[Csnd] Negative instrument numbers don't turnoff for me

Date2019-08-04 01:19
FromRichard Knight
Subject[Csnd] Negative instrument numbers don't turnoff for me

I recently read that negative instrument numbers will turn off the last playing instance of an instrument. Didn't realise this before so tried it to no avail:

instr 1
    a1 phasor 60
    outs a1, a1

i 1 0 10
i -1 1 1

this reports "could not find playing instr 1.000000"

Also I saw an example here that says event_i will handle the negative instrument numbers too. (http://write.flossmanuals.net/csound/b-triggering-instrument-instances/)
Tried the following along with the above instr 1, and rather than turnoff the instrument it created another instance.

instr 2
    event_i "i", p4, 0, p3

i 2 0 10 1
i 2 1 1 -1

Is my syntax right etc?

Date2019-08-04 06:32
FromTarmo Johannes
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Negative instrument numbers don't turnoff for me
Hi,

It works when the instrument has been started with indefinite duration like

i 1 0 -1

Tarmo

P, 4. august 2019 03:19 Richard Knight <richard@1bpm.net> kirjutas:

[...]

yes, and the chapter in the floss manual is about midi, so the
instrument instances are called with an indefinite duration.

	joachim

On 04/08/19 07:32, Tarmo Johannes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It works when the instrument has been started with indefinite duration like
>
> i 1 0 -1
>
> Tarmo
>
> P, 4. august 2019 03:19 Richard Knight  > kirjutas:
>
>     __
>
>     I recently read that negative instrument numbers will turn off the
>     last playing instance of an instrument. Didn't realise this before
>     so tried it to no avail:
>

>     instr 1
>         a1 phasor 60
>         outs a1, a1
>     endin

>     i 1 0 10
>     i -1 1 1
>

>     this reports "could not find playing instr 1.000000"
>
>     Also I saw an example here that says event_i will handle the
>     negative instrument numbers too.
>     (http://write.flossmanuals.net/csound/b-triggering-instrument-instances/)
>     Tried the following along with the above instr 1, and rather than
>     turnoff the instrument it created another instance.
>
>     instr 2
>         event_i "i", p4, 0, p3
>     endin

>     i 2 0 10 1
>     i 2 1 1 -1
>

>     Is my syntax right etc?

>     https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
>     https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and
>     features can be posted here

> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features
> can be posted here

FromRichard Knight
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Negative instrument numbers don't turnoff for me

Ah thank you both!

Hi, It works when the instrument has been started with indefinite duration like i 1 0 -1 Tarmo P, 4. august 2019 03:19 Richard Knight <richard@1bpm.net richard@1bpm.net>> kirjutas: __ I recently read that negative instrument numbers will turn off the last playing instance of an instrument. Didn't realise this before so tried it to no avail: instr 1 a1 phasor 60 outs a1, a1 endin ... i 1 0 10 i -1 1 1 this reports "could not find playing instr 1.000000" Also I saw an example here that says event_i will handle the negative instrument numbers too. (http://write.flossmanuals.net/csound/b-triggering-instrument-instances/) Tried the following along with the above instr 1, and rather than turnoff the instrument it created another instance. instr 2 event_i "i", p4, 0, p3 endin ... i 2 0 10 1 i 2 1 1 -1 Is my syntax right etc? Csound mailing list Csound@listserv.heanet.ie Csound@listserv.heanet.ie> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here Csound mailing list Csound@listserv.heanet.ie Csound@listserv.heanet.ie> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

http://rk.1bpm.net/