[Csnd] regarding Webaudio

Date2020-11-30 10:25
FromRichard
Subject[Csnd] regarding Webaudio

This was a question posed on the forum by someone in 2018:

What is the current best practice for Csound on the web?

It is still not clear to me. There is some non-documented material with closures.
How to install it? How to use it?

Do I need Emscripten somehow? Or can I download Csound.js and CsoundObj.js and just use it?

It would be very nice if someone could provide an overview of the current status.
The question I referred to contains a lot of dead links...

Richard

Date2020-11-30 11:28
FromJohann Philippe <000002c2c0737523-dmarc-request@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE>
SubjectRe: [Csnd] regarding Webaudio

Hello Richard,

From my experience, you only need Emscripten if you want to compile Csound for web (if you want to create the Csound.js and CsoundObj.js from Csound's source code).
If you want to use CsoundObj.js or Csound.js, you only need to include it as a <script> in your html page. There are some useful examples and documentations :

Johann

Le lundi 30 novembre 2020 à 11:25:39 UTC+1, Richard <zappfinger@gmail.com> a écrit :

This was a question posed on the forum by someone in 2018:

What is the current best practice for Csound on the web?

It is still not clear to me. There is some non-documented material with closures.
How to install it? How to use it?

Do I need Emscripten somehow? Or can I download Csound.js and CsoundObj.js and just use it?

It would be very nice if someone could provide an overview of the current status.
The question I referred to contains a lot of dead links...

Richard

SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd] regarding Webaudio
yes, you should only need Csound

https://github.com/csound/csound/releases/download/6.15.0/csound-web-6.15.0.zip

and then write your pages around it.