[Csnd] Cabbage quit on mac

Date2021-11-21 06:37
Fromrmgls
Subject[Csnd] Cabbage quit on mac
	hello, i installed Cabbage on mac from the csound site, without csound, because i build it from source from git. consequently, the libcsound framework is missing and cabbage quit immediately. i have the csoundlib.dylib in /usr/loc
al/lib, and csound bin in /usr/local/bin as expected. Please, do i miss something? Thanks and bests. Raoul MEGELAS rmgls@orange.fr

SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd] Cabbage quit on mac
If you build Csound from sources normally by doing
make install

the framework will get installed in ~/Library/Frameworks by default and Cabbage will find it there. If however you install the CsoundLib64.framework somewhere else, then you will need to edit the links in the Cabbage executable file.

Try using otool -L to see where cabbage looks for libs and then install_name_tool to edit these links.

otool -L Cabbage.app/Contents/MacOS/Cabbage

and then

install_name_tool  -change oldlink newlink Cabbage.app/Contents/MacOS/Cabbage

> On 21 Nov 2021, at 06:38, rmgls  wrote:
>
> *Warning*
>
> This email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.
>
>        hello, i installed Cabbage on mac from the csound site, without csound, because i build it from source from git. consequently, the libcsound framework is missing and cabbage quit immediately. i have the csoundlib.dylib in /usr/loc
> al/lib, and csound bin in /usr/local/bin as expected. Please, do i miss something? Thanks and bests. Raoul MEGELAS rmgls@orange.fr

>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

FromRory Walsh
SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd] Cabbage quit on mac
I think make install actually installs it to ~/Library/Frameworks, at least it does here.

On Sun, 21 Nov 2021 at 09:28, Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
If you build Csound from sources normally by doing
make install

the framework will get installed in ~/Library/Frameworks by default and Cabbage will find it there. If however you install the CsoundLib64.framework somewhere else, then you will need to edit the links in the Cabbage executable file.

Try using otool -L to see where cabbage looks for libs and then install_name_tool to edit these links.

otool -L Cabbage.app/Contents/MacOS/Cabbage

and then

install_name_tool  -change oldlink newlink Cabbage.app/Contents/MacOS/Cabbage

> On 21 Nov 2021, at 06:38, rmgls <rmgls@orange.fr> wrote:
>
> *Warning*
>
> This email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.
>
>        hello, i installed Cabbage on mac from the csound site, without csound, because i build it from source from git. consequently, the libcsound framework is missing and cabbage quit immediately. i have the csoundlib.dylib in /usr/loc
> al/lib, and csound bin in /usr/local/bin as expected. Please, do i miss something? Thanks and bests. Raoul MEGELAS rmgls@orange.fr

>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd] Cabbage quit on mac
This is what I said.

> On 21 Nov 2021, at 11:29, Rory Walsh  wrote:
>
> I think make install actually installs it to ~/Library/Frameworks, at least it does here.
>
> On Sun, 21 Nov 2021 at 09:28, Victor Lazzarini  wrote:
> If you build Csound from sources normally by doing
> make install
>
> the framework will get installed in ~/Library/Frameworks by default and Cabbage will find it there. If however you install the CsoundLib64.framework somewhere else, then you will need to edit the links in the Cabbage executable file.
>
> Try using otool -L to see where cabbage looks for libs and then install_name_tool to edit these links.
>
> otool -L Cabbage.app/Contents/MacOS/Cabbage
>
> and then
>
> install_name_tool  -change oldlink newlink Cabbage.app/Contents/MacOS/Cabbage

> > On 21 Nov 2021, at 06:38, rmgls  wrote:
> >
> > *Warning*
> >
> > This email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.
> >
> >        hello, i installed Cabbage on mac from the csound site, without csound, because i build it from source from git. consequently, the libcsound framework is missing and cabbage quit immediately. i have the csoundlib.dylib in /usr/loc
> > al/lib, and csound bin in /usr/local/bin as expected. Please, do i miss something? Thanks and bests. Raoul MEGELAS rmgls@orange.fr
> >
> > Csound mailing list
> > Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
> > https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
> > Send bugs reports to
> >        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
> > Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

FromRory Walsh
SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd] Cabbage quit on mac
True. Well said! 🤣

On Sun 21 Nov 2021, 11:53 a.m. Victor Lazzarini, <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
This is what I said.

> On 21 Nov 2021, at 11:29, Rory Walsh <rorywalsh@ear.ie> wrote:
>
> I think make install actually installs it to ~/Library/Frameworks, at least it does here.
>
> On Sun, 21 Nov 2021 at 09:28, Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
> If you build Csound from sources normally by doing
> make install
>
> the framework will get installed in ~/Library/Frameworks by default and Cabbage will find it there. If however you install the CsoundLib64.framework somewhere else, then you will need to edit the links in the Cabbage executable file.
>
> Try using otool -L to see where cabbage looks for libs and then install_name_tool to edit these links.
>
> otool -L Cabbage.app/Contents/MacOS/Cabbage
>
> and then
>
> install_name_tool  -change oldlink newlink Cabbage.app/Contents/MacOS/Cabbage

> > On 21 Nov 2021, at 06:38, rmgls <rmgls@orange.fr> wrote:
> >
> > *Warning*
> >
> > This email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.
> >
> >        hello, i installed Cabbage on mac from the csound site, without csound, because i build it from source from git. consequently, the libcsound framework is missing and cabbage quit immediately. i have the csoundlib.dylib in /usr/loc
> > al/lib, and csound bin in /usr/local/bin as expected. Please, do i miss something? Thanks and bests. Raoul MEGELAS rmgls@orange.fr
> >
> > Csound mailing list
> > Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
> > https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
> > Send bugs reports to
> >        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
> > Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

Fromrmgls
SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd] Cabbage quit on mac
Hi Victor,

Thanks for your tips.
i will try it.
Bests.