[Csnd] Table length of built in sine wave

Date2020-02-12 15:15
FromJason Hallen
Subject[Csnd] Table length of built in sine wave
Hi everyone,

Can anyone tell me what the table size is of the built in sine wave (a.k.a. ifn = -1)?  I've always wondered what the advantage is of creating your own table with a sine wave versus using the built in sine wave table.

Thanks!
Jason

Fromjohn
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Table length of built in sine wave
The size can be adjusted via the option --sinesize
The default is 16384

Is this not in the manual?

==John ff

On Wed, 12 Feb 2020, Jason Hallen wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> Can anyone tell me what the table size is of the built in sine wave (a.k.a.
> ifn = -1)?  I've always wondered what the advantage is of creating your own
> table with a sine wave versus using the built in sine wave table.
>
> Thanks!
> Jason
> Csound mailing list Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can
> be posted here

FromJason Hallen
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Table length of built in sine wave
Ah, thanks for the information.  That's very helpful.  I don't see this listed in the Command Line entry of the manual, and I'm not sure I would have thought to look there for the answer anyway.  I couldn't find the answer in the Floss manual or the Csound textbook (Springer 2016) either.  Which isn't to say the answer isn't there, but I couldn't find it.

Jason

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 9:43 AM john <jpff@codemist.co.uk> wrote:
The size can be adjusted via the option --sinesize
The default is 16384

Is this not in the manual?

==John ff

On Wed, 12 Feb 2020, Jason Hallen wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> Can anyone tell me what the table size is of the built in sine wave (a.k.a.
> ifn = -1)?  I've always wondered what the advantage is of creating your own
> table with a sine wave versus using the built in sine wave table.
>
> Thanks!
> Jason
> Csound mailing list Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can
> be posted here

Fromjohn
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Table length of built in sine wave
It looks as if it was not in the manual flags sections.  i have added some
words.

Perhaps it needs more changes for where the internal table is used.  Will
look for a suitable place.

Thank you for drawing attention to this documentation failure.