[Csnd] Online meetups

Subject[Csnd] Online meetups
I miss the online Csound Zoom meetings that we had.

I am thinking about hosting a regular meeting of this sort. But first, I would like to know how many people would attend, to see if that would justify the work. I need to know (a) who might contribute something to demonstrate or discuss, and (b) who might simply view the meeting.

The format would be as described below. Please respond to the list or privately with any suggestions or criticisms.

The International Csound Users Group Meeting is a monthly virtual meeting for all those interested in learning, using, or contributing to the Csound system for computer music. Meetings are also open to the discussion of issues of computer music in general, both musical and technical.

The meeting is hosted and chaired by myself, Michael Gogins, on Zoom. The time is the first Thursday of each month at 21:00 UTC (14:00 EST). Meetings can accommodate up to 300 participants with reasonably good audio quality, and normally last from one to two hours.

Please email me at michael.gogins@gmail.com to suggest topics for presentation or discussion. Suitable topics include:

Questions on how to install or configure Csound.
Questions on how best to use Csound.
Presentation of new techniques for sound synthesis or algorithmic composition with Csound.
Presentation of new features in Csound.
Presentation of new tools to be used with Csound or to augment Csound.
Presentation of music made with Csound or other electroacoustic music (but see below).

We welcome the presentation and discussion of pieces made with Csound, or indeed of any piece of electroacoustic music created by a participant, but all music (excepting live demonstrations) should be hosted on some external platform such as YouTube or SoundCloud, as we will play only the first few minutes of a piece during the meeting in order not to disrupt the flow of discussion. For this reason, we prefer to announce pieces for upcoming meetings in advance.

The agenda and Zoom link for upcoming meetings will be posted to the Csound mailing list a few days in advance of each meeting.

Thanks,

FromJason Hallen
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Online meetups
Hi Mike,

This is a great idea.  I'd mostly just sit in on these meetings and listen but might jump in with an occasional question.  Thanks for organizing it.

Jason

On Mon, Jan 4, 2021 at 9:27 AM Michael Gogins <michael.gogins@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

From"Jeanette C."
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Online meetups
Hello Michael!
Jan 4 2021, Michael Gogins has written:
> I am thinking about hosting a regular meeting of this sort. But first, I
> would like to know how many people would attend, to see if that would
> justify the work.
I'd attend, mostly listening, though I have at least one finished piece
tht only requires a computer graphic to go with it on Youtube. So
perhaps not this month yet.

I also enjoyed the meetings we had in the summer of last year very much.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

Skip on the drinks Head to the floor
Makin' my way Past the show
My body's taken over And I want some more <3
(Britney Spears)

From"Dr. Richard Boulanger"
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Online meetups
Michael,

Happy New Year,

Glad that you will be running a regular monthly meeting.

I will be there for sure.

-dB

Dr. Richard Boulanger

Professor of Electronic Production and Design

Berklee College of Music

Professional Writing and Technology Division

On Mon, Jan 4, 2021 at 10:27 AM Michael Gogins <michael.gogins@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Fromfrancesco
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Online meetups
Hello Michael,

beautiful idea. i will be really interested in this (as a viewer).

Thanks,

ciao,

francesco.

FromDave Seidel
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Online meetups
I'm definitely interested, and could discuss the CV Tools code I've been developing and releasing.

- Dave

[...]

Would love a demo of CV Tools!

Dr. Richard Boulanger
Professor

On Jan 4, 2021, at 5:13 PM, Dave Seidel <dave.seidel@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Fromljc
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Online meetups
Great idea, Michael, I'm sure you'd have more than enough participants
to justify the effort.

--
luis jure

FromTarmo Johannes
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Online meetups
Thank you, Michael!
I will be glad to join if I ever can.
Tarmo

T, 5. jaanuar 2021 00:36 ljc <ljc@internet.com.uy> kirjutas:

FromdocB <000005d2745f1ec0-dmarc-request@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE>
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Online meetups

hi,

if there is interest i could make a talk about further results of my efforts in wave terrain synthesis, (this time with more than 2h preparation time ;-)

here: the genetic wave terrain algorithm (normal curves and superformula) with some tools and applications.

another topic: i could present some discoveries on "Bit-Synthesis" with csound (based on Viznut's music from very short or "one line"  c programs)

best Christian

On 1/4/21 4:26 PM, Michael Gogins wrote:
[...]

FromOeyvind Brandtsegg
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Online meetups
Thanks for organizing, Michael. I would like to attend.
If the time was bumped one hour earlier it might make it easier for me, although I understand it is hard to find a time suitable for all time zones.

tir. 5. jan. 2021 kl. 00:32 skrev docB <000005d2745f1ec0-dmarc-request@listserv.heanet.ie>:

[...]

I finally paid close attention to the proposed time, 21:00 UTC (14:00 EST) on the first Thursday of each month. This will be a problem for me, as my job occupies me from 9:00 to 15:00 EST, Monday through Friday. I well understand that making it any later would not be good for many people, but could we consider doing it on the weekend instead?

[...]

FromDave Phillips
On 1/4/21 10:26 AM, Michael Gogins wrote:
> I miss the online Csound Zoom meetings that we had.
>
> I am thinking about hosting a regular meeting of this sort. But first,
> I would like to know how many people would attend, to see if that
> would justify the work. I need to know (a) who might contribute
> something to demonstrate or discuss, and (b) who might simply view the
> meeting.

I'm interested. I'll definitely try to attend if only for listening to
other presentations, but I'd be happy to offer a little talk on what
I've been doing with VCV Rack connected to other environments such as
Pd, OpenMusic, and Csound, if anyone's interested.

Best regards,

dp

Fromjohn
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Online meetups
i lke the idea but Thursday evening at that time is aready taken for me.
Hope it works out for most people
==Jon ff

On Mon, 4 Jan 2021, Michael Gogins wrote:

> I miss the online Csound Zoom meetings that we had.
> I am thinking about hosting a regular meeting of this sort. But first, I would
> like to know how many people would attend, to see if that would justify the
> work. I need to know (a) who might contribute something to demonstrate or
> discuss, and (b) who might simply view the meeting.
>
> The format would be as described below. Please respond to the list or
> privately with any suggestions or criticisms.
>
> The International Csound Users Group Meeting is a monthly virtual meeting for
> all those interested in learning, using, or contributing to the Csound system
> for computer music. Meetings are also open to the discussion of issues of
> computer music in general, both musical and technical.
>
> The meeting is hosted and chaired by myself, Michael Gogins, on Zoom. The time
> is the first Thursday of each month at 21:00 UTC (14:00 EST). Meetings can
> accommodate up to 300 participants with reasonably good audio quality, and
> normally last from one to two hours.
>
> Please email me at michael.gogins@gmail.com to suggest topics for presentation
> or discussion. Suitable topics include:
>
> Questions on how to install or configure Csound.
> Questions on how best to use Csound.
> Presentation of new techniques for sound synthesis or algorithmic composition
> with Csound.
> Presentation of new features in Csound.
> Presentation of new tools to be used with Csound or to augment Csound.
> Presentation of music made with Csound or other electroacoustic music (but see
> below).
>
> We welcome the presentation and discussion of pieces made with Csound, or
> indeed of any piece of electroacoustic music created by a participant, but all
> music (excepting live demonstrations) should be hosted on some external
> platform such as YouTube or SoundCloud, as we will play only the first few
> minutes of a piece during the meeting in order not to disrupt the flow of
> discussion. For this reason, we prefer to announce pieces for upcoming
> meetings in advance.
>
> The agenda and Zoom link for upcoming meetings will be posted to the Csound
> mailing list a few days in advance of each meeting.
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

> be posted here

From"Dr. Richard Boulanger"
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Online meetups
What about Monday or Wednesday instead (or Saturday or Sunday)?
I would love John ffitch to be at each meeting.

Dr. Richard Boulanger

On Tue, Jan 5, 2021 at 3:06 PM john <jpff@codemist.co.uk> wrote:
> [...]

> https://us-west-2.protection.sophos.com?d=github.com&u=aHR0cHM6Ly9naXRodWIuY29tL2Nzb3VuZC9jc291bmQvaXNzdWVz&i=NWYxNzBkMDNiNTVmZGEwZmIyNjczYmRm&t=YlNrQ2lLclRLZUpGUE1iR0FyY2M1eW1NTUU5SUozWlJwMTNZU2NXT1BLOD0=&h=43b8ffb98bad4742a37a4503eb7d1adc Discussions of bugs and features can
> be posted here

https://us-west-2.protection.sophos.com?d=heanet.ie&u=aHR0cHM6Ly9saXN0c2Vydi5oZWFuZXQuaWUvY2dpLWJpbi93YT9BMD1DU09VTkQ=&i=NWYxNzBkMDNiNTVmZGEwZmIyNjczYmRm&t=WVZMRlI4dlFUVUZ6V2NTOUU5eE9lZnFIemtoc2hxYlBDMFFCWmtKZzhzRT0=&h=43b8ffb98bad4742a37a4503eb7d1adc
Send bugs reports to
        https://us-west-2.protection.sophos.com?d=github.com&u=aHR0cHM6Ly9naXRodWIuY29tL2Nzb3VuZC9jc291bmQvaXNzdWVz&i=NWYxNzBkMDNiNTVmZGEwZmIyNjczYmRm&t=YlNrQ2lLclRLZUpGUE1iR0FyY2M1eW1NTUU5SUozWlJwMTNZU2NXT1BLOD0=&h=43b8ffb98bad4742a37a4503eb7d1adc

FromEric Maestri
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Online meetups
Hi all,

The meetup is a very good idea. I'd like to participate. Thursday of each month at 21:00 UTC (14:00 EST) fine for me.

Eric

On Tue, 5 Jan 2021 at 21:08, Dr. Richard Boulanger <rboulanger@berklee.edu> wrote:
> [...]

> https://us-west-2.protection.sophos.com?d=github.com&u=aHR0cHM6Ly9naXRodWIuY29tL2Nzb3VuZC9jc291bmQvaXNzdWVz&i=NWYxNzBkMDNiNTVmZGEwZmIyNjczYmRm&t=YlNrQ2lLclRLZUpGUE1iR0FyY2M1eW1NTUU5SUozWlJwMTNZU2NXT1BLOD0=&h=43b8ffb98bad4742a37a4503eb7d1adc Discussions of bugs and features can
> be posted here

https://us-west-2.protection.sophos.com?d=heanet.ie&u=aHR0cHM6Ly9saXN0c2Vydi5oZWFuZXQuaWUvY2dpLWJpbi93YT9BMD1DU09VTkQ=&i=NWYxNzBkMDNiNTVmZGEwZmIyNjczYmRm&t=WVZMRlI4dlFUVUZ6V2NTOUU5eE9lZnFIemtoc2hxYlBDMFFCWmtKZzhzRT0=&h=43b8ffb98bad4742a37a4503eb7d1adc
Send bugs reports to
        https://us-west-2.protection.sophos.com?d=github.com&u=aHR0cHM6Ly9naXRodWIuY29tL2Nzb3VuZC9jc291bmQvaXNzdWVz&i=NWYxNzBkMDNiNTVmZGEwZmIyNjczYmRm&t=YlNrQ2lLclRLZUpGUE1iR0FyY2M1eW1NTUU5SUozWlJwMTNZU2NXT1BLOD0=&h=43b8ffb98bad4742a37a4503eb7d1adc

FromJohann Philippe <000002c2c0737523-dmarc-request@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE>
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Online meetups
This is a great idea. I'd like to participate as well !

Le mercredi 6 janvier 2021 à 10:21:35 UTC+1, Eric Maestri <eric.maestri@gmail.com> a écrit :

> [...]

> https://us-west-2.protection.sophos.com?d=github.com&u=aHR0cHM6Ly9naXRodWIuY29tL2Nzb3VuZC9jc291bmQvaXNzdWVz&i=NWYxNzBkMDNiNTVmZGEwZmIyNjczYmRm&t=YlNrQ2lLclRLZUpGUE1iR0FyY2M1eW1NTUU5SUozWlJwMTNZU2NXT1BLOD0=&h=43b8ffb98bad4742a37a4503eb7d1adc Discussions of bugs and features can
> be posted here

https://us-west-2.protection.sophos.com?d=heanet.ie&u=aHR0cHM6Ly9saXN0c2Vydi5oZWFuZXQuaWUvY2dpLWJpbi93YT9BMD1DU09VTkQ=&i=NWYxNzBkMDNiNTVmZGEwZmIyNjczYmRm&t=WVZMRlI4dlFUVUZ6V2NTOUU5eE9lZnFIemtoc2hxYlBDMFFCWmtKZzhzRT0=&h=43b8ffb98bad4742a37a4503eb7d1adc
Send bugs reports to
        https://us-west-2.protection.sophos.com?d=github.com&u=aHR0cHM6Ly9naXRodWIuY29tL2Nzb3VuZC9jc291bmQvaXNzdWVz&i=NWYxNzBkMDNiNTVmZGEwZmIyNjczYmRm&t=YlNrQ2lLclRLZUpGUE1iR0FyY2M1eW1NTUU5SUozWlJwMTNZU2NXT1BLOD0=&h=43b8ffb98bad4742a37a4503eb7d1adc

FromMarco Stroppa <00000088a9b41854-dmarc-request@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE>
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Online meetups
Dear Mike,

Very good proposal!
Although my usage of Csound is quite "ordinary" I would definitely like to attend such a meeting, at least as a listener. Living in France and Germany, any time that would correspond to the evening here would work for me (at the moment, there is a curfew in both countries).

All my best
Marco

Am Mittwoch, 6. Januar 2021, 10:24:43 MEZ hat Johann Philippe <000002c2c0737523-dmarc-request@listserv.heanet.ie> Folgendes geschrieben:

> [...]

> https://us-west-2.protection.sophos.com?d=github.com&u=aHR0cHM6Ly9naXRodWIuY29tL2Nzb3VuZC9jc291bmQvaXNzdWVz&i=NWYxNzBkMDNiNTVmZGEwZmIyNjczYmRm&t=YlNrQ2lLclRLZUpGUE1iR0FyY2M1eW1NTUU5SUozWlJwMTNZU2NXT1BLOD0=&h=43b8ffb98bad4742a37a4503eb7d1adc Discussions of bugs and features can
> be posted here

https://us-west-2.protection.sophos.com?d=heanet.ie&u=aHR0cHM6Ly9saXN0c2Vydi5oZWFuZXQuaWUvY2dpLWJpbi93YT9BMD1DU09VTkQ=&i=NWYxNzBkMDNiNTVmZGEwZmIyNjczYmRm&t=WVZMRlI4dlFUVUZ6V2NTOUU5eE9lZnFIemtoc2hxYlBDMFFCWmtKZzhzRT0=&h=43b8ffb98bad4742a37a4503eb7d1adc
Send bugs reports to
        https://us-west-2.protection.sophos.com?d=github.com&u=aHR0cHM6Ly9naXRodWIuY29tL2Nzb3VuZC9jc291bmQvaXNzdWVz&i=NWYxNzBkMDNiNTVmZGEwZmIyNjczYmRm&t=YlNrQ2lLclRLZUpGUE1iR0FyY2M1eW1NTUU5SUozWlJwMTNZU2NXT1BLOD0=&h=43b8ffb98bad4742a37a4503eb7d1adc

FromItal Rolando
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Online meetups
I love the idea.
I'd like to participate as a listener.

Ital
Inviato da myMail per iOS

mercoledì 6 gennaio 2021, 11:29 +0100 da 00000088a9b41854-dmarc-request@listserv.heanet.ie <00000088a9b41854-dmarc-request@listserv.heanet.ie>:
> [...]

> https://us-west-2.protection.sophos.com?d=github.com&u=aHR0cHM6Ly9naXRodWIuY29tL2Nzb3VuZC9jc291bmQvaXNzdWVz&i=NWYxNzBkMDNiNTVmZGEwZmIyNjczYmRm&t=YlNrQ2lLclRLZUpGUE1iR0FyY2M1eW1NTUU5SUozWlJwMTNZU2NXT1BLOD0=&h=43b8ffb98bad4742a37a4503eb7d1adc Discussions of bugs and features can
> be posted here

https://us-west-2.protection.sophos.com?d=heanet.ie&u=aHR0cHM6Ly9saXN0c2Vydi5oZWFuZXQuaWUvY2dpLWJpbi93YT9BMD1DU09VTkQ=&i=NWYxNzBkMDNiNTVmZGEwZmIyNjczYmRm&t=WVZMRlI4dlFUVUZ6V2NTOUU5eE9lZnFIemtoc2hxYlBDMFFCWmtKZzhzRT0=&h=43b8ffb98bad4742a37a4503eb7d1adc
Send bugs reports to
        https://us-west-2.protection.sophos.com?d=github.com&u=aHR0cHM6Ly9naXRodWIuY29tL2Nzb3VuZC9jc291bmQvaXNzdWVz&i=NWYxNzBkMDNiNTVmZGEwZmIyNjczYmRm&t=YlNrQ2lLclRLZUpGUE1iR0FyY2M1eW1NTUU5SUozWlJwMTNZU2NXT1BLOD0=&h=43b8ffb98bad4742a37a4503eb7d1adc

FromBernard Geyer
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Online meetups
Hello,
I am interested too.
Is it already tomorrow ?
How to register or to have the codes ?

Best,
Bernard

Le mer. 6 janv. 2021 à 12:58, Ital Rolando <ital.rolando@gmail.com> a écrit :
> [...]

> https://us-west-2.protection.sophos.com?d=github.com&u=aHR0cHM6Ly9naXRodWIuY29tL2Nzb3VuZC9jc291bmQvaXNzdWVz&i=NWYxNzBkMDNiNTVmZGEwZmIyNjczYmRm&t=YlNrQ2lLclRLZUpGUE1iR0FyY2M1eW1NTUU5SUozWlJwMTNZU2NXT1BLOD0=&h=43b8ffb98bad4742a37a4503eb7d1adc Discussions of bugs and features can
> be posted here

https://us-west-2.protection.sophos.com?d=heanet.ie&u=aHR0cHM6Ly9saXN0c2Vydi5oZWFuZXQuaWUvY2dpLWJpbi93YT9BMD1DU09VTkQ=&i=NWYxNzBkMDNiNTVmZGEwZmIyNjczYmRm&t=WVZMRlI4dlFUVUZ6V2NTOUU5eE9lZnFIemtoc2hxYlBDMFFCWmtKZzhzRT0=&h=43b8ffb98bad4742a37a4503eb7d1adc
Send bugs reports to
        https://us-west-2.protection.sophos.com?d=github.com&u=aHR0cHM6Ly9naXRodWIuY29tL2Nzb3VuZC9jc291bmQvaXNzdWVz&i=NWYxNzBkMDNiNTVmZGEwZmIyNjczYmRm&t=YlNrQ2lLclRLZUpGUE1iR0FyY2M1eW1NTUU5SUozWlJwMTNZU2NXT1BLOD0=&h=43b8ffb98bad4742a37a4503eb7d1adc

FromBrian R
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Online meetups
I would love to participate in any online meetups, currently working on creating a PWA with the WASM version of csound.

Fromluis antunes pena
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Online meetups
I would love to participate first just attending and maybe later in summer I could contribute with some demo of how I use csound in a live context.
Thanks,
Luís