[Csnd] waveterrain sysnthesis using genetic art

Date2020-08-19 20:39
FromdocB <000005d2745f1ec0-dmarc-request@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE>
Subject[Csnd] waveterrain sysnthesis using genetic art
Attachments09_27_24_44.jpg
hi,

here is a new waveterrain synthesis opcode using genetic art

https://github.com/docb/csnd/blob/master/opcodes/geneticterrain.c

the terrain is build by a method published by Jason Rampe
https://softologyblog.wordpress.com/2009/08/07/genetic-art-part-5/
There are 53 base functions which build a "base" terrain (mostly based
on sin/cos functions) but can arbitrarily combined to build new terrains.
It is like a gen sequence (explains the name "genetic art").
Attached see for example the terrain 09,27,24,44

asigL geneticterrain kamp,  kcps, kx, ky, krx, kry, krot, kcurve,
kparam, ksize,k0,k1,.....

kamp,  kcps, kx, ky, krx, kry, krot, kcurve, kparam: as in wterrain2

ksize : can be seen as a zoomfactor (kx and ky are multiplied with it)

k0,k1 .. the function numbers from 0 to 52

here is a short demo showing selecting sounds by walking through the
terrain 13,27

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZVxmlB1rHk

with this kind of terrains the stereo effect is more intensive when
running the right channel with the negative frequency
(which causes the traversal of the curve to be in opposite direction)

as it makes it more useful using this opcode while looking at the
terrain and for finding interesting terrains
i have made a html app (shown on the right side of the video)
the html can be downloaded here:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/docb/csnd/master/opcodes/genetic.html
- save page to the local file system and open it with a browser (html5)
- enter zoom factor - 10 is good
- enter comma seperated function numbers
- click render
in this source you also can see the functions being used.

best christian

FromOeyvind Brandtsegg
SubjectRe: [Csnd] waveterrain sysnthesis using genetic art
Wow!

ons. 19. aug. 2020, 9:39 p.m. skrev docB <000005d2745f1ec0-dmarc-request@listserv.heanet.ie>:
[...]

From"Jeanette C."
SubjectRe: [Csnd] waveterrain sysnthesis using genetic art
Yes: wow! And a lovely demo piece too, it really fits the organ genre. Very
lovely and varied tones. I'm looking forward to trying all of these now. For a
start I just got Csound 6.15 with the simple and super formula verions...

Best wishes and thanks for sharing,

Jeanette

Aug 19 2020, docB has written:

> hi,
>
> here is a new waveterrain synthesis opcode using genetic art
>
> https://github.com/docb/csnd/blob/master/opcodes/geneticterrain.c
>

> the terrain is build by a method published by Jason Rampe
> https://softologyblog.wordpress.com/2009/08/07/genetic-art-part-5/
> There are 53 base functions which build a "base" terrain (mostly based on
> sin/cos functions) but can arbitrarily combined to build new terrains.
> It is like a gen sequence (explains the name "genetic art").
> Attached see for example the terrain 09,27,24,44
>
> asigL geneticterrain kamp,  kcps, kx, ky, krx, kry, krot, kcurve, kparam,
> ksize,k0,k1,.....
>
> kamp,  kcps, kx, ky, krx, kry, krot, kcurve, kparam: as in wterrain2
>
> ksize : can be seen as a zoomfactor (kx and ky are multiplied with it)
>
> k0,k1 .. the function numbers from 0 to 52
>
> here is a short demo showing selecting sounds by walking through the terrain
> 13,27
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZVxmlB1rHk
>
> with this kind of terrains the stereo effect is more intensive when running
> the right channel with the negative frequency
> (which causes the traversal of the curve to be in opposite direction)
>
> as it makes it more useful using this opcode while looking at the terrain and
> for finding interesting terrains
> i have made a html app (shown on the right side of the video)
> the html can be downloaded here:
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/docb/csnd/master/opcodes/genetic.html
> - save page to the local file system and open it with a browser (html5)
> - enter zoom factor - 10 is good
> - enter comma seperated function numbers
> - click render
> in this source you also can see the functions being used.
>
> best christian

>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

If there's nothing missing in my life
Then why do these tears come at night <3
(Britney Spears)