[Csnd] help: osc in macOS

Date2019-08-13 14:56
FromEduardo Moguillansky
Subject[Csnd] help: osc in macOS

Dear all,

I need to debug an installation I have no access to, which should run on macOS and is reporting following problem.

error: syntax error, unexpected T_IDENT  (token "OSCinit") from file tuningfork.csd (1)
 line 105:
>>> giosc OSCinit <<<
Unexpected untyped word giosc when expecting a variable
Parsing failed due to invalid input!

I remember reading that there were similar problems with missing osc opcodes. What is the solution?

Version is:

--Csound version 6.13 (double samples) Jul 12 2019
[commit: 3fdfaeeb6ce9ff5bfe22a2beb659ce7b6475df4b]

Thanks!

Eduardo

SubjectRe: [Csnd] help: osc in macOS
It was missing, but I updated the package and it should be there now.
Maynooth University,
Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
Tel: 00 353 7086936
Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

> On 13 Aug 2019, at 14:56, Eduardo Moguillansky  wrote:
>
> Dear all,
>
> I need to debug an installation I have no access to, which should run on macOS and is reporting following problem.
>

> error: syntax error, unexpected T_IDENT  (token "OSCinit") from file tuningfork.csd (1)
>  line 105:
> Unexpected untyped word giosc when expecting a variable
> Parsing failed due to invalid input!
>
> I remember reading that there were similar problems with missing osc opcodes. What is the solution?
>
> Version is:
>

> --Csound version 6.13 (double samples) Jul 12 2019
> [commit: 3fdfaeeb6ce9ff5bfe22a2beb659ce7b6475df4b]
>

> Thanks!
>

> Eduardo

FromEduardo Moguillansky
SubjectRe: [Csnd] help: osc in macOS
What should I look for to check if its there? I can download the
installer but have no direct access to the machine where this will run

On 13.08.19 16:56, Victor Lazzarini wrote:
> It was missing, but I updated the package and it should be there now.
> ========================
> Maynooth University,
> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> Tel: 00 353 7086936
> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>
>> On 13 Aug 2019, at 14:56, Eduardo Moguillansky  wrote:
>>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I need to debug an installation I have no access to, which should run on macOS and is reporting following problem.
>>

>> error: syntax error, unexpected T_IDENT  (token "OSCinit") from file tuningfork.csd (1)
>>   line 105:
>> Unexpected untyped word giosc when expecting a variable
>> Parsing failed due to invalid input!
>>
>> I remember reading that there were similar problems with missing osc opcodes. What is the solution?
>>
>> Version is:
>>

>> --Csound version 6.13 (double samples) Jul 12 2019
>> [commit: 3fdfaeeb6ce9ff5bfe22a2beb659ce7b6475df4b]
>>

>> Thanks!
>>

>> Eduardo

>          https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

SubjectRe: [Csnd] help: osc in macOS
csound -z

It should have something like this in the output:

MixerReceive        MixerSend           MixerSetLevel
MixerSetLevel_i
OSCbundle           OSCcount            OSCinit             OSCinitM
OSClisten           OSCraw              OSCsend             OSCsend_lo
S                   a                   abs                 active

On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 12:20 PM Eduardo Moguillansky
 wrote:

> What should I look for to check if its there? I can download the
> installer but have no direct access to the machine where this will run
>
> On 13.08.19 16:56, Victor Lazzarini wrote:
> > It was missing, but I updated the package and it should be there now.
> > ========================
> > Prof. Victor Lazzarini
> > Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
> > Maynooth University,
> > Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> > Tel: 00 353 7086936
> > Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
> >
> >> On 13 Aug 2019, at 14:56, Eduardo Moguillansky  wrote:
> >>
> >> Dear all,
> >>
> >> I need to debug an installation I have no access to, which should run on macOS and is reporting following problem.
> >>

> >> error: syntax error, unexpected T_IDENT  (token "OSCinit") from file tuningfork.csd (1)
> >>   line 105:
> >> Unexpected untyped word giosc when expecting a variable
> >> Parsing failed due to invalid input!
> >>
> >> I remember reading that there were similar problems with missing osc opcodes. What is the solution?
> >>
> >> Version is:
> >>

> >> --Csound version 6.13 (double samples) Jul 12 2019
> >> [commit: 3fdfaeeb6ce9ff5bfe22a2beb659ce7b6475df4b]
> >>

> >> Thanks!
> >>

> >> Eduardo

> > Csound mailing list
> > Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
> > https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
> > Send bugs reports to
> >          https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
> > Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

FromEduardo Moguillansky
SubjectRe: [Csnd] help: osc in macOS
I downloaded
https://github.com/csound/csound/releases/download/6.13.0/Csound6.13.0-MacOS_x86_64.dmg
and inspecting the Opcodes64 folder, there is no libosc.dylib

On 13.08.19 16:56, Victor Lazzarini wrote:

> It was missing, but I updated the package and it should be there now.
> ========================
> Maynooth University,
> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> Tel: 00 353 7086936
> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>
>> On 13 Aug 2019, at 14:56, Eduardo Moguillansky  wrote:
>>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I need to debug an installation I have no access to, which should run on macOS and is reporting following problem.
>>

>> error: syntax error, unexpected T_IDENT  (token "OSCinit") from file tuningfork.csd (1)
>>   line 105:
>> Unexpected untyped word giosc when expecting a variable
>> Parsing failed due to invalid input!
>>
>> I remember reading that there were similar problems with missing osc opcodes. What is the solution?
>>
>> Version is:
>>

>> --Csound version 6.13 (double samples) Jul 12 2019
>> [commit: 3fdfaeeb6ce9ff5bfe22a2beb659ce7b6475df4b]
>>

>> Thanks!
>>

>> Eduardo

>          https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

FromEduardo Moguillansky
SubjectRe: [Csnd] help: osc in macOS
I don't have access to the machine, so I can't do "csound -z", but I can
confirm that the installer posted in the last release does not have
libosc in Opcodes64

On 13.08.19 18:30, Steven Yi wrote:
> csound -z
>
> It should have something like this in the output:
>
> MixerReceive        MixerSend           MixerSetLevel
> MixerSetLevel_i
> OSCbundle           OSCcount            OSCinit             OSCinitM
> OSClisten           OSCraw              OSCsend             OSCsend_lo
> S                   a                   abs                 active
>

> On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 12:20 PM Eduardo Moguillansky
>  wrote:
>> What should I look for to check if its there? I can download the
>> installer but have no direct access to the machine where this will run
>>
>> On 13.08.19 16:56, Victor Lazzarini wrote:
>>> It was missing, but I updated the package and it should be there now.
>>> ========================
>>> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
>>> Maynooth University,
>>> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
>>> Tel: 00 353 7086936
>>> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

>>> Csound mailing list
>>> Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
>>> Send bugs reports to
>>>           https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>> Csound mailing list
>> Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
>> Send bugs reports to
>>          https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>          https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

SubjectRe: [Csnd] help: osc in macOS
The latest package should have this

MacBook-Pro:~ victor$ csound -z
0dBFS level = 32768.0
--Csound version 6.13 (double samples) Jul 28 2019
[commit: 1a1d155f465adf88a03968e13392bd44c6b31e91]
libsndfile-1.0.28

ATSadd              ATSaddnz            ATSbufread          ATScross
ATSinfo             ATSinterpread       ATSpartialtap       ATSread
ATSreadnz           ATSsinnoi           FLbox               FLbutBank
FLbutton            FLcloseButton       FLcolor             FLcolor2
FLcount             FLexecButton        FLgetsnap           FLgroup
FLgroupEnd          FLgroup_end         FLhide              FLhvsBox
FLhvsBoxSetValue    FLjoy               FLkeyIn             FLknob
FLlabel             FLloadsnap          FLmouse             FLpack
FLpackEnd           FLpack_end          FLpanel             FLpanelEnd
FLpanel_end         FLprintk            FLprintk2           FLroller
FLrun               FLsavesnap          FLscroll            FLscrollEnd
FLscroll_end        FLsetAlign          FLsetBox            FLsetColor
FLsetColor2         FLsetFont           FLsetPosition       FLsetSize
FLsetSnapGroup      FLsetText           FLsetTextColor      FLsetTextSize
FLsetTextType       FLsetVal            FLsetVal_i          FLsetVali
FLsetsnap           FLshow              FLslidBnk           FLslidBnk2
FLslidBnk2Set       FLslidBnk2Setk      FLslidBnkGetHandle  FLslidBnkSet
FLslidBnkSetk       FLslider            FLtabs              FLtabsEnd
FLtabs_end          FLtext              FLupdate            FLvalue
FLvkeybd            FLvslidBnk          FLvslidBnk2         FLxyin
JackoAudioIn        JackoAudioInConnect JackoAudioOut       JackoAudioOutConnect
JackoFreewheel      JackoInfo           JackoInit           JackoMidiInConnect
JackoMidiOut        JackoMidiOutConnect JackoNoteOut        JackoOn
JackoTransport      K35_hpf             K35_lpf             MixerClear
MixerGetLevel       MixerReceive        MixerSend           MixerSetLevel
MixerSetLevel_i     OSCbundle           OSCcount            OSCinit
OSCinitM            OSClisten           OSCraw              OSCsend
OSCsend_lo          S                   a                   abs

Maynooth University,
Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
Tel: 00 353 7086936
Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

> On 13 Aug 2019, at 17:30, Steven Yi  wrote:
>
> csound -z
>
> It should have something like this in the output:
>
> MixerReceive        MixerSend           MixerSetLevel
> MixerSetLevel_i
> OSCbundle           OSCcount            OSCinit             OSCinitM
> OSClisten           OSCraw              OSCsend             OSCsend_lo
> S                   a                   abs                 active
>

> On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 12:20 PM Eduardo Moguillansky
>  wrote:
>>
>> What should I look for to check if its there? I can download the
>> installer but have no direct access to the machine where this will run
>>
>> On 13.08.19 16:56, Victor Lazzarini wrote:
>>> It was missing, but I updated the package and it should be there now.
>>> ========================
>>> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
>>> Maynooth University,
>>> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
>>> Tel: 00 353 7086936
>>> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

>>> Csound mailing list
>>> Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
>>> Send bugs reports to
>>>         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>>
>> Csound mailing list
>> Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
>> Send bugs reports to
>>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

SubjectRe: [Csnd] help: osc in macOS
Just checked and it looks like the release was not updated with this package. I’m doing it now.
I don’t know what happened.
> [...]

> ========================
> Maynooth University,
> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> Tel: 00 353 7086936
> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>
>> On 13 Aug 2019, at 17:30, Steven Yi  wrote:
>>
>> csound -z
>>
>> It should have something like this in the output:
>>
>> MixerReceive        MixerSend           MixerSetLevel
>> MixerSetLevel_i
>> OSCbundle           OSCcount            OSCinit             OSCinitM
>> OSClisten           OSCraw              OSCsend             OSCsend_lo
>> S                   a                   abs                 active
>>

>> On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 12:20 PM Eduardo Moguillansky
>>  wrote:
>>>
>>> What should I look for to check if its there? I can download the
>>> installer but have no direct access to the machine where this will run

Ah sorry, didn't put two and two together there. I downloaded the dmg and can confirm libosc.dylib is missing.

On Tue, Aug 13, 2019, 12:38 Eduardo Moguillansky <eduardo.moguillansky@gmail.com> wrote:
I don't have access to the machine, so I can't do "csound -z", but I can
confirm that the installer posted in the last release does not have
libosc in Opcodes64

On 13.08.19 18:30, Steven Yi wrote:
> csound -z
>
> It should have something like this in the output:
>
> MixerReceive        MixerSend           MixerSetLevel
> MixerSetLevel_i
> OSCbundle           OSCcount            OSCinit             OSCinitM
> OSClisten           OSCraw              OSCsend             OSCsend_lo
> S                   a                   abs                 active
>

> On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 12:20 PM Eduardo Moguillansky
> <eduardo.moguillansky@gmail.com> wrote:
>> What should I look for to check if its there? I can download the
>> installer but have no direct access to the machine where this will run
>>
>> On 13.08.19 16:56, Victor Lazzarini wrote:
>>> It was missing, but I updated the package and it should be there now.
>>> ========================
>>> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
>>> Maynooth University,
>>> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
>>> Tel: 00 353 7086936
>>> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

>>> Csound mailing list
>>> Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
>>> Send bugs reports to
>>>           https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>> Csound mailing list
>> Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
>> Send bugs reports to
>>          https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>          https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

FromEduardo Moguillansky
SubjectRe: [Csnd] help: osc in macOS
thanks!!

just checked and libosc.dylid is there now

On 13.08.19 19:24, Victor Lazzarini wrote:
> [...]
>> OSCinitM            OSClisten           OSCraw              OSCsend
>> OSCsend_lo          S                   a                   abs
>>

>> ========================
>> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
>> Maynooth University,
>> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
>> Tel: 00 353 7086936
>> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>>
>>> On 13 Aug 2019, at 17:30, Steven Yi  wrote:
>>>
>>> csound -z
>>>
>>> It should have something like this in the output:
>>>
>>> MixerReceive        MixerSend           MixerSetLevel
>>> MixerSetLevel_i
>>> OSCbundle           OSCcount            OSCinit             OSCinitM
>>> OSClisten           OSCraw              OSCsend             OSCsend_lo
>>> S                   a                   abs                 active

Thanks for confirming, I don't know why the package had not been updated before.

Victor Lazzarini

> [...]
>>> FLtabs_end          FLtext              FLupdate            FLvalue
>>> FLvkeybd            FLvslidBnk          FLvslidBnk2         FLxyin
>>> JackoAudioIn        JackoAudioInConnect JackoAudioOut       JackoAudioOutConnect
>>> JackoFreewheel      JackoInfo           JackoInit           JackoMidiInConnect
>>> JackoMidiOut        JackoMidiOutConnect JackoNoteOut        JackoOn
>>> JackoTransport      K35_hpf             K35_lpf             MixerClear
>>> MixerGetLevel       MixerReceive        MixerSend           MixerSetLevel
>>> MixerSetLevel_i     OSCbundle           OSCcount            OSCinit
>>> OSCinitM            OSClisten           OSCraw              OSCsend
>>> OSCsend_lo          S                   a                   abs

>>> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,

FromAndreas Bergsland
SubjectRe: [Csnd] help: osc in macOS
Great! Thanks Victor!