From: A discussion list for users of Csound <CSOUND@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE> on behalf of Andreas Bergsland <andreas.bergsland@NTNU.NO>
Reply to: A discussion list for users of Csound <CSOUND@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE>
Date: Wednesday, 3 February 2021 at 11:32
To: "CSOUND@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE" <CSOUND@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE>
Subject: [Csnd] Building with python opcodes

Hi

I followed the instructions at https://github.com/csound/csound/blob/develop/BUILD.md to build csound on a Ubuntu 18.04.05 LTS system.

However, it seems it hasn’t included the python opcodes in the build.

Do I have to add some build options or do something special to get those?

Best,

Andreas

--

Andreas Bergsland

Associate professor - førsteamanuensis

Study Programme Leader - studieprogramleder

Music Technology Programme - Musikkteknologiseksjonen

Department of Music - Institutt for musikk

Olavskvartalet

NTNU (Norwegian University of Science and Technology)

7491 Trondheim, NORWAY

Visiting address/besøksadresse: Fjordgt.1 (3.etg.)

e-mail: andreas.bergsland@ntnu.no

Office phone (Skype for business):7359 0096

Mobil: 4566 3316

Zoom: https://NTNU.zoom.us/my/andreas.bergsland

Web: http://folk.ntnu.no/andbe

VIBRA-project: https://www.vibra.no/

https://www.ntnu.edu/studies/mmct

https://www.ntnu.no/studier/mmust

FromFrancois PINOT
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Building with python opcodes
The python opcodes have been ported to Python 3.0. As a prefiguration of Csound 7, plugins will have to be built apart from the core Csound. Actually, you can build the python opcodes for Python 3 from here: https://github.com/csound/plugins.

François

Le mer. 3 févr. 2021 à 11:49, Andreas Bergsland <andreas.bergsland@ntnu.no> a écrit :

It seems to have python 2.7. Can I then just use

Cmake -DBUILD_PYTHON_OPCODES=1

?

Best, Andreas

From: A discussion list for users of Csound <CSOUND@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE> on behalf of Andreas Bergsland <andreas.bergsland@NTNU.NO>
Reply to: A discussion list for users of Csound <CSOUND@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE>
Date: Wednesday, 3 February 2021 at 11:32
To: "CSOUND@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE" <CSOUND@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE>

[...]

FromAndreas Bergsland
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Building with python opcodes

Cmake -DBUILD_PYTHON_OPCODES=1

Did the trick for Ubuntu 18.05 and Python 2.7 at least.

Earlier I tried to build the Python 3 opcodes on my mac, and it worked!

Best, Andreas

From: A discussion list for users of Csound <CSOUND@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE> on behalf of Andreas Bergsland <andreas.bergsland@NTNU.NO>
Reply to: A discussion list for users of Csound <CSOUND@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE>
Date: Wednesday, 3 February 2021 at 11:32
To: "CSOUND@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE" <CSOUND@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE>

[...]

SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd] Building with python opcodes
I think the Python3 opcodes are the way to go.