[Csnd] 'Rotor Organ' demo

Date2019-08-24 22:39
FromPete Goodeve
Subject[Csnd] 'Rotor Organ' demo
AttachmentsNone

SubjectRe: [Csnd] 'Rotor Organ' demo
I must have missed that, where's the discussion of this emulation?

Victor Lazzarini

> On 24 Aug 2019, at 22:40, Pete Goodeve  wrote:
>
> Early this year I mentioned my "Hammond" emulation.  I've always
> wanted a decent demo of it in action, but my lack of any composing
> or aranging skills got in the way. (:-/)
>
> However I've finally hacked up a rendition of the old 'Tico Tico' that
> I think sounds reasonable -- even if it's not quite Ethel Smith!
> There is still no composition involved, though.  I just used an old
> midifile of uncertain origin -- not originally featuring an organ --
> and customized it to drive the emulation.  It's not all organ; many
> of the original instruments are still present -- including a piccolo
> break in the middle...  I generated the audio file with a version
> of the csd that has a fluidsynth driver incorporated (essentially
> the 'fluidcomplex.csd' example) so it can play the complete
> midifile in one pass.
>
> Anyway, if anyone wants to take a listen, it's at:
>
>  http://goodeveca.net/RotorOrgan/TicoTico.mp3
>
> Thanks,
>    -- Pete --

>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

FromPete Goodeve
SubjectRe: [Csnd] 'Rotor Organ' demo
AttachmentsNone

SubjectRe: [Csnd] 'Rotor Organ' demo
Thanks.

Victor Lazzarini

> On 24 Aug 2019, at 23:25, Pete Goodeve  wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Aug 24, 2019 at 10:14:26PM +0000, Victor Lazzarini wrote:
>> I must have missed that, where's the discussion of this emulation?
>
> Oh, sorry.  It was back in February:
>
> http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csnd-Evolving-Rotor-Organ-td5764263.html
>
>    -- Pete --

>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

From"Dr. Richard Boulanger"
SubjectRe: [Csnd] 'Rotor Organ' demo
Wow Pete.  Impressive and wonderful work!  I have been sharing your instruments with my students at Berklee since you presented them back in Feb.  They and I love them.

Hearing this mp3, I am convinced that you are more than ready to assist on the next Woody Allen Film 🎥  soundtrack

Dr. Richard Boulanger
Professor
Electronic Production and Design
Berklee College of Music