[Csnd] Triggered linear segment

Date2020-06-08 15:57
From"Jeanette C."
Subject[Csnd] Triggered linear segment
Hey hey,
is there a simple opcode or short code snippet that could generate a linear
envelope that will be retriggered by something like metro, but simply fade to
0 (last value) when no more triggers are incoming?

I have experimented with loopsegs, but they will keep on going after the
triggers are removed.

I'm trying to repeatedly hit a bell and then stop and let it ring out.

Currently I have something like:
kMainGate loopseg .5, 0, 0, 1, itime1, 1, 0, 0, itime2, 0
kBeater metro ibeatfreq
kBeater *= kMainGate ; don't beat when gate is down
kBellGate loopseg (ibeatfreq * .6), kBeater, 0, 1, 1, 0

How to make sure that kBellGate will ring out naturally and stop before the
next natural cycle (ibeatfreq * .6)?

Does anyne have an idea, please?

Best wishes,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

Loneliness up ahead, emptiness behind <3
(Britney Spears)

FromTarmo Johannes
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Triggered linear segment
Hi,
can lineto opcode help you?

tarmo

Kontakt Jeanette C. (<julien@mail.upb.de>) kirjutas kuupäeval E, 8. juuni 2020 kell 17:56:
[...]

Jun 8 2020, Tarmo Johannes has written:

> Hi,
> can lineto opcode help you?
I tried that, but couldn't get it to do the work. I ended up using my
own m_segk UDO after all. It does the trick and one external dependency
isn't too bad...

Thanks and best wishes,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

When you need someone, you just turn around and I will be there <3
(Britney Spears)

Fromthorin kerr
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Triggered linear segment
Perhaps Linek from the old udo repository?

http://www.csounds.com/udo/displayOpcode.php?opcode_id=129

Not sure about the re-triggers though.

Thorin

On Tue, 9 Jun. 2020, 12:56 am Jeanette C., <julien@mail.upb.de> wrote:
[...]

FromRory Walsh
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Triggered linear segment
If you don't mind using a third party opcode:

On Mon, 8 Jun 2020 at 16:54, thorin kerr <thorin.kerr@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Jun 9 2020, Rory Walsh has written:

> If you don't mind using a third party opcode:
> https://rorywalsh.github.io/csoundPluginOpcodes/#/trigLinseg
For this project I do mind, but this sounds VERY interesting! Thanks for
pointing me to that. I think this might well ease the development of a
few other things.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

> On Mon, 8 Jun 2020 at 16:54, thorin kerr  wrote:
>
>> Perhaps Linek from the old udo repository?
>>
>> http://www.csounds.com/udo/displayOpcode.php?opcode_id=129
>>
>> Not sure about the re-triggers though.
>>

>> Thorin
>>

>> On Tue, 9 Jun. 2020, 12:56 am Jeanette C.,  wrote:
>>
>>> Hey hey,
>>> is there a simple opcode or short code snippet that could generate a
>>> linear
>>> envelope that will be retriggered by something like metro, but simply
>>> fade to
>>> 0 (last value) when no more triggers are incoming?
>>>
>>> I have experimented with loopsegs, but they will keep on going after the
>>> triggers are removed.
>>>
>>> I'm trying to repeatedly hit a bell and then stop and let it ring out.
>>>
>>> Currently I have something like:
>>> kMainGate loopseg .5, 0, 0, 1, itime1, 1, 0, 0, itime2, 0
>>> kBeater metro ibeatfreq
>>> kBeater *= kMainGate ; don't beat when gate is down
>>> kBellGate loopseg (ibeatfreq * .6), kBeater, 0, 1, 1, 0
>>>
>>> How to make sure that kBellGate will ring out naturally and stop before
>>> the
>>> next natural cycle (ibeatfreq * .6)?
>>>
>>> Does anyne have an idea, please?
>>>
>>> Best wishes,
>>>
>>> Jeanette
>>>
>>> --
>>>   * Website: http://juliencoder.de - for summer is a state of sound
>>>   * Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMS4rfGrTwz8W7jhC1Jnv7g
>>>   * SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/jeanette_c
>>>   * Twitter: https://twitter.com/jeanette_c_s
>>>   * Audiobombs: https://www.audiobombs.com/users/jeanette_c
>>>   * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c
>>>
>>> Loneliness up ahead, emptiness behind <3
>>> (Britney Spears)
>>>
>>> Csound mailing list
>>> Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
>>> Send bugs reports to
>>>         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

>> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
>> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features
>> can be posted here

>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

Give me a sign...
Hit me Baby one more time <3
(Britney Spears)

From"Dr. Richard Boulanger"
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Triggered linear segment
Rory,

Could you please consider adding your trigLineseg and trigExpseg opcodes to Csound for the next release?
- all my students want to use these with their Bela projects especially.

-dB

Dr. Richard Boulanger

Professor of Electronic Production and Design

Berklee College of Music

Professional Writing and Technology Division

On Tue, Jun 9, 2020 at 6:37 AM Rory Walsh <rorywalsh@ear.ie> wrote:
[...]

I'd be happy to, but they might not appear until 7.0