
hi atte -

in general, you must wait approximately the grain size until you read
the buffer (table) for granular processing.  i cannot see from your code
whether you did or not.

i once did an example for live granular, based on the partikkel opcode,
for csoundqt:
	Examples > Live Collection > Live Granular

best -
	joachim