[Csnd] gen01.csd example file form the manual doen't accept the three files in "_"'s

Date2020-04-23 18:23
FromPatrick Hinkle
Subject[Csnd] gen01.csd example file form the manual doen't accept the three files in "_"'s
I entered the example program from the GEN01 link in the Canonical Csound Reference Manual. I titled the file gen01.csd, an  example file form the manual that doesn't, for some reason, play back the three audio files included in the score shown here:

-odac

sr = 44100
ksmps = 32
nchnls = 2
0dbfs = 1
	instr 1
ifn = p4
ibas = 1
asig loscil 1, 1, ifn, ibas
	outs asig, asig
endin
	instr 2
isnd = p4
aread line	sr*p3, p3, 0
asig tablei aread, isnd
	outs asig, asig
endin

f 1 0 131072 1 "sa_beat1.aif" 0 0 0

i 1 0 1 1
i 1 + 1 2
i 1 + 1 3

(I replaced the first audio file with "sa_beat1.aif").

SubjectRe: [Csnd] gen01.csd example file form the manual doen't accept the three files in "_"'s
hi -

if i get it right, it is one audio file which you want to play back
three times?

you say "doesn't play": what does it mean?  what is the output in the
console?  does it work with the original file?

	joachim

On 23/04/2020 19:23, Patrick Hinkle wrote:
> I entered the example program from the GEN01 link in the Canonical Csound Reference Manual. I titled the file gen01.csd, an  example file form the manual that doesn't, for some reason, play back the three audio files included in the score shown here:
>

> -odac
>

> sr = 44100
> ksmps = 32
> nchnls = 2
> 0dbfs = 1
> 	instr 1
> ifn = p4
> ibas = 1
> asig loscil 1, 1, ifn, ibas
> 	outs asig, asig
> endin
> 	instr 2
> isnd = p4
> aread line	sr*p3, p3, 0
> asig tablei aread, isnd
> 	outs asig, asig
> endin
>

> f 1 0 131072 1 "sa_beat1.aif" 0 0 0
>
> i 1 0 1 1
> i 1 + 1 2
> i 1 + 1 3

> (I replaced the first audio file with "sa_beat1.aif").

>          https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

FromPete Goodeve
SubjectRe: [Csnd] gen01.csd example file form the manual doen't accept the three files in "_"'s
AttachmentsNone

Date2020-04-23 19:35
FromJohn ff
SubjectRe: [Csnd] gen01.csd example file form the manual doen't accept the three files in "_"'s
The first note should play but the others require tables numbered2 and 3

⁣Sent from TypeApp ​

On Apr 23, 2020, 18:59, at 18:59, Pete Goodeve  wrote:
>Hmm, it looks like you've simply replaced all three original 'f'
>statements
>in the example with your single variant file! (:-/)
>
>(Personally, I find it highly useful to have my own copy of the HTML:
>manual, which includes a folder of the actual code for all the manual
>examples.  I just copy the example of interest and edit that as I need.
>Takes up 43 MB on disc, but that's not much these days.  You can
>download it from:
> https://github.com/csound/manual/releases/Csound6.14.0_manual_html.zip
>)
>	-- Pete --
>
>On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 06:23:07PM +0100, Patrick Hinkle wrote:
>> I entered the example program from the GEN01 link in the Canonical
>Csound Reference Manual. I titled the file gen01.csd, an  example file
>form the manual that doesn't, for some reason, play back the three
>audio files included in the score shown here:
>>

>> -odac
>>

>> sr = 44100
>> ksmps = 32
>> nchnls = 2
>> 0dbfs = 1
>> 	instr 1
>> ifn = p4
>> ibas = 1
>> asig loscil 1, 1, ifn, ibas
>> 	outs asig, asig
>> endin
>> 	instr 2
>> isnd = p4
>> aread line	sr*p3, p3, 0
>> asig tablei aread, isnd
>> 	outs asig, asig
>> endin
>>

>> f 1 0 131072 1 "sa_beat1.aif" 0 0 0
>>
>> i 1 0 1 1
>> i 1 + 1 2
>> i 1 + 1 3

>> (I replaced the first audio file with "sa_beat1.aif").
>>
>> Csound mailing list
>> Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
>> Send bugs reports to
>>         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>
>Csound mailing list
>Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
>https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>Send bugs reports to
>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

FromJohn ff
SubjectRe: [Csnd] gen01.csd example file form the manual doen't accept the three files in "_"'s
And you only postmaster for one second l-- third argument to I is durantion