[Csnd] CsoundQt 0.9-7 release candidate

Date2020-01-12 16:22
FromTarmo Johannes
Subject[Csnd] CsoundQt 0.9-7 release candidate
Hi!

I uploaded  release candidate for new version of CsoundQt to:

See Assets for download packages

Please try if it works in the coming days to make it to the upcoming Csound 6.14 release!

There is a couple new or fixed things in this release:

  • Important for MacOS users: more secure way to store settings (hopefully solves problem on MacOS to corrupt settings file sometimes)

  • New, updated version of Stria Synth v30 by Eugenio Giordani  (Examples->Synths->Stria Synth)

  • More widgets supported in "Export Widgets to Qml": added meter, combobox (menu), display

  • Fixed Config Dialog size on smaller screens

  • Fixed templates menu

  • Experimental AppImage build for Linux: - this is just tryout for now, but if it works, it provides an easy way to  use CsoundQt on any (64bit) Linux -  just  download, make permission executable and run -  no building, no dependencies needed (this needs more work and testing, though):
    https://github.com/CsoundQt/CsoundQt/releases/download/0.9.7-rc1/CsoundQt-x86_64-Linux.AppImage
Thanks!
tarmo

FromEduardo Moguillansky
SubjectRe: [Csnd] CsoundQt 0.9-7 release candidate

Thanks for the AppImage version, it's greatly appreciated. I just tested and all seams to work. The only problem I have is that the manual is not found ("Not Found! Make sure the documentation path is set in the Configuration Dialog."). I point it to my build of the manual but the appimage version does not seem to see it (normal csoundqt finds it just fine).

thanks,

Eduardo

On 12.01.20 17:22, Tarmo Johannes wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the report!

I don't know yet how to deal with the manual dir. To be honest, I don't understand yet how the AppImage fileSystem works -  it mounts a temporary file system to /tmp and there must be a way how to access the "normal"  file system from  the package binary. There must be a way.
For now the package does not include extra examples yet (Floss, McCurdy, Stria) nor PythonQt nor Html support. I believe it is possible to bundle everything.
And maybe it is best to make an all-including Csound+CsoundQt package with all examples and manual, plugins; so user gets everything with one download.
I would recommend always building yourself or using systems's package manager packages instead of this, but in some cases it can be just very convenient -  if it works out.

tarmo

Kontakt Eduardo Moguillansky (<eduardo.moguillansky@gmail.com>) kirjutas kuupäeval P, 12. jaanuar 2020 kell 18:45:

[...]

Should we try referring to the online manual?

On 12 Jan 2020, at 16:58, Tarmo Johannes <trmjhnns@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Hi,

In case of CsoundQt this would require quite some rewrite that I am not planning to do now, also I think it is nice to be sometimes also network-independent.

Otherwise -  did anybody on Mac and Windows try this build? Works for me :)

tarmo

Kontakt Victor Lazzarini (<Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie>) kirjutas kuupäeval P, 12. jaanuar 2020 kell 20:38:
[...]

FromRichard
SubjectRe: [Csnd] CsoundQt 0.9-7 release candidate

Looks good on OS X here. I tried some of the examples.
Only when I select a shape in the String phaser widget the selected text is not shown...

Richard

On 12/01/2020 17:22, Tarmo Johannes wrote:
[...]

FromPartev Sarkissian <0000060b2ef1338e-dmarc-request@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE>
SubjectRe: [Csnd] CsoundQt 0.9-7 release candidate

Mac OS? Which ones?
I running 10.6.8 OS.

-PBS

[...]

CsoundQt 0.9.7 for MacOS is built on Mojave 10.14. Might easily be that SDK changes in the os make it incompatible with much older versions. Sorry, I cant help here. Your best solution is to build yourself or use CsoundQt 0.9.5 or older.

Tarmo

N, 16. jaanuar 2020 04:41 Partev Sarkissian <0000060b2ef1338e-dmarc-request@listserv.heanet.ie> kirjutas:

Mac OS? Which ones?
I running 10.6.8 OS.