[Csnd] Linux Make not found

Date2020-06-07 16:49
FromMarcelo Carneiro de Lima
Subject[Csnd] Linux Make not found
Hi. Hope you are all in good health.
I am facing problems again in installing csound on Ubuntu studio 18.04. As happened before, make cannot be found despite the fact I have already installed the respective dependencies. Any suggestions?
Thank you
Best
Marcelo
--
Marcelo Carneiro
(21) 9382-3621

Fromjohn
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Linux Make not found
When you say make cannot be found have you installed the package make?  I
do not hae Ubuntu systems ere but o Debian thee is a packaged called make

On Sun, 7 Jun 2020, Marcelo Carneiro de Lima wrote:

> Hi. Hope you are all in good health.
> I am facing problems again in installing csound on Ubuntu studio 18.04. As
> happened before, make cannot be found despite the fact I have already
> installed the respective dependencies. Any suggestions?
> Thank you
> Best
> Marcelo
> --
> Marcelo Carneiro
> (21) 9382-3621
> (21) 3497-0193
> Skype: Carneiro3729
> http://marceloarcos2.wixsite.com/marcelocarneiro
> be posted here

FromGuillermo Senna
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Linux Make not found
sudo apt install build-essential?

On 7/6/20 13:36, john wrote:
> When you say make cannot be found have you installed the package
> make?  I do not hae Ubuntu systems ere but o Debian thee is a packaged
> called make
>

> On Sun, 7 Jun 2020, Marcelo Carneiro de Lima wrote:
>
>> Hi. Hope you are all in good health.
>> I am facing problems again in installing csound on Ubuntu studio
>> 18.04. As
>> happened before, make cannot be found despite the fact I have already
>> installed the respective dependencies. Any suggestions?
>> Thank you
>> Best
>> Marcelo
>> --
>> Marcelo Carneiro
>> (21) 9382-3621
>> (21) 3497-0193
>> Skype: Carneiro3729
>> http://marceloarcos2.wixsite.com/marcelocarneiro
>> features can
>> be posted here

>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

FromSyl Morrison
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Linux Make not found
Does configuration succeed? cause I was having it fail on 20.04, there's another thread in the mailing list about it!

On 7/6/20 13:36, john wrote:
> When you say make cannot be found have you installed the package
> make?  I do not hae Ubuntu systems ere but o Debian thee is a packaged
> called make
>

> On Sun, 7 Jun 2020, Marcelo Carneiro de Lima wrote:
>
>> Hi. Hope you are all in good health.
>> I am facing problems again in installing csound on Ubuntu studio
>> 18.04. As
>> happened before, make cannot be found despite the fact I have already
>> installed the respective dependencies. Any suggestions?
>> Thank you
>> Best
>> Marcelo
>> --
>> Marcelo Carneiro
>> (21) 9382-3621
>> (21) 3497-0193
>> Skype: Carneiro3729
>> http://marceloarcos2.wixsite.com/marcelocarneiro
>> features can
>> be posted here

>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

FromMarcelo Carneiro de Lima
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Linux Make not found
Hi. Hope you’re all in good health. I did install csound (git clone) but after [cmake ..] a message saying that “sndfile Library cannot be found“ appears. Installed cmake-GUI to solve the problem but have a few questions:
1. Where to download sndfile library from?
2. If it’s already in the system (Ubuntu 18.04), where to find it and how to install it for csound?
3. Do I download it from somewhere and then use cmake-gui to build it in csound build folder?
Thanks. Be all good in health.
Bests
Marcelo

On 7/6/20 13:36, john wrote:
> When you say make cannot be found have you installed the package
> make?  I do not hae Ubuntu systems ere but o Debian thee is a packaged
> called make
>

> On Sun, 7 Jun 2020, Marcelo Carneiro de Lima wrote:
>
>> Hi. Hope you are all in good health.
>> I am facing problems again in installing csound on Ubuntu studio
>> 18.04. As
>> happened before, make cannot be found despite the fact I have already
>> installed the respective dependencies. Any suggestions?
>> Thank you
>> Best
>> Marcelo
>> --
>> Marcelo Carneiro
>> (21) 9382-3621
>> (21) 3497-0193
>> Skype: Carneiro3729
>> http://marceloarcos2.wixsite.com/marcelocarneiro
>> features can
>> be posted here

>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Marcelo Carneiro
(21) 9382-3621
(21) 3497-0193

FromMarcelo Carneiro de Lima
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Linux Make not found
Also this when trying to build libsndfile-1.0.28
-- Using unsigned short
-- Check if the system is big endian - little endian
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:423 (message):
  Csound requires the sndfile library

On 7/6/20 13:36, john wrote:
> When you say make cannot be found have you installed the package
> make?  I do not hae Ubuntu systems ere but o Debian thee is a packaged
> called make
>

> On Sun, 7 Jun 2020, Marcelo Carneiro de Lima wrote:
>
>> Hi. Hope you are all in good health.
>> I am facing problems again in installing csound on Ubuntu studio
>> 18.04. As
>> happened before, make cannot be found despite the fact I have already
>> installed the respective dependencies. Any suggestions?
>> Thank you
>> Best
>> Marcelo
>> --
>> Marcelo Carneiro
>> (21) 9382-3621
>> (21) 3497-0193
>> Skype: Carneiro3729
>> http://marceloarcos2.wixsite.com/marcelocarneiro
>> features can
>> be posted here

>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Marcelo Carneiro
(21) 9382-3621
(21) 3497-0193

--
Marcelo Carneiro
(21) 9382-3621
(21) 3497-0193

FromPete Goodeve
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Linux Make not found
AttachmentsNone

Date2020-06-08 14:11

Em seg., 8 de jun. de 2020 às 00:19, Pete Goodeve <pete.goodeve@computer.org> escreveu:
On Sun, Jun 07, 2020 at 08:29:20PM -0300, Marcelo Carneiro de Lima wrote:
> Hi. Hope you’re all in good health. I did install csound (git clone) but
> after [cmake ..] a message saying that “sndfile Library cannot be found“
> appears. Installed cmake-GUI to solve the problem but have a few questions:
> 1. Where to download sndfile library from?
> 2. If it’s already in the system (Ubuntu 18.04), where to find it and how
> to install it for csound?
> 3. Do I download it from somewhere and then use cmake-gui to build it in
> csound build folder?

I don't think libsndfile is present by default. Use 'aptitude search libsndfile'
to check.  I believe it has to be "libsndfile1" for Csound -- version 2 isn't
handled yet.

apt-get should fetch it for you.  You probably also need "libsndfile1-dev"
when building Csound.  You shouldn't need to build libsndfil;e itself.

HTH

        -- Pete --

Marcelo Carneiro
(21) 9382-3621
(21) 3497-0193

SubjectRe: [Csnd] Linux Make not found
i am surprised it is not installed in advance.  did you run
	sudo apt-get build-dep csound

as described in
https://github.com/csound/csound/blob/develop/BUILD.md#debian?

On 08/06/2020 15:11, Marcelo Carneiro de Lima wrote:
> Thank you
>
> Em seg., 8 de jun. de 2020 às 00:19, Pete Goodeve
> > escreveu:
>
>     On Sun, Jun 07, 2020 at 08:29:20PM -0300, Marcelo Carneiro de Lima
>     wrote:
>      > Hi. Hope you’re all in good health. I did install csound (git
>     clone) but
>      > after [cmake ..] a message saying that “sndfile Library cannot be
>     found“
>      > appears. Installed cmake-GUI to solve the problem but have a few
>     questions:
>      > 1. Where to download sndfile library from?
>      > 2. If it’s already in the system (Ubuntu 18.04), where to find it
>     and how
>      > to install it for csound?
>      > 3. Do I download it from somewhere and then use cmake-gui to
>     build it in
>      > csound build folder?
>
>     I don't think libsndfile is present by default. Use 'aptitude search
>     libsndfile'
>     to check.  I believe it has to be "libsndfile1" for Csound --
>     version 2 isn't
>     handled yet.
>
>     apt-get should fetch it for you.  You probably also need
>     "libsndfile1-dev"
>     when building Csound.  You shouldn't need to build libsndfil;e itself.
>
>     HTH
>
>              -- Pete --
>
>     Csound mailing list
>     Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
>     https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>     Send bugs reports to
>     https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>     Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here
>

> --
> *Marcelo Carneiro*
> (21) 9382-3621
> (21) 3497-0193
> Skype: Carneiro3729
> http://marceloarcos2.wixsite.com/marcelocarneiro

> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features
> can be posted here

FromMarcelo Carneiro de Lima
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Linux Make not found
AttachmentsCMakeOutput.log
Hi, sorry I took so long to answer: health issues.

On Terminal:

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:423 (message):
  Csound requires the sndfile library

See also "/home/marcelo/csound/cs6make/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
marcelo@marcelo-HP-14-Notebook-PC:~/csound/cs6make$

Em seg., 8 de jun. de 2020 às 13:41, joachim heintz <jh@joachimheintz.de> escreveu:
i am surprised it is not installed in advance.  did you run
        sudo apt-get build-dep csound

as described in
https://github.com/csound/csound/blob/develop/BUILD.md#debian?

On 08/06/2020 15:11, Marcelo Carneiro de Lima wrote:
> Thank you
>
> Em seg., 8 de jun. de 2020 às 00:19, Pete Goodeve
> <pete.goodeve@computer.org <mailto:pete.goodeve@computer.org>> escreveu:
>
>     On Sun, Jun 07, 2020 at 08:29:20PM -0300, Marcelo Carneiro de Lima
>     wrote:
>      > Hi. Hope you’re all in good health. I did install csound (git
>     clone) but
>      > after [cmake ..] a message saying that “sndfile Library cannot be
>     found“
>      > appears. Installed cmake-GUI to solve the problem but have a few
>     questions:
>      > 1. Where to download sndfile library from?
>      > 2. If it’s already in the system (Ubuntu 18.04), where to find it
>     and how
>      > to install it for csound?
>      > 3. Do I download it from somewhere and then use cmake-gui to
>     build it in
>      > csound build folder?
>
>     I don't think libsndfile is present by default. Use 'aptitude search
>     libsndfile'
>     to check.  I believe it has to be "libsndfile1" for Csound --
>     version 2 isn't
>     handled yet.
>
>     apt-get should fetch it for you.  You probably also need
>     "libsndfile1-dev"
>     when building Csound.  You shouldn't need to build libsndfil;e itself.
>
>     HTH
>
>              -- Pete --
>
>     Csound mailing list
>     Csound@listserv.heanet.ie <mailto:Csound@listserv.heanet.ie>
>     https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>     Send bugs reports to
>     https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>     Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here
>

> --
> *Marcelo Carneiro*
> (21) 9382-3621
> (21) 3497-0193
> Skype: Carneiro3729
> http://marceloarcos2.wixsite.com/marcelocarneiro
> can be posted here

Marcelo Carneiro
(21) 9382-3621
(21) 3497-0193

SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] Re: [Csnd] Linux Make not found
I'd say

-- Try sudo apt-get install libsndfile1-dev

-- nuke your build dir and make a new one,
change to it, run cmake .. from there

On 30 Jun 2020, at 21:59, Marcelo Carneiro de Lima <marcelo.arcos2@gmail.com> wrote:

*Warning*

This email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.

Hi, sorry I took so long to answer: health issues.

On Terminal:

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:423 (message):
  Csound requires the sndfile library

See also "/home/marcelo/csound/cs6make/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
marcelo@marcelo-HP-14-Notebook-PC:~/csound/cs6make$

Em seg., 8 de jun. de 2020 às 13:41, joachim heintz <jh@joachimheintz.de> escreveu:
i am surprised it is not installed in advance.  did you run
        sudo apt-get build-dep csound

as described in
https://github.com/csound/csound/blob/develop/BUILD.md#debian?

On 08/06/2020 15:11, Marcelo Carneiro de Lima wrote:
> Thank you
>
> Em seg., 8 de jun. de 2020 às 00:19, Pete Goodeve
> <pete.goodeve@computer.org <mailto:pete.goodeve@computer.org>> escreveu:
>
>     On Sun, Jun 07, 2020 at 08:29:20PM -0300, Marcelo Carneiro de Lima
>     wrote:
>      > Hi. Hope you’re all in good health. I did install csound (git
>     clone) but
>      > after [cmake ..] a message saying that “sndfile Library cannot be
>     found“
>      > appears. Installed cmake-GUI to solve the problem but have a few
>     questions:
>      > 1. Where to download sndfile library from?
>      > 2. If it’s already in the system (Ubuntu 18.04), where to find it
>     and how
>      > to install it for csound?
>      > 3. Do I download it from somewhere and then use cmake-gui to
>     build it in
>      > csound build folder?
>
>     I don't think libsndfile is present by default. Use 'aptitude search
>     libsndfile'
>     to check.  I believe it has to be "libsndfile1" for Csound --
>     version 2 isn't
>     handled yet.
>
>     apt-get should fetch it for you.  You probably also need
>     "libsndfile1-dev"
>     when building Csound.  You shouldn't need to build libsndfil;e itself.
>
>     HTH
>
>              -- Pete --
>
>     Csound mailing list
>     Csound@listserv.heanet.ie <mailto:Csound@listserv.heanet.ie>
>     https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>     Send bugs reports to
>     https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>     Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here
>

> --
> *Marcelo Carneiro*
> (21) 9382-3621
> (21) 3497-0193
> Skype: Carneiro3729
> http://marceloarcos2.wixsite.com/marcelocarneiro
> can be posted here

Marcelo Carneiro
(21) 9382-3621
(21) 3497-0193
<CMakeOutput.log>

Date2020-07-02 17:23
FromMarcelo Carneiro de Lima
SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] Re: [Csnd] Linux Make not found
Ok, thanks Victor, I will try it here.
Best
Marcelo

Em qua., 1 de jul. de 2020 às 19:51, Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> escreveu:
> [...]

>     build it in
>      > csound build folder?
>
>     I don't think libsndfile is present by default. Use 'aptitude search
>     libsndfile'
>     to check.  I believe it has to be "libsndfile1" for Csound --
>     version 2 isn't
>     handled yet.
>
>     apt-get should fetch it for you.  You probably also need
>     "libsndfile1-dev"
>     when building Csound.  You shouldn't need to build libsndfil;e itself.
>
>     HTH
>
>              -- Pete --
>
>     Csound mailing list
>     Csound@listserv.heanet.ie <mailto:Csound@listserv.heanet.ie>
>     https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>     Send bugs reports to
>     https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>     Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

Marcelo Carneiro
(21) 9382-3621
(21) 3497-0193
<CMakeOutput.log>