[Csnd] Work in progress

Subject[Csnd] Work in progress
This is a draft of a new piece I am working on. Your comments are appreciated. More information is available on the linked page:

https://soundcloud.com/michael-gogins/porphyry-v5

Regards,

FromJason Hallen
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Work in progress
Mike, this is absolutely gorgeous.  Kudos to you on devising this system.  I could listen to it endlessly and would in fact happily listen to an entire album of outputs of the system.  Looking forward to hearing the final version!

Jason

On Thu, Mar 18, 2021 at 9:26 AM Michael Gogins <michael.gogins@gmail.com> wrote:
This is a draft of a new piece I am working on. Your comments are appreciated. More information is available on the linked page:

https://soundcloud.com/michael-gogins/porphyry-v5

Regards,

FromDave Seidel
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Work in progress
Really excellent work.

On Thu, Mar 18, 2021 at 12:28 PM Jason Hallen <hallenj@gmail.com> wrote:
Mike, this is absolutely gorgeous.  Kudos to you on devising this system.  I could listen to it endlessly and would in fact happily listen to an entire album of outputs of the system.  Looking forward to hearing the final version!

Jason

On Thu, Mar 18, 2021 at 9:26 AM Michael Gogins <michael.gogins@gmail.com> wrote:
This is a draft of a new piece I am working on. Your comments are appreciated. More information is available on the linked page:

https://soundcloud.com/michael-gogins/porphyry-v5

Regards,

FromBrad Garton
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Work in progress
This is wonderful, as always Michael!  It reminds me of my childhood.  You do some of the best 'algorithmic music' around.  Heck, some of the best just plain 'music music' around!

brad

On Thu, Mar 18, 2021 at 7:26 AM Michael Gogins <michael.gogins@gmail.com> wrote:
This is a draft of a new piece I am working on. Your comments are appreciated. More information is available on the linked page:

https://soundcloud.com/michael-gogins/porphyry-v5

Regards,

SubjectRe: [Csnd] Work in progress
Thanks, Brad! I'm really glad you liked this.

I hope you and your family keep well.

Best,

On Thu, Mar 18, 2021 at 1:00 PM Brad Garton <garton@columbia.edu> wrote:
This is wonderful, as always Michael!  It reminds me of my childhood.  You do some of the best 'algorithmic music' around.  Heck, some of the best just plain 'music music' around!

brad

On Thu, Mar 18, 2021 at 7:26 AM Michael Gogins <michael.gogins@gmail.com> wrote:
This is a draft of a new piece I am working on. Your comments are appreciated. More information is available on the linked page:

https://soundcloud.com/michael-gogins/porphyry-v5

Regards,

From"Jeanette C."
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Work in progress
Hello Michael,
this is very neat! I must grudgingly accept that Mozart has done some good. :)
though I will subscribe the real beauty to your refinement and pairing of all
these ideas. Being a simple soul, I mainly think that it sounds beautiful and
has lovely harmonies and the random, but continuous (plausible), changes
captivate the interest. Beautiful! The end may be a little abrupt, but not
uncomfortably so.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

Mar 18 2021, Michael Gogins has written:

> This is a draft of a new piece I am working on. Your comments are
> appreciated. More information is available on the linked page:
>
> https://soundcloud.com/michael-gogins/porphyry-v5
>
> Regards,
> Mike

>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

Open my eyes,
I look deep inside,
I run away... <3
(Britney Spears)

FromOeyvind Brandtsegg
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Work in progress
Wow. That is interesting and mesmerizing. Nice touch with the modulations!